Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Alvaro Morata

Followers 2

21 hours ago, magic weeds said:

That Guy Belotti. Very aggressive and powerful, good technic and speedy. I'd have him in a second as a lone striker. Morata is more of SS. Lukaku is pure CF. I guess we cant be greedy to have all the three. :D

I've always liked Morata but Belotti is my preferred Costa replacement if our CF leaves. Unlike Morata and Rom, or Diego come to that, the Italian is good, or better than good, at every aspect of centre forward play.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lukaku is a proven Premier League goalscorer. Why do you even want Morata instead of him?

Morata is one of those players who've never impressed me. Not at his first spell at Real, Juventus and now his second spell at Real. The reason they brought him back is only as Benzema's sub. 

Morata, Lukaku, Icardi. Good players but pass. I'd much rather stick with Costa.

And if Costa is adamant on leaving, my number 1 target would be Sanchez. Followed by Aubameyang and then Belotti. The first two have proven to function well at the highest level and there's just something about Belotti. I believe in his ability to make it at this level even though he's not the most gifted of players. The way he moves and anticipates. And he possesses this great hunger to score goals. Always in motion, fighting for every scrap and always ready to strike. He can finish with both feet and his head, and he puts in a shift defensively as well. Players like Suarez have shown how far a player can get with that kind of fire and drive. I would take the risk.

3 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Lukaku is a proven Premier League goalscorer. Why do you even want Morata instead of him?

Morata is one of those players who've never impressed me. Not at his first spell at Real, Juventus and now his second spell at Real. The reason they brought him back is only as Benzema's sub. 

Because Lukaku disappears on big game like he does against Liverpool. 

Morata showed up in CL games at least. 

Just now, killer1257 said:

But Lukaku has shit players besides him

No reason to disappear. Sanchez is in the same situation but at least he shows himself. 

21 hours ago, DYC. said:

Morata, Lukaku, Icardi. Good players but pass. I'd much rather stick with Costa.

And if Costa is adamant on leaving, my number 1 target would be Sanchez. Followed by Aubameyang and then Belotti. The first two have proven to function well at the highest level and there's just something about Belotti. I believe in his ability to make it at this level even though he's not the most gifted of players. The way he moves and anticipates. And he possesses this great hunger to score goals. Always in motion, fighting for every scrap and always ready to strike. He can finish with both feet and his head, and he puts in a shift defensively as well. Players like Suarez have shown how far a player can get with that kind of fire and drive. I would take the risk.

If Sanchez joins us he will not join us as a CF. It will be as a winger/inside forward. If Costa leaves, we will sign another CF to replace him but not Sanchez.

On 02/04/2017 at 9:23 AM, The Skipper said:

Belotti is like Costa with much more finesse to his game. Like him a lot. Morata is never ever in a million years worth anything more than £35m imo.

I suggest someday you actually try watching football for a change. 

12 hours ago, kiwi1691 said:

I suggest someday you actually try watching football for a change. 

Why is Morata worth more than £35m? Go on? Instead on trying to insult someone who has a different opinion to you, I suggest you try to argue against their point.

Is there any reason (apart from anti football fantasy answers or money) why we cant sign Sanchez AND Rom OR Belottietc. EDIT : Of course IF Diego isn't still with us for whatever reason.

As we saw the other day both Eden and whoever the other RW was were all over the place. Very rarely in the position wingers are expected to be. They were up n down in and out. So to have the top 3 all do it would work good IMHO and a combination of those 3 should be deadly.

10 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Is there any reason (apart from anti football fantasy answers or money) why we cant sign Sanchez AND Rom OR Belottietc.

As we saw the other day both Eden and whoever the other RW was were all over the place. Very rarely in the position wingers are expected to be. They were up n down in and out. So to have the top 3 all do it would work good IMHO and a combination of those 3 should be deadly.

Well, i see no reason why we cant sign Sanchez and Lukaku, but buying Bellotti aswell would be unnecessary, we dont play with 2 strikers, and paying 90M for a backup( Belloti's release clause), is stupid to say the least.

2 minutes ago, lucashm said:

Well, i see no reason why we cant sign Sanchez and Lukaku, but buying Bellotti aswell would be unnecessary, we dont play with 2 strikers, and paying 90M for a backup( Belloti's release clause), is stupid to say the least.

But in reality we would be using a 3 striker system. Just not putting them in pigeonholes and naming them as such. Eden isn't realy a RW is he?

13 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

But in reality we would be using a 3 striker system. Just not putting them in pigeonholes and naming them as such. Eden isn't realy a RW is he?

No, but he doesnt play there either, and i would much rather have 2 skillfull players and a striker, than 2 strikers and only one skillfull player. No need for more strikers IMO, unless Costa Leaves, which is looking likely

12 minutes ago, lucashm said:

No, but he doesnt play there either, and i would much rather have 2 skillfull players and a striker, than 2 strikers and only one skillfull player. No need for more strikers IMO, unless Costa Leaves, which is looking likely

Well of course I meant IF Diego leaves!! Even I'm not daft enough to think wwe could keep Eden.Diego,Rom,Sanchez.

Then again ............ A 3-3-4............. spiteful_zpsb7dwawc4.gif