Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Conte Thread

Followers 4

17 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

I am convinced you haven't seen more than 5 games for Chelsea under Conte if you still think Conte and Morinho's style of play are any similar..

What is this even? Because have a different opinion you tell me i haven't watched more than 5 games of Chelsea? I'm a Chelsea fan you clown.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the fact that we stuck to our principles, pressing them high up the pitch in spurts throughout the game and more importantly, passing out from the back, even with a few mistakes (note - it goe

Hello, I am a Juventus italian fan and maybe I can help you to understand which kind of coach Conte is...(sorry for my english, I hope you will understand) When he arrived in Juventus, he fo

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

We won't challenge in the CL this season for one reason, the board haven't brought in enough top quality players for us to do so, that has nothing to do with Conte. Who said anything about being happy with just winning the PL? I want us to win everything, but with that, we need a squad to do so, a bench full of Kyle Scott and Boga will only get you so far, hence the board falling short right now of targets.

If you want elite football you need elite players, we have a very small amount of them, teams like Madrid are littered with them.

Some of Conte targets are the likes of Candreva and Drinkwater which is just awful.

3 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

Some of Conte targets are the likes of Candreva and Drinkwater which is just awful.

Nobody knows exactly who's a target of the board/Conte, so it's difficult to say on that.

Going to back to challenging and elite players it's like this for me. Willian and Pedro are brilliant squad options but what we should be aspiring to is breaking the bank for players like Ousmane Dembele so that players like Willian become a great back up. What the club are supposedly doing with the Oxelaide Chamberlain situation is upgrading on Moses and Moses then becomes a very good bench option to the Ox, the squad then becomes fatter and we can compete on more levels.

• Like 4
26 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Nobody knows exactly who's a target of the board/Conte, so it's difficult to say on that.

Going to back to challenging and elite players it's like this for me. Willian and Pedro are brilliant squad options but what we should be aspiring to is breaking the bank for players like Ousmane Dembele so that players like Willian become a great back up. What the club are supposedly doing with the Oxelaide Chamberlain situation is upgrading on Moses and Moses then becomes a very good bench option to the Ox, the squad then becomes fatter and we can compete on more levels.

I agree with this but you have to keep in mind that we simply are not that club anymore. We had 3 or 4 seasons maybe where we were dominant in tansfer windows,when we could buy any players except maybe Ronaldinho,Henry,Eto'o... Those times are past and now we buy one world class player like Hazard in range of 3 seasons.

Good and surprising thing about this fact is that we still win trophies,domestic one ofcourse but like you said,we can't smell europe in that way,PSG,Madrid and City will just be superior,specially when you have two games in knockaut phases...

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Mana said:

City? Lol. They may have a bottomless pit of cash, but they only won 2 PLs in the last decade. They only reached 1 CL semi-final in their entire history.

City have a long way to go, before they can consider themselves juggernauts compared to Madrid, Barca...even arguably PSG. Not every world class player wants to go to City because of money. We are certainly a bigger club than City, in terms of history and trophies.

No doubt that we are bigger club than City but just look their transfer activities past 3,4 years and then compare it to ours. Manchester City and Manchester United have far more world class players than we have. I don't know why is that and I can only guess that they go to City because they feel project that is making in that club. We could argue whether is Guardiola good manager or whether is Sterling and De Bruyne better players than Willian and Pedro but the fact is that they constantly upgrade their squad,from window to window. We can't know where would for example Sterling go if Chelsea wanted him,money or better club but fact is that we don't spend anymore like before and that has to reflect somewhere specially with such a huge and strong competition we have in league,not to mention Champions league

1 hour ago, Chelsea4 said:

What is this even? Because have a different opinion you tell me i haven't watched more than 5 games of Chelsea? I'm a Chelsea fan you clown.

Read that again.

20 minutes ago, LegenTerry said:

No doubt that we are bigger club than City but just look their transfer activities past 3,4 years and then compare it to ours. Manchester City and Manchester United have far more world class players than we have. I don't know why is that and I can only guess that they go to City because they feel project that is making in that club. We could argue whether is Guardiola good manager or whether is Sterling and De Bruyne better players than Willian and Pedro but the fact is that they constantly upgrade their squad,from window to window. We can't know where would for example Sterling go if Chelsea wanted him,money or better club but fact is that we don't spend anymore like before and that has to reflect somewhere specially with such a huge and strong competition we have in league,not to mention Champions league

The Manchester clubs have their own big stadiums and both are not planning to renovate their stadiums for years. However, we are. In a few years time, we will have our new stadium fully built.

We are heading towards a difficult period, where you see clubs like Arsenal (at the time) and even Spuds can't get the players they want, because their money is pumped going in to their new stadiums. Until our new stadium is built and fully paid off, we are going to have trouble paying £100million per player.

Also let's not forget the issues Roman has lately, having to pay his ex-wife millions of pounds.

3 hours ago, LegenTerry said:

No doubt that we are bigger club than City but just look their transfer activities past 3,4 years and then compare it to ours. Manchester City and Manchester United have far more world class players than we have.

A lot of good this has done for them, hasn't it? With both Manc clubs failing so miserably for so long now we can make a case against those so-called world class players being world class.

13 hours ago, manpe said:

A lot of good this has done for them, hasn't it? With both Manc clubs failing so miserably for so long now we can make a case against those so-called world class players being world class.

Not directly speaking to you, but maybe a few of you who have mentioned City/United and their latest transfer policies I guess. 

I think the difference at the moment is, we have always tried to be quite dynamic and pragmatic ever since we got money coming into the club. City has been quite the opposite in my opinion. They tried to be the glamour club, and they brought in the glamour manager now, who is quite deadset in his ways. Though eventually, you keep stock piling talent, it catches up to the more sensible, business like approach. United were very much like that under SAF. Things changed a bit for them, and they really have gone the City route. But they too are stock piling all this talent... There is no way, you look at the teams and say we are more talented than either one of their teams. I personally think Tottenham has a better starting 11 just as far as talent goes. Our culture and approach on the field and tactically has been a good staple for us, and allowed us to stay on top even without the talent. 

If we just gave it a bit more of a push, I think we'd be back to that level where we are consistently reaching the semis or very far in the UCL. 2 world class signings would do wonders for us, and someone like an Oxlade Chamberlain. Stuff like missing out on Sanches, Rodriguez, Aurier, etc. All could have been had for decent money, and all would make a difference. 

I definitely think there has been a change of ambitions within the board/Roman. I don't think there is that ambition to be the best club in the world anymore. Maybe somewhat understandable as we might not have as much money, but I think if we really push, we could be right there. 

• Like 1
On 23.08.2017 г. at 0:47 PM, Chelsea4 said:

Obviously i prefer Tuchel. I want to see a Chelsea team play attractive football and not park the bus againts Tottenham.

On 21.08.2017 г. at 0:47 AM, Chelsea4 said:

ANTONIO ANTONIO ANTONIO

DHsIzedXkAUe-RQ.thumb.jpg.a7c0755144ffad829543d4a7669cc94f.jpg

• Like 2
On 24/08/2017 at 0:31 PM, Special Juan said:

I completely agree in principle, but would add a note of slight disagreement.

What you say here makes perfect sense to us. Not because we are football geniuses, although we are of course :) , but because it's a statement of the obvious. It's obvious to you, it's obvious to me, and it's obvious to every member of the board. I know some views expressed around here make it sound like Chelsea's executives can't tie their own shoe laces, but no one can really believe that. These people can't, on average, be any less bright than the average poster here. Yet, they have not been able to do what obviously needs to be done. There has to be a reason for it.

If there were an unlimited budget available, if the owner was willing to spend it, if we could attract all the players we wanted, and if the money could persuade their clubs to sell, then why wouldn't the board just hoover up all the quality and the trophies that go with it? Clearly there are limitations on the budget, on the willingness of other clubs to sell to us, and on the attractiveness of our club to players of the highest calibre. For example, according to a 2016 story, Ousmane Dembele's agent says his client turned us down in summer 2015. He said that Dembele's dream was to play for Barcelona and that he saw Dortmund as the perfect place to develop. I've been dreaming of our club signing this player since I first became aware of him a little before Christmas 2015 but the board has to deal in realities, not dreams.

These days, I'm dreaming of Chelsea signing another Dembele. This one plays for Celtic. He's only 14 but he looks to me to be a very special player in the making. If that assessment is right, Barca will want him too and I'll be left to dream on once more. The world in which Chelsea operate is real, not ideal.

• Like 1
On 23/08/2017 at 10:47 AM, Chelsea4 said:

Obviously i prefer Tuchel. I want to see a Chelsea team play attractive football and not park the bus againts Tottenham.

You seem to me to believe in fairy dust. Look what happened when Andre Villas Boas tried to play the right kind of football with a squad that lacked the talent to do it, and look what happened when Robbie Di Matteo adopted the pragmatic approach required to cover up that squad's deficiencies.

You are not alone, we all want to see our team play that football, but we live in a world where Joseph Heller's paradox bites. Any fool can set up to play the way you, me, and millions of others would like us to, but Chelsea can't hope to win playing like that. We don't have the players to do it, and we can't attract those players because, among other reasons, we don't have a reputation for playing that way.

If those other reasons prevent this being a true catch twenty-two situation, it's probably not much less than a catch twenty-one and a half.

• Like 1