Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Conte Thread


 Share
Followers 3

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Fernando said:

This is why if they get eliminate by Germany (which is more then likely) it would not be that bad.

Of course it will be bad ^_^ Chelsea ain't the centre of the world right now, and these comments, frankly, are daft. I'd much rather have Chelsea players come sooner than Conte. He's actually thinking about Chelsea even now, by sending the Spanish home early. You know, Fabregas, Azpi, Pedro will be all rested for that meaningless friendly. While Conte is going to play a Euro Quarter Final against Germany.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, I am a Juventus italian fan and maybe I can help you to understand which kind of coach Conte is...(sorry for my english, I hope you will understand) When he arrived in Juventus, he fo

I think the fact that we stuck to our principles, pressing them high up the pitch in spurts throughout the game and more importantly, passing out from the back, even with a few mistakes (note - it goe

Posted Images

1 hour ago, milan.cech said:

13532948_1026198174123712_83200046353425

"Boss we really believe Morata is the perfect fit for our team!"

Why Fabregas not in that picture?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Of course it will be bad ^_^ Chelsea ain't the centre of the world right now, and these comments, frankly, are daft. I'd much rather have Chelsea players come sooner than Conte. He's actually thinking about Chelsea even now, by sending the Spanish home early. You know, Fabregas, Azpi, Pedro will be all rested for that meaningless friendly. While Conte is going to play a Euro Quarter Final against Germany.

If we get this kind of Conte at Chelsea then we should be back in top 4 next season without a doubt. 

This will also make the league harder, as you assume City with Pep, United with Mourinho, Liverpool with Klopp and us with Conte would be quality. Not forgetting all the other teams with good managers....wonder if Arsenal will be left behind this season because of Wenger or will make it like always....

I still wish we had one more crazy manager in Bielsa at some team in the EPL. And then we will be complete and ready to kill ourselves. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just studying Conte's italy

Pelle Eder 

Giacherinni 

De-siglo Derossi Parolo Florenzi 

Cheilini Bonucci Barzagli 

Buffon 

Possible Chelsea line-up 

Gomez Costa 

Hazard 

Azpilicueta Matic Cesc Willian

Cahill {passing centerback} Iva 

Courtois 

We need a tall striker, and a defender that can pass badly. Watching Pelle hold up play with both high and low balls reminded me that costa hates jumping. Gomez would be perfect for the big striker role. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Parky said:

"Boss we really believe Morata is the perfect fit for our team!"

Why Fabregas not in that picture?

He's not playing for Conte. :ph34r:

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

He was called a bad cup manager in Italy. Definitely proving people wrong in this tournament. 

Maybe he's evolved over time, or maybe he was a bit unlucky (after all no one was beating the Bayern team that knocked him out), or maybe a bit if both? I haven't been following Italian football that much so cant give an answer myself.

On a random note however, could you imagine the media right now if he was heading to United or Liverpool? Especially the latter.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

so far in this tournament I have been more and more impressed with Conte. He has brought what is thought to be the worst Italian team in years to the quarter finals and has gotten his tactics spot on each game. He has demolished both Belgium and Spain without conceding a goal and has instilled a strong bond within the side. So far they look very good.

 If he can instill confidence and get our lads to believe in themselves again, and employ suitable tactics I think we will do well next season. One thing is definite. We wont be rolled over as easily as we were last time, because if I played for him and lost, I'd be scared stiff to go into the dressing room. Can you imagine the bollocking you'd get !!!

Alex Ferguson's boot kick at Beckham wouldn't come close to what he'd do to you!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Maybe he's evolved over time, or maybe he was a bit unlucky (after all no one was beating the Bayern team that knocked him out), or maybe a bit if both? I haven't been following Italian football that much so cant give an answer myself.

On a random note however, could you imagine the media right now if he was heading to United or Liverpool? Especially the latter.

Oh it was definitely a bit of both, mate, at least in my opinion. He was unlucky in the CL draw on one hand (not to mention THAT disgraceful match that should not have been against Galatasaray), but on the other he also failed to win the Coppa Italia in any of his 3 seasons at Juve despite being massive favorites for it in his last 2 seasons there. Yes, Juve had a sort of mental block for winning that 10th Coppa Italia since the late nineties, but Conte as well frustratingly refused to adapt his team according to the strengths of Napoli and Lazio. 

Imo, the matches against Belgium and Spain show a level of reading and understanding of opposition teams better than he ever showed at Juve which would suggest that he has evolved in that respect.. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just like Mourinho was over a decade ago. Now he is just a shadow, but this happens to mostly every manager I know.

Fabio Capello, Arrigo Sacchi, Wenger (Did great over a decade ago), Benitez (Did great at Valencia many years ago) etc etc.

The only exception has been SAF, and I think the problem here is that everyone thinks that because SAF did it anyone can do it.

Wrong, if we look at the trend most managers have a shelve life that of players. We should not get enamored by anyone for the sake of stability. If we can get 3 good years out of him that should be fine. Look at how City has been doing. 3 years with Mancini, next by Pelle, next by Pep.

3 to 5 years should be the max unless he is the exception like SAF.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Just like Mourinho was over a decade ago. Now he is just a shadow, but this happens to mostly every manager I know.

Fabio Capello, Arrigo Sacchi, Wenger (Did great over a decade ago), Benitez (Did great at Valencia many years ago) etc etc.

The only exception has been SAF, and I think the problem here is that everyone thinks that because SAF did it anyone can do it.

Wrong, if we look at the trend most managers have a shelve life that of players. We should not get enamored by anyone for the sake of stability. If we can get 3 good years out of him that should be fine. Look at how City has been doing. 3 years with Mancini, next by Pelle, next by Pep.

3 to 5 years should be the max unless he is the exception like SAF.

We hope for many many years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Just studying Conte's italy

Pelle Eder 

Giacherinni 

De-siglo Derossi Parolo Florenzi 

Cheilini Bonucci Barzagli 

Buffon 

Possible Chelsea line-up 

Gomez Costa 

Hazard 

Azpilicueta Matic Cesc Willian

Cahill {passing centerback} Iva 

Courtois 

We need a tall striker, and a defender that can pass badly. Watching Pelle hold up play with both high and low balls reminded me that costa hates jumping. Gomez would be perfect for the big striker role. 

 

De Rossi is actually the dm, he often is (in the defensive phase) almost on the same line as the cb. Against Spain he was higher up.

            De Rossi
      Parolo-Giaccherini

3-5-2 Wouldn't really work with the kind of players we have. Imagine Fabregas in the dm role (Pirlo role), or as one of the two midfielders, that would be tragic. Cahill and Ivanovic wouldn't work also in a three man defence. I still think we will go with a 4-4-2

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, milan.cech said:

Conte speaking with Azpi and Pedro yesterday

13532948_1026198174123712_83200046353425

 

doesn't even want to look at pedro, nice job conte

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to have a 3-5-2 system at Chelsea. I don't know why everyone seems to think that it's old and it's not gonna work. Maybe because we got too used with the annoying and boring 4-2-3-1 and we cannot accept other systems anymore. 

Football nowadays is won by those who have the guts to inovate. Look at Pep's Barca or at Simeone's Atletico. They both brought something special to football, they didn't respect the trends and they won things!

Conte is that kind of guy too. If we don't have the players that he needs to build a team the way he wants it, then the club has to bring him those players. I would sign Giaccherini in a heartbeat. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...