Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Conte Thread

Followers 4

1 hour ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:
On 29/06/2017 at 10:03 AM, manpe said:

I don't know if it's just me but I can't see anything in your post or in my quote.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, I am a Juventus italian fan and maybe I can help you to understand which kind of coach Conte is...(sorry for my english, I hope you will understand) When he arrived in Juventus, he fo

I think the fact that we stuck to our principles, pressing them high up the pitch in spurts throughout the game and more importantly, passing out from the back, even with a few mistakes (note - it goe

Posted Images

Only able to pay for rudgier? And just get caballero on free transfer? 

Yeah cheap board that is low balling again. 

Same summer like last. 

At this rate Conte will just walk away before the end of the year. 

• Like 1

We have been linked with everyone this summer but it seems once again we cannot close the deals. Every time we win the league, we don't buy players and next season we are in big big trouble. I won't be surprised if it happens again and Conte is sacked or he leaves. Really wanted to see most of new signing starting pre season together but it looks like only huge signing Willy will be with us. Well done Chelsea board again.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

with this market conte will leave right now 

Yeah pretty much it. 

You can't keep doing the same thing every season. 

After the Arsenal game they should have started working on transfer like city did. And after July 1st the best we could do was a free transfer..... 

51 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

Really wanted to see most of new signing starting pre season together but it looks like only huge signing Willy will be with us.

I'm pretty sure that at least Bakayoko and Rüdiger will join Willy on the tour.

14 minutes ago, manpe said:

I'm pretty sure that at least Bakayoko and Rüdiger will join Willy on the tour.

They will but the question how if they will make us much stronger.

They will but the question how if they will make us much stronger.

We won't know that before the season starts will we? Relax.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Just when i thought the bar couldn't be raised for ignorance and kneejerk reaction's i come in this thread and the Sandro one, fucking hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Tautvix said:

We have been linked with everyone this summer but it seems once again we cannot close the deals. Every time we win the league, we don't buy players and next season we are in big big trouble. I won't be surprised if it happens again and Conte is sacked or he leaves. Really wanted to see most of new signing starting pre season together but it looks like only huge signing Willy will be with us. Well done Chelsea board again.

The 2nd year under Carlo we offloaded 5 senior squad player (Belletti the kind, deco, ballack ext), same thing last year. They just don't learn...

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

Yeah pretty much it. 

You can't keep doing the same thing every season. 

After the Arsenal game they should have started working on transfer like city did. And after July 1st the best we could do was a free transfer..... 

So if the City board are such genius negotiator's why aren't Mendy and Walker at the club yet?

It's certainly better to leave on top, than fail in the future due to lack of backing from the board, then get the blame put on your shoulders for not making sweet lemonade out of stale lemons.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Georgy said:

I hope Conte leaves if Sandro doesn't come it's obvious the board is penny pinching in this deal.

Another dedicated fan hoping for the worst for us.

Just now, manpe said:

Another dedicated fan hoping for the worst for us.

I'm not hoping for the worst but it will turn out bad either way. Some of you and board think Conte is some sort of magician who can turn bang average players to great players. He can't always do his magic if we continue to buy for him fringe players like Rudiger and Lukaku. 

1 minute ago, Georgy said:

I'm not hoping for the worst but it will turn out bad either way. Some of you and board think Conte is some sort of magician who can turn bang average players to great players. He can't always do his magic if we continue to buy for him fringe players like Rudiger and Lukaku. 

You don't know what the board think. They might just have shit negotiators or our finances aren't as good as people think, but everything we've heard and read so far indicates that they are ambitious and are trying to bring in top targets. It doesn't always work out, but we still have 2 months to improve our squad. You are also writing off players because of their names before having seen them play for us, that is a mistake. If Conte does really leave mid-summer, then he's a cheque book manager and a quitter, and also the board are a bunch of wankers then, but until any of this happens there is no point in panicking.

8 minutes ago, manpe said:

You don't know what the board think. They might just have shit negotiators or our finances aren't as good as people think, but everything we've heard and read so far indicates that they are ambitious and are trying to bring in top targets. It doesn't always work out, but we still have 2 months to improve our squad. You are also writing off players because of their names before having seen them play for us, that is a mistake. If Conte does really leave mid-summer, then he's a cheque book manager and a quitter, and also the board are a bunch of wankers then, but until any of this happens there is no point in panicking.

It has never happened since Cesc. We failed with every possible first target and Sandro might continue the trend. Since when is Conte a cheque book manager if he leaves, the guy came here stood his ground even after we failed with all our 1st targets last summer and got the title. He deserves every bit of respect even if he decides to leave right now. I've heard about the board so called ambitions in the last month and nothing happened, Conte not signing the extension pretty much confirms he is waiting on the board to see what happens with his targets.

As for the last part it's been said the same ever since the FA Cup and from then to now we got Willy and a guy like Rudiger who isn't even a first target for Conte, yes I don't believe Conte waited an entire month before signing Rudiger he probably had someone else in mind but the board fucked up again.

With each passing day this summer transfer looks more and more blank, we still have 2 months but the tour will start this month and we haven't even signed 1/4 of the number of position we need to strengthen.

Georgey is sounding suspiciously similar to that Gullit guy who was here last summer who did nothing but whine for the sake of it.