The Conte Thread

Seriously unsure if he'll last if City pump us and we go out against Barca in a similar manner. If he gets us past Barca, okay he'll probably get more of a chance to try take us as far as he can go in the CL but starting to think if he doesn't leave at the end of the season, then maybe he gets sacked. We've lost v Bournemouth, Watford, United in space of like 5 weeks, throw in maybe getting beat by City and Barca... not sure what the big man up top will be contemplating. 

4 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Urm, no. But there is a higher probability of creating something when he is on the pitch.

It's all ifs and buts, no? Hazard started OK but faded away. Wasn't doing anything to justify staying on. When he had chances to shoot, he doesn't take them. Didn't fare much better in 1 v 1s either.

5 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Out Mourinho'd today. Could tell Mourinho was the more confident -his psychological patting and hugging our players in the tunnel, handshake etc . 

Just like when we turn Mourinho over at the Bridge. Jekyll and Hyde situation here.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

It's all ifs and buts, no? Hazard started OK but faded away. Wasn't doing anything to justify staying on. When he had chances to shoot, he doesn't take them. Didn't fare much better in 1 v 1s either.

Hazard: 4 key passes 4 successful dribbles 1 assist 3 big chances created . That's more than okay. 

Your new thing of trying to underrate Hazard is not very clever  and maybe a bit attention seeking. Morata should have been off before him. He has no business subbing out Hazard

Just now, MrExcalibur100 said:

Hazard: 4 key passes 4 successful dribbles 1 assist 3 big chances created . That's more than okay. 

Your new thing of trying to underrate Hazard is not very clever. Morata should have been off before him. He has no business subbing out Hazard

Not to mention he is constantly winning fouls, giving us chances from free kicks.

2 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

No but you can't sub him out in this sort of game at 1-1. There's literally no way to rationalize it. He wasn't good in the 2nd half but was really impressive in the 1st. Why sub out a player that can create something from nothing and leave Morata on the pitch who was beyond abysmal. Leave Giroud on the bench. Bring on an underperfoming Pedro. It's not the 1st time Conte is doing that. Awful decison making and subs. The man doesn't know what he's doing anymore. 

Trying to rationalize him taking off Hazard is truly insane. 

I don't necessarily disagree with you on Conte's sub management because I thought it was shit, along with his in-game tactical management. But was he wrong to take Hazard off? I don't think so. Wasn't affecting the game in any way. Plus, what I don't get is people's constant need to criticize the manager - Conte or not - when they do something that will seemingly upset Hazard. It's as if we're Eden Hazard FC and not Chelsea FC.

Just now, Jason said:

Don't give me any of that bullshit. Pedro-Hazard was a defensive sub and you fucking know it. 1-1 in a must win game with 20 minutes to go and he fucking settles for a draw. 

Morata was awful and Willian, in the last 20 minutes before the sub was clearly tired and losing balls left and right. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you on Conte's sub management because I thought it was shit, along with his in-game tactical management. But was he wrong to take Hazard off? I don't think so. Wasn't affecting the game in any way. Plus, what I don't get is people's constant need to criticize the manager - Conte or not - when they do something that will seemingly upset Hazard. It's as if we're Eden Hazard FC and not Chelsea FC.

He was absolutely wrong to take Hazard off because he can change a game at any time regardless of how he's playing. It's not like we have world class players on our bench.

Your diatribe about "it's not Hazard FC" is a non-sequitir that has nothing to do with nothing. We're trying to win a football match. You keep your best player that can create something from nothing at any moment. Simple. 

3 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Your new thing of trying to underrate Hazard is not very clever  and maybe a bit attention seeking. Morata should have been off before him. He has no business subbing out Hazard

Trying to underrate Hazard? :lol: Better than some folks who always get touchy when the manager does something that will seemingly upset Hazard or people say something negative about Eden 'Who Can Do No Wrong' Hazard.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Defo agree. Personally I think it was the right move to swap him out because Willian was playing better (and although Morata was poor playing with a false 9 would of been daft) but the way United came out second half made it a different proposition all together. This is my only concern with Hazard he can brilliant in periods for the 45 minutes then disappears after HT or whatever. No player can play excellently for 90 minutes 40-50 times a season but these sort of games (United, Barca, City whoever) he needs to be a bit more than good for one half. I was disappointed with him in the Barca game because he started good for maybe 15 minutes after we really got into it then was pretty much forgotten about.  He is the main guy here and obviously a level above a lot of our players but that alone seems to buy him immunity from criticism. In hindsight if that was Pedro who started and disappeared after HT then people would not hesitate to say na get him off hes doing fuck all. I think even with Eden on we'd still have lost because we were slowly getting deeper and deeper, losing second balls and letting United come onto us.

I know this season is clearly a write off and I dont care if Hazard Coutouis and any fucking body leaves as well...just proper and quality summer transfer...we should be okay....Conte should go fuck himself with all his bad game management and awful subs....bring in the likes of bailey fekir kovacic authur melo asensio....and other quality attacking players....we need quality upfront....barcelona and man u were for taking....but somehow conte and his piss poor squad bottled it...

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Plus, what I don't get is people's constant need to criticize the manager - Conte or not - when they do something that will seemingly upset Hazard. It's as if we're Eden Hazard FC and not Chelsea FC.

What is this? Do something that will upset Hazard? I want to win a game. I am not criticizing Conte for upsetting Hazard :D :D 

Just now, Jason said:

Trying to underrate Hazard? :lol: Better than some folks who always get touchy when the manager does something that will seemingly upset Hazard or people say something negative about Eden 'Who Can Do No Wrong' Hazard.

Yes you are. Or being contrarion for attention. I've criticized Hazard several times before but he rarely comes in for criticism because he happens to play well most of the time? The same way Kante and Azpiliceuta rarely come in for criticism but I don't see you saying it's not "Kante FC" or "Azpilicueta FC" . Now is not the time to be contrarion. If you geniunly think subbing off Hazard was the right thing to do, you know less about football than I could ever have thought.