Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Conte Thread

Followers 4

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

We had a week to prepare for this. City just played a few days on Thursday against Arsenal. Shambolic. 

conte tactical disaster... Just sit back for the whole 90mins expecting them to be less clinical in front if goal.... City has been terrific this season but they are for the taking today... They played without fernandinho while their defense is a suspect... 

• Like 1
  • Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, I am a Juventus italian fan and maybe I can help you to understand which kind of coach Conte is...(sorry for my english, I hope you will understand) When he arrived in Juventus, he fo

I think the fact that we stuck to our principles, pressing them high up the pitch in spurts throughout the game and more importantly, passing out from the back, even with a few mistakes (note - it goe

Posted Images

Thought he would change his tactics and correct his mistakes...Nope too stubborn and too much of a coward...Pissed off with these defensive and pragmatic managers..That style of play is not suited to our club and the current squad....Mr Roman please hire an attacking coach...I do not want to hear names like allegri and simeone

• Like 1

Yep we had a week to prepare but what does that matter in comparison to a team like City and what Pep said last week? He said his players don't think about tiredness, they think about winning.

Their mindset, attitude and all round metal side is the biggest thing alongside their footballing ability. Pep has created a monster both on the field and in the mind of these players, he has players like Kyle Walker looking world class, Raheem Sterling on the levels he was never near, he has Gundogan playing like Lampard and De Bruyne the best player in the world for me.

It's absolute tragic how far we have fallen and all because we decided to penny pinch after a title winning season because we thought it would be OK...well it fucking isn't now is it?

• Like 4

First match where I felt he had no ambition to win a game. Team was conceding too many chances and creating nothing. Took 1 goal and he still refused to make changes. Ironically, in his last PC he was talking about how he had too much personal ambition while the club did not fully support him.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DYC. said:

What happened to pressing? What happened to always trying to score?

Last year it was energy and aggression. This season it's extreme dullness. 

I think Conte is gone this summer. He has been at war with Chelsea board since last summer. 

I agree in what you said. The way we play feel wrong. We have stopped pressing. It just feel like everybody has given up. 

4 minutes ago, communicate said:

I think Conte is gone this summer. He has been at war with Chelsea board since last summer. 

I agree in what you said. The way we play feel wrong. We have stopped pressing. It just feel like everybody has given up. 

And what makes you think he will still be here until then ? After today he can f#ck off. His lack of ambition and negative press conferences are rubbing off on the players. If the manager isn't prepared to give a f#uk then the players will find it hard to play for him

We are almost as bad as Arsenal. Arsenal lost today, but I can't banter them because 1) I got used to it and 2) Chelsea ain't that much better.

The players, the manager, the board...everything is upside down. Want this season to end now. 

Chelsea players were walking on the pitch at times, letting City do whatever they wanted. I'm seeing an Arsenal-like performance today. The only difference is that we didn't concede more.

Conte, you lost me today. In fact you lost me several times in quick succession. Change your fecking mood, or get out of my club.

A dead man walking. Since January. He gave up, did not care enough and the players felt it. How can you play for someone who does not care and does not motivate you? His body language is terrible. If you don't like it, just leave and don't ruin our match days.

Thing is know all been media rumours but considering how many stories been about whose going to replace him weeks before this. You would think fuck this what's the point.. As he seems to be doing lately. 

11 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

The Courtois, Zinchenko, Hazard, Willian one is insane . How do you embed tweets here. I've tried several ways but it doesn't work

Make sure you copy the direct link of the tweet. Then paste it in here and it should automatically embed into a viewable tweet. 

4 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Make sure you copy the direct link of the tweet. Then paste it in here and it should automatically embed into a viewable tweet. 

That was remarkable easy.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Can't help but feel conte wants Roman to pull the trigger after watching that.

He has been begging for the sack for weeks.

• Like 3

We've seen this before, sulky manager deprived of what he wants from the board/owner. Deja-fucking-vu. They see out their contract to get the money.

However, Conte is a winner, was as a player and is as a manager. He's won four League titles in his last four seasons as a manager, second best PL win percentage ever (after Guardiola, who he did the double over last season).

I don’t think for one minute he is enjoying this.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

This man is going to drive away Hazard and Courtois as his final parting gift to Chelsea.

Roman cannot let that happen. 

I fear the damage is already done.

• Like 1