The Conte Thread

Chelsea is very different from Conte's Juventus

1 There is no Bonucci (a defenseman that can make long pass like a top midfilder)

2 There is no Pirlo (one of the best midfilder in history)

I think that he will change his way to play. 

I will be very surprised if he doesn't buy a defenseman....and in Juventus he always wanted defensmen that can speak italian, so he can easily speak  with them...I think he will try to buy a defenseman that plays (or played) in Serie A 

34 minutes ago, Italian fan said:

Chelsea is very different from Conte's Juventus

1 There is no Bonucci (a defenseman that can make long pass like a top midfilder)

2 There is no Pirlo (one of the best midfilder in history)

I think that he will change his way to play. 

I will be very surprised if he doesn't buy a defenseman....and in Juventus he always wanted defensmen that can speak italian, so he can easily speak  with them...I think he will try to buy a defenseman that plays (or played) in Serie A 

He's probably going to go with a 4-4-2 (4-2-4) We (Chelsea) have players most suited to that system, and he recently used it with the national team as well.
As you say, a 3-5-2/3-4-3 are not the most practical way to go as we (Chelsea) don't have any top defender at our disposal.

1 hour ago, Italian fan said:

but I know one thing (like all the italians): the first thing to do is to fix the defence...

This made my day :D well said.
Welcome to the forum.

47 minutes ago, Italian fan said:

We're linked with Manolas and Rudiger these days, but frankly I'd prefer the club to transfer any other defender and put him on Italian lessons, rather than buy one of Manolas or Rudiger...

Bonucci is the only Italian defender I'd take here, but Juve will not sell unfortunately :(

1 hour ago, petre.ispirescu said:

We're linked with Manolas and Rudiger these days, but frankly I'd prefer the club to transfer any other defender and put him on Italian lessons, rather than buy one of Manolas or Rudiger...

Bonucci is the only Italian defender I'd take here, but Juve will not sell unfortunately :(

Sincerely, I think Manolas is a great player and probably better than all the defensemen in the Premier League.... if I were you, I will hope to see Manolas with my colours.

Rudiger, however, isn't good...Bonucci will not come to Chelsea, he will end his career with our colours. :)

Another 2 things about season 2012-2013:

1 Conte prefers a center midfilder that can make both long and short passes....when there wasn't Pirlo, he tried there Pogba, because he tought that he can do this...than he noticed that it was not his place and so there played Marchisio

2 he loves players like Giaccherini...when Emanuele went away, Conte was very angry...he likes him because he understood the movements that Conte wants...the best example was yesterday against Scotland: perfect pass of Bonucci, nice move by Giaccherini that miss alone against the GK...

By James Porter-CONTE’S AWKWARD BALANCING ACT AT CHELSEA

The English Premier League season may have only just ended but, Euro 2016 aside, thoughts have already turned to the 2016-17 campaign.Next season will arguably be the most eagerly anticipated yet in the history of the Premier League, given the number of high-profile managers that will be on show, the vast sums of cash likely to be spent on player recruitment over the summer and, last but not least, with results last term having seriously shaken up the status quo among the top-flight elite.Manchester City are the current early market leaders for outright Premier League winner, but there are then five more teams all priced below 10/1 for the title.  Has there ever been a pre-season Premier League betting market where so many clubs are deemed to be in such close contention?Whatever your preferred betting platform, be it online, mobile, via Android betting apps or in a traditional bricks and mortar bookie, it will pay to watch the summer developments before getting too heavily involved in any pre-season punting.That ‘wait and see’ approach applies to Chelsea more than anyone.  After the disappointments of last season, there is sure to be a number of comings and goings at Stamford Bridge this summer.With Antonio Conte having the not inconsiderable distraction of the European Championships with Italy before he officially takes the reins at the Bridge on a full-time basis, his input over first half of the summer with regards to the new campaign could be somewhat limited.It’s clearly a delicate balancing act, as Conte knows that Chelsea need to be competing for a top-four finish as a bare minimum next season, but that there also needs to be greater opportunities for the vast array of young talent at the club, some of whom seem to have been perpetually farmed out on loan since first signing for the Blues.

Nobody is expecting a first team XI of teenagers, but Conte has to somehow find a balance between a team that can challenge for the top honours without closing the door to those coming through the ranks.

TalkChelsea.net

47 minutes ago, Italian fan said:

Season 2013 2014 (the last in Juventus)

To improve our results in CL, the club bought 2 top strikers: Carlitos Tevez and Fernando LLorente. Furthermore, arrived also Angelo Ogbonna (he played with us 2 season).

The tactic was always the same 3-5-2

Buffon

Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini

Lichtsteiner- Pogba -Pirlo- Vidal -Asamoah  (but Marchisio played many times)

Tevez-LLorente (at the beginning of the season played Vucinic with Tevez)

We were easily champions again, because the opponents couldn’t stop our new strikers: 102 points (record). We played some matches very well (like against Lazio in Juventus Stadium 4-1 (you should see the highlights, what a nice movements without the ball)), but that was not our best year: we were too strong, so we often we played very slowly, thus many matches were very boring (like Livorno-Juventus 0-2).

But the big delusion came from Europe…we went out against Galatasaray in the Group Stage of CL. In that situation, Conte received many critics: we played 4 horrible matches against Galatasaray and Copenaghen, because we were very slow to move the ball and very predictable…4 indecent matches…fortunately we received 2 penalties against Copenaghen in Torino, otherwise we will probably not defeat them.

But we played also 2 great matches against Real Madrid (2-1 in Madrid, 2-2 in Torino), with a different tactic: 4-3-3

Buffon

Caseres-Barzagli-Chiellini (in Torino Bonucci)-Ogbonna (in Torino Asamoah)

Vidal -Pirlo- Pogba

Marchisio -LLorente- Tevez

We deserved the victory in either the matches, but in Madrid Chiellini was expelled and in Torino we were very unluky….

Then, there was the Europa League…a tragedy…we knew that we were the best in that competition and we thought that we could win (the final was in Torino)…but we were defeated by Benfica…in that EL, we played 8 matches (2 Trabzonspor, 2 Fiorentina, 2 Lione and 2 Benfica), but only 1 good match (the second against Trabzonspor). If you want to see a terrible match, you should see the first against Lione (the most horrible Juventus’match I have ever seen).

That was the end of Conte’s adventure in Juventus…a fantastic Scudetto, but the delusion of Europe that was huge…

I hope that now you know Conte a little better….

CIAO

This shows he was very good in the league, but was poor in Europe without the wingers he wanted at Juve 

19 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

This shows he was very good in the league, but was poor in Europe without the wingers he wanted at Juve 

The problem was that he hadn't a man that could dribble, that could make a decisive dribbling...we hadn't a man like that, the midfilders were raiders (I think this is the word, in Italian is "incursori",men that run without the ball in the space)and Tevez didn't make many dribbling....so we musted score with the long passes and the movements of Vidal, Pogba and Marchisio..for this reason Conte wanted Cuadrado, that can dribble the opponent and create numerical superiority...

56 minutes ago, Italian fan said:

The problem was that he hadn't a man that could dribble, that could make a decisive dribbling...we hadn't a man like that, the midfilders were raiders (I think this is the word, in Italian is "incursori",men that run without the ball in the space)and Tevez didn't make many dribbling....so we musted score with the long passes and the movements of Vidal, Pogba and Marchisio..for this reason Conte wanted Cuadrado, that can dribble the opponent and create numerical superiority...

Heard he left Juventus because he felt that 3-5-2 is not the best tactic for playing in Champions League and Conte wanted to switch to 4-3-3, but in order to do that he needed two top wingers (Alexis Sanchez and one of Cuadrado/Candreva/Nani). But Juve did not want to spend much money that summer, hence he resigned. Is it true?

6 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Heard he left Juventus because he felt that 3-5-2 is not the best tactic for playing in Champions League and Conte wanted to switch to 4-3-3, but in order to do that he needed two top wingers (Alexis Sanchez and one of Cuadrado/Candreva/Nani). But Juve did not want to spend much money that summer, hence he resigned. Is it true?

Sincerely, there were many problems between Conte and the leadership of the club...probably after the game with Benfica there was a big wrangle...I don't think that the money were the problem...thus in that summer we bought Morata (rumors said that he was a Conte's specific request)...probably he went away from Juve because he had problems with the managers (in particular Marotta)...

18 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Obviously Juve couldn't not spend much money like the top club (today the situation is different), but I don't think that money were at the centre of the problem...though he said (after the match with Bayern in 2012-2013): "Non si può mangiare in un ristorante da 100 euro con 10 euro" (you can't eat in a 100 euro's restaurant with 10 euro)...both fans and management remembered that words and I think that game was the beginning of the end of the experience of Conte in Juve...furthermore also in 2013' summer there were words about a possible resignement...

5 hours ago, Italian fan said:

Season 2013 2014 (the last in Juventus)

To improve our results in CL, the club bought 2 top strikers: Carlitos Tevez and Fernando LLorente. Furthermore, arrived also Angelo Ogbonna (he played with us 2 season).

The tactic was always the same 3-5-2

Buffon

Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini

Lichtsteiner- Pogba -Pirlo- Vidal -Asamoah  (but Marchisio played many times)

Tevez-LLorente (at the beginning of the season played Vucinic with Tevez)

We were easily champions again, because the opponents couldn’t stop our new strikers: 102 points (record). We played some matches very well (like against Lazio in Juventus Stadium 4-1 (you should see the highlights, what a nice movements without the ball)), but that was not our best year: we were too strong, so we often we played very slowly, thus many matches were very boring (like Livorno-Juventus 0-2).

But the big delusion came from Europe…we went out against Galatasaray in the Group Stage of CL. In that situation, Conte received many critics: we played 4 horrible matches against Galatasaray and Copenaghen, because we were very slow to move the ball and very predictable…4 indecent matches…fortunately we received 2 penalties against Copenaghen in Torino, otherwise we will probably not defeat them.

But we played also 2 great matches against Real Madrid (2-1 in Madrid, 2-2 in Torino), with a different tactic: 4-3-3

Buffon

Caseres-Barzagli-Chiellini (in Torino Bonucci)-Ogbonna (in Torino Asamoah)

Vidal -Pirlo- Pogba

Marchisio -LLorente- Tevez

We deserved the victory in either the matches, but in Madrid Chiellini was expelled and in Torino we were very unluky….

Then, there was the Europa League…a tragedy…we knew that we were the best in that competition and we thought that we could win (the final was in Torino)…but we were defeated by Benfica…in that EL, we played 8 matches (2 Trabzonspor, 2 Fiorentina, 2 Lione and 2 Benfica), but only 1 good match (the second against Trabzonspor). If you want to see a terrible match, you should see the first against Lione (the most horrible Juventus’match I have ever seen).

That was the end of Conte’s adventure in Juventus…a fantastic Scudetto, but the delusion of Europe that was huge…

I hope that now you know Conte a little better….

CIAO

If you allow me I read a lot of exaggerations in your post.The third title was not easy roma made us work hard and is the reason why we reached the end of the season out of shape and with Vidal injured.With Copenhagen the problem was not having scored wasting more than 20 occasions .The best team is the one that wins on the field as any Juventus fan knows and not the one who thinks is stronger ;) Benfica at that time of the season was simply stronger than us and certainly much more smart did not steal anything.Speaking of disappointment in Europe in the two years of Conte is an exaggeration the group simply could not do more against Bayern in the first year and second year we missed a couple of games in CL for various reasons.One thing is to play with Morata, Dybala, Evra, Cuadrado, etc .. one thing to introduce you to the home of Bayern with Quagliarella,Matri,De Ceglie.We can speak of failure in Europe with the "second" Lippi and Capello certainly not under the guidance of Conte.