The Conte Thread

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Sacking him now would mean having £30m (?) less to spend in the summer. Decisions decisions, but I guess they are waiting for the time when his severance pay goes down according to his contract.

It’s not like Chelsea is going to spend any significant amount of money. We already brought in 9-10 new players since last summer (long term contracts) so I don’t  see a room for new arrivals unless they are like for like. People thinks we’re going to attract top manager and spend big in the summer. Yeah right. 

I have been 100% behind Conte from his first day until ...yesterday. That was the last straw, he seems more interested in trying to prove a point that he doesn't have the adequate pieces to make a real challenge to win trophies (I probably agree that he doesn't). He looks like a defeated man, not capable of inspiring the squad or getting any tactics right. His in-game tactics as well as some of the line-ups he's picked over the past few weeks have been absolutely horrible... I think we need to sack him before we risk losing hazard because of him. Sad for me to say this but I think we should cut ties ASAP, don't see us getting top 4 with him unfortunately. Would take an interim manager for until the end of the season at this point...

lets be real, we all know that our board sucks, that they should do a better job, but the manager has to do his best with what he has. and we can all agree that our manager failed to bring out the best from our team so far this calendar year. players have a part in a blame too. it's not always only the managers fault or only the players fault (just like in the mourinhos case)...our two games vs city were fucking embarrassment. even if you can have an alibi for our first game, where we played shortly after our away game in the cl, there is no alibi for yesterdays game. there is no alibi for subbing out hazard in the united game, there is no alibi to constantly be late with subs when we are struggling, and so on...

i love conte, call me crazy, but i want him to stay next season too. i dont think he will, but i just dont think we will have a manager of his caliber soon, especially when there is a big chance we will end up without hazard and courtois. we will battle for 5th place with fucking arsenal. we will become liverpool, no one wants that. i just hope abramovich does something already. but we all know he wont.

2 hours ago, zekinjo said:

It’s not like Chelsea is going to spend any significant amount of money. We already brought in 9-10 new players since last summer (long term contracts) so I don’t  see a room for new arrivals unless they are like for like. People thinks we’re going to attract top manager and spend big in the summer. Yeah right. 

They will not have much choice with Courtois and Hazard leaving, maybe someone more. Unless they opt to replace them with youth, which I doubt. Losing Conte, Tibo and Hazard all at once will place us equal with Wenger's Arsenal, but if they get a new manager then we could end up even below them because their squad will be miles ahead. From next season on our holy grail will be getting the last Europe League place.

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

No, he will be remembered for winning the league in his FIRST season with a bunch of overpaid Z list celebraties, who then fell out with the board. Only the 🤡s who support this club will pin Edens departure on Conte.

Funny thing is a lot of people here were saying in September 2016 that top 4 would be success with our average squad.

The thought of lots of Stockholm syndrome sheep chanting his name at the stadium if we're winning against Crystal Palace sickens me more than the thought of drinking tea/coffee with salt in it. He has killed team morale, he oozes of apathy. What more before enough is f*cking enough? Any caretaker will save our season at this stage.

16 hours ago, Azpinator said:

I don't understand all the criticism regarding the defensive approach as if we actually had a chance against that City side!

United were criticized for the same tactics against them, but Arsenal were also criticized for using the opposite approach.

If we lose 1-0 we'll be called coward and gutless. If we lose 5-0 we'll be called spineless and shaky.

It's not about how bad we are, it's about how good they are. People are acting like this is the City from last season, it absolutely is not.

You are embarrassing yourself here. Defensive approach is completely different from what we saw today. I dont have the gif right now, there were some moments that were easily the most embarrassing thing I've ever see in football: City calmly exchanging passes in the midfield and Chelsea's players passively watching. Im not afraid to say that was by a country mile the most harmless opposition City face the whole season. 

This "I don't have the players to challenge for trophies" rethoric seems a little foolish to me. If you are a cook and you need to make a cake, but you do not really have ingredients of the best quality, you still need to try and make that cake. Because it's your duty. Plus, nobody asks Conte to challenge for trophies. We  are desperately hoping for the team to challenge for points and for a top 4 finish.  

I understand that he is not happy about the way the board handled the previous two windows, but it is what it is. His duty is to give his best in order to get things going. Is he doing that? I am not sure, but it doesn't seem like it. I don't know what needs to happen. It would be sad to sack him, as he brought a lot of enthusiasm on the Bridge last season, but if he's not willing to make a change and to accept that he can't always get what he wants (specially with the Chelsea board behind), then it's probably better to let go. 

7 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

The speed in which our fans turn on the manager is appalling. We deserve the shit storm that’s coming our way. 

Players don't get free passes because of the past, so why should managers? Conte has done a poor job this season no matter what way it's spun.