Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Alvaro Morata


 Share
Followers 2

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

Well, just like everyone I'm feeling relieved and happy!

Need those WBs, another CM, and another foward (RW/STR) and this window will likely look like an unparalleled success for this club!

Congrats to Granovskaia (and maybe Emenalo??) and the club for making this happen!!!

Happy day.

4 more players? wow lol... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jason said:

If we sign Sanchez too, it'll be the best transfer window in years!

Cant really see it happening.. but my god, just thinking of Hazard and Sanchez partnership.. damn

Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy with this, I not just rate Morata but he's a player Conte obviously likes and wanted and it's vital we back him.

The only real question mark is can he score enough goals. I don't think there's any question the ability, temperament and potential is there for that and hopefully being the main man under a manager that fully trusts him will bring the best out of him. He seems motivated and raring to come and prove himself.

Sometimes things just click and become the right fit and I do have the feeling this is the case here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't completely sold on Morata for the extortionist prices Real were asking, at £58m +add-ons this looks like a very good deal. He can come in and not feel the weight of having to fulfill a extremely heavy price tag, in a World Cup year he will be determined to perform as well. 

If he hits the ground running this will be a real coup, if we have to wait for him to start producing it will be hard. Expectations haven't changed for the club so he has to hit lofty heights.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I wasn't completely sold on Morata for the extortionist prices Real were asking, at £58m +add-ons this looks like a very good deal. He can come in and not feel the weight of having to fulfill a extremely heavy price tag, in a World Cup year he will be determined to perform as well. 

If he hits the ground running this will be a real coup, if we have to wait for him to start producing it will be hard. Expectations haven't changed for the club so he has to hit lofty heights.

The fact that £58m isn't considered a "heavy" price tag anymore is just insane to me. :D But it really isn't when you see what other clubs are paying for players. Morata for just a tad more than Walker/Stones/Sterling and about 30m less than Lukaku/Pogba.

Even fucking Arsenal have spent £50m on a player this summer!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The fact that £58m isn't considered a "heavy" price tag anymore is just insane to me. :D But it really isn't when you see what other clubs are paying for players. Morata for just a tad more than Walker/Stones/Sterling and about 30m less than Lukaku/Pogba.

Even fucking Arsenal have spent £50m on a player this summer!

Less than we sold Oscar for... Let that soak in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Right. So first thing's first - happy to end our striker hunt. Secondly, as some of you know I don't rate the guy as highly but I'll keep my mind open as always. Thirdly, my main problem was the outrageous fees that were coming out - the 70/80m's. But we've apparently got him at £58m (initial) which isn't bad at all. 

It'll be great to have a striker who's known for his reliable link up play, but I hope Morata is ready for the Chelsea challenge. This is the first club where he'll be the undisputed number one striker, so he has some pressure. 

For £58m, he's a better buy than Lukaku at £75m for sure. Almost £20m less! A lot less pressure. The move feels good. Well done to the board who managed to negotiate this fee. Low key hoping that Conte's new contract enforced this and maybe another big signing (Alex Sandro ;)). 

A lot of respect for what you wrote mate. Lovely stuff!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

My sources at the club told me Emanelo had to step in and take care of this. Makes sense that it happened.

LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, the wes said:

European football journalist Mina Rzouki on BBC Radio 5 live

If you offered me the choice between Morata and Lukaku, I wouldn't even think about it.

I would pay £20m or £30m more if I had to and I would bring in Morata.

That is because I would always prefer an intelligent player in my team. Even if he doesn't score as many goals, even if he doesn't do whatever he needs to.

If he is more intelligent then he can be moulded quicker, he can do what he needs to do. And Morata has Champions League experience. He was second top scorer for Real Madrid despite not starting.

He has done it at Juventus and he has done it at Real Madrid.

He understands, he has the pace, he is intelligent, he links up play, he can be a counter-attacking threat.

Her use of the word intelligent strikes me as careless and potentially misleading. I think I get what she means but she needs to describe it more accurately.

Rom is in fact a very bright guy, in IQ terms. Indeed it's that intelligence which has enabled him to make the most of his attributes despite some clear limitations. He can learn just as quickly as the next striker but he lacks the technical tools to put the lessons into practice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Happy with this, I not just rate Morata but he's a player Conte obviously likes and wanted and it's vital we back him.

The only real question mark is can he score enough goals. I don't think there's any question the ability, temperament and potential is there for that and hopefully being the main man under a manager that fully trusts him will bring the best out of him. He seems motivated and raring to come and prove himself.

Sometimes things just click and become the right fit and I do have the feeling this is the case here.

Well, I think the real question is not if he can score enough goals, but rather if he can score the goals. I think Morata can easily score +15 goals in the league this season (unless a repeat of 14/15 occurs).

Consider this: Diego Costa scored 20 goals in the league last season which isn't 'that' impressive for a side that won the league. However, no-one can deny the huge effect he had on our success. A lot of the goals he scored either brought us the victory (WBA) or sparked a comeback (City away). Even before Costa we had Drogba who didn't score a lot of goals per se but he scored important goals and was always a handful for the opponent's defenders.

This is what will be expected of Morata. And thankfully, he's shown that he's very capable. He's scored goals against the likes of Bayern, City, Real Madrid, Barcelona which includes the CL final and Semi final, also multiple match winning goals in La Liga and CL last year. 

Besides that, Alvarito is someone who will always contribute positively to the team whether he scores or not. Wouldn't be surprised to see our other outfield players score a lot more goals this year.

In fact I'm expecting Eden to once again break his record goal tally in a season for us. He's a player that thrives on link up play, and this is the first time in his Chelsea career that he will play alongside a striker with great link up play and technique. He'll be feeding off the one-twos with the new Spanish man upfront.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hybrid Angel said:

Well, I think the real question is not if he can score enough goals, but rather if he can score the goals. I think Morata can easily score +15 goals in the league this season (unless a repeat of 14/15 occurs).

Consider this: Diego Costa scored 20 goals in the league last season which isn't 'that' impressive for a side that won the league. However, no-one can deny the huge effect he had on our success. A lot of the goals he scored either brought us the victory (WBA) or sparked a comeback (City away). Even before Costa we had Drogba who didn't score a lot of goals per say but he scored important goals and was always a handful for the opponent's defenders.

This is what will be expected of Morata. And thankfully, he's shown that he's very capable. He's scored goals against the likes of Bayern, City, Real Madrid, Barcelona which includes the CL final and Semi final, also multiple match winning goals in La Liga and CL last year. 

Besides that, Alvarito is someone who will always contribute positively to the team whether he scores or not. Wouldn't be surprised to see our other outfield players score a lot more goals this year.

In fact I'm expecting Eden to once again break his record goal tally in a season for us. He's a player that thrives on link up play, and this is the first time in his Chelsea career that he will play alongside a striker with great link up play and technique. He'll be feeding off the one-twos with the new Spanish man upfront.

The ability to link is huge and for me was the biggest worry with us buying Lukaku.

The players in behind - Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Fabregas and the wing backs will thrive off someone like Morata and having someone who can link the play so well will almost certainly add an extra few goals a season spread out amongst the team which lessens the burden on Morata.

I also didn't realise that his goal record for Spain was good last season too - 7 goals in 11 games I believe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

My sources at the club told me Emanelo had to step in and take care of this. Makes sense that it happened.

More like Emenalo had to step out the way (thanks to Mourinho/ManUtd taking Lukaku), then Conte agreed a new contract with pay rise, and we signed Conte's preferred striker.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BenIsLegend said:

I wonder if we'll do the medical etc tomorrow or give him a days rest to recover

Every Chelsea fan needs a "day's rest to recover."

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...