The Conte Thread

13 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Thing is bud he don't want to stay.

And he's on borrowed time with the board.

And the players are never going to try for him, patently obvious Sunday.

That's the key thing for me. Everything else aside, if you lose the players, you're basically done as a manager at a top club and based on the city performance, I feel he has lost the dressing room...

13 hours ago, Blusan Alamb said:

I will give Conte another year if he can finish in the top four.  

Why? Why give Conte another year when it's blatantly obvious that he doesn't want to be here? Why persist with him when he's not getting through to the players anymore?

Honestly, I don't know what's more surprising - the fact that he's still in the job or there haven't been any stories about his job being under threat. I don't wish anything bad on others but it's a stark contrast to say 6-7 years ago. 

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Why? Why give Conte another year when it's blatantly obvious that he doesn't want to be here? Why persist with him when he's not getting through to the players anymore?

Honestly, I don't know what's more surprising - the fact that he's still in the job or there haven't been any stories about his job being under threat. I don't wish anything bad on others but it's a stark contrast to say 6-7 years ago. 

Because unlike AVB and Scolari, Conte has a track record at not only Chelsea but other major European clubs to fall back on, and unlike Jose we ain't 16th.

On 3/6/2018 at 6:37 PM, DDA said:

Conte handled the Costa situatiom exactly how he should have, like a boss.

Costa was acting like a child. He got put in his place and instead of acting like a man and taking it on the chin (like Luiz) he sulked until he got his move.

The sad thing is with this club is that it doesn't take much to lose the dressing room. At the first sign of a season going bad the players act like a bunch of girls and start throwing their toys out the pram. 

He is not the boss.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Because unlike AVB and Scolari, Conte has a track record at not only Chelsea but other major European clubs to fall back on, and unlike Jose we ain't 16th.

He may have the track record but is he capable of turning the current situation around? Is he motivated to do so? The signs are pointing to 'NO'. So, why persist with him? Even you said he's been poor this season. If he has been trying different things out to change our form, to improve our results but to no avail, then think we as fans might still be patient with him. But he's not. He keeps on doing the same things that haven't worked much this season and expect different results. He's become so rigid, stubborn and disconnected. Was still doing OK till December, despite some inconsistencies and problems but everything suddenly went south the second we hit 2018. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

He may have the track record but is he capable of turning the current situation around? Is he motivated to do so? The signs are pointing to 'NO'. So, why persist with him? Even you said he's been poor this season. If he has been trying different things out to change our form, to improve our results but to no avail, then think we as fans might still be patient with him. But he's not. He keeps on doing the same things that haven't worked much this season and expect different results. He's become so rigid, stubborn and disconnected. Was still doing OK till December, despite some inconsistencies and problems but everything suddenly went south the second we hit 2018. 

Oh i agree, i just believe that's possibly Roman's thinking and because of that he will probably see the season out and maybe even get a 3rd (is Conte stubbornly refusing to walk away from a payout and Roman stubbornly refusing to give him one really out of the question?). I think what this also shows is what i have suspected all along and that Roman isn't this impulsive trigger happy lunatic he's made out to be, he just won't give time to people who haven't earned it (be it either track record or showing positive signs despite average results).

Representatives from PSG have already met with Conte's brother Gianluca about a potential switch to the French capital

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/paris-saint-germain-meet-chelsea-12151806

Do we not get compensation from psg if psg approach him if Conte still Chelsea manager till end off the season ?? I hope Conte can go out in a high by helping us win the FA Cup this season

On 3/7/2018 at 2:28 AM, bigbluewillie said:

Thing is bud he don't want to stay.

And he's on borrowed time with the board.

And the players are never going to try for him, patently obvious Sunday.

I wouldn't go that far yet...the players seemed to stick their one task which was just to nullify City's attack, and were mostly successful barring that one mistake from Alonso. 

4 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

I wouldn't go that far yet...the players seemed to stick their one task which was just to nullify City's attack, and were mostly successful barring that one mistake from Alonso. 

Sticking to the task is one thing but not putting in the energy and intensity in the performance is another.