Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Conte Thread

Followers 4

10 minutes ago, Styles said:

Loved the celebration.

Matic doesn't really seem to serve any purpose - defensively average (doesn't even use his size particularly well) and non-existent offensively. But then Fabregas is such an absolute liability defensively Matic is still able to get in the team ahead of him. Even the worst Premier League teams can and will look into exploiting the issues caused by Fabregas playing.

I think Conte is waiting to get in defenders that can deal with or mask Fabregas' liability defensively before he plays Fab in that role. That makes sense to me anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, I am a Juventus italian fan and maybe I can help you to understand which kind of coach Conte is...(sorry for my english, I hope you will understand) When he arrived in Juventus, he fo

I think the fact that we stuck to our principles, pressing them high up the pitch in spurts throughout the game and more importantly, passing out from the back, even with a few mistakes (note - it goe

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jason said:

First game of the season and he's already not afraid of making some big decisions!

- Dropped Fabregas, who's one of our only two main creative source in the team

- Took Hazard off when the game was at 1-1. Most, if not all the other managers wouldn't have taken the most important player off in that situation

- Played 2 strikers upfront, UPFRONT when we needed to chase the win. It was risky but refreshing to see that. Tired of seeing managers put 2 strikers in the XI, only to see them put one out wide

Two strikers for about 8 minutes plus injury time. We've seen that a zillion times haven't we?

• Like 1

While I was jumping up n down screaming like a school girlie I looked over to see that Conte was doing exactly the same thing!

And when he came out on the pitch and he spotted the cards made into the il Tricolore he looked into the crowd to I suppose his Mrs and pointed to it. So it must have brought a lump ro his throat.

Now I've not totally agreed with some of his team selections for tonight but I suppose thats why I'm not a footy manager. But I shouldn't think that he is fully sure of the players yet plus hopefully in his mind what new guys will do what and WHEN. But theres some good signs so I think we should keep him awhile.

• Like 1

It takes balls to take off Hazard and bring on Moses who hasn't played for 2-3 seasons for us. I fucking loved his celebrations, proper passionate manager!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, The Mak said:

If Mikel played the same role Matic did today, we probably wouldn't hear the end of it (from some) until next season. He'd get to live off a performance like that for another year.

What role? He had none. He could have been sent off and I don't think it would have made any difference to the game whatsoever. 

If Mikel had had that same performance as Matic yesterday people would be calling for him to be assassinated on here. 

• Like 1

Training the 4-2-4 paid dividends. The run by Michy, knock down and run by Costa were exactly like plays being run in preseason. So great to see that we got a goal from a practiced set play.

• Like 4

I f8cking love his passion. Something I hope he will transfer to the players and he is doing that successfully so far.
Also I like that he prepared the team really well and is not afraid of making bid decisions. We needed a guy like him.

conte is the added value of the team..

negative note:  cahill is slow as a turtle..also his reactivity is embarassing..

positive notes: OSCAR;ivanovic, willian, DIEGO COSTA; HAZARD

12 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I think Conte is waiting to get in defenders that can deal with or mask Fabregas' liability defensively before he plays Fab in that role. That makes sense to me anyway. 

That's one to look at it and to be honest I hadnt considered that. It does make sense. But one weak link in midfield is one too many.