The Conte Thread

He was decent in the clash against Barcelona...but we were facing Barcelona so early in knockout stage because of poor performances against Roma in group stage.

Not to mention the team is now 5th in PL table and with few hope of playing UCL next season, this combined with some of the most embarrassing performances Chelsea produced in years, and with the fact he asked our most important player to leave and replaced him with a guy that watched both games against Barcelona from the bench is more than enough to fire him as soon as possible.

Conte is no more than an ordinary manager. His has a mediocre CV, and there is nothing special in his career so far that can justify giving him one more year. He won things with Juventus in Italy, yes, but winning things with Juventus in Italy in recent years became easier than winning things with Barcelona in Spain. He did a good job with Italy in Euro 16, yes, but winning things at International level (he didn't even win by the way) don't prove anything about what a manager can do at club level.

Time to go Conte. Thanks for the Premier League last season, but its time to move on.

6 minutes ago, Henrique said:

He was decent in the clash against Barcelona...but we were facing Barcelona so early in knockout stage because of poor performances against Roma in group stage.

Not to mention the team is now 5th in PL table and with few hope of playing UCL next season, this combined with some of the most embarrassing performances Chelsea produced in years, and with the fact he asked our most important player to leave and replaced him with a guy that watched both games against Barcelona from the bench is more than enough to fire him as soon as possible.

Conte is no more than an ordinary manager. His has a mediocre CV, and there is nothing special in his career so far that can justify giving him one more year. He won things with Juventus in Italy, yes, but winning things with Juventus in Italy in recent years became easier than winning things with Barcelona in Spain. He did a good job with Italy in Euro 16, yes, but winning things at International level (he didn't even win by the way) don't prove anything about what a manager can do at club level.

Time to go Conte. Thanks for the Premier League last season, but its time to move on.

I just read a Conte quote which tells me everything I need to know about him.

When discussing Juventus' Champions League chances, Conte replied: "You can't go to a €100 restaurant with €10." Since Conte left, Juventus have been to the Champions League final twice.

He is Mourinho lite.

11 hours ago, Styles said:

I just read a Conte quote which tells me everything I need to know about him.

When discussing Juventus' Champions League chances, Conte replied: "You can't go to a €100 restaurant with €10." Since Conte left, Juventus have been to the Champions League final twice.

He is Mourinho lite.

and lose both of them :Goober:

He will walk into a top job next season for sure where as we will appoint Luis Enrique or some second rate manager. Exciting times ahead. Pity that it looks so clear that he will go because I think if we could show that sort of performances like the two v Barca and first half of United without individual errors then we would secure top 4 no problem.  

regarding conte, i love his passion, love the way his teams are usually defensively solid, love his character... but let's not act like he doesn't have his flaws. He never, ever won a single cup as manager, not even a coppa italia when he had by far the best team in italy for 3 years, not even a league cup or fa cup when we were better than all the other top english teams. We lost to an embarrassing arse side in the final ffs... Also, he seems to expect to get *exactly* what he wants from the board in terms of signings or else he sulks, and keeps bringing it up literally every single press conference. I understand he expected to be backed more after his first year success, and arguably should have been, but when that hasn't happened, you should just get on with rather than sulking for months on end. It rubs off badly on the players, the fans, everyone and isn't conducive to success.. the atmosphere among the players for the city game was rock bottom in regards to delivering the most uninspired performance i'd ever seen (or one of) and tbh, i put the blame for that on conte and his constant sulking/emo attitude.

Having said all that, the board has undoubtedly also been at fault as there are rumors conte wanted lukaku and the board twiddled its thumbs towards the end of last season and beginning of summer rather than aggressively going in for him (MU were already talking to him and eventually got him). However the fact that the board didn't want to spend 80M on alex sandro is fully understandably imo.... and conte reportedly wanted players like carroll, crouch, llorente, barnes so he's not exactly the ultimate undisputed transfer market talent identifier either.

All in all, happy we had him, happy for the great joy he gave us last season but will also be happy when we move on from this saga as it seems conte's relationship with the board, the club, the fans, the players will never be the same as last year after all his sulking, emo attitude and uber negative football (v. city especially)

Antonio Conte accuses Chelsea board of failing him after missing out on key targets: 'Last season, we won the title... and you saw our transfer market

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5511139/Antonio-Conte-Chelsea-failed-transfer-market.html