The Conte Thread

Just now, Pizy said:

Let's hope (pray) he's able to personally convince Bonucci to make the move to Chelsea. He's the only type of CB you can buy that'll instantly improve our back 4. No more cheap penny pinching and looking for deals. Pay what it takes and get a proper JT successor.

Time to buy a few Proper (Expensive) Players.

CB,ST,RW,MC and maybe a LB.

Keep the faith lads! The season will most likely be won (or lost) come summer, and even if we disappoint in attaining the proper players, Conte will have full weeks to train with the team. 

For some reason, I've been very optimistic that things will be much much better next season. And I don't expect Ivan, JT, Oscar and one of Matic/Mikel to be crucial members of the team come August. There's no way more than 4 players are permanently leaving our Stating XI next season, so just need suitable replacements/challengers to be brought in to push everybody to their max. 

But just for the record, there is no doubt Conte and all of Roman's cronies got their work cut out for them this summer. Let's see how it goes.  

14 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I can't cannot get excited by this bloke arriving considering the amount of change that is needed for him to even succeed. 

Forget succeed, to compete! 

We need to change half our team just to to think about finishing in the top 4. 

51 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I can't cannot get excited by this bloke arriving considering the amount of change that is needed for him to even succeed. 

Following these last few months, I feel this club has been damaged so severely, that if you take into account the inspiration given by Leicester's title success, it's going to take presumably a lot more than a season to re-build our side to attain future positive fortunes. 

Some of you may have an opposite opinion, but 6th place is a possible improvement on next season, then after that possibly a top four finish. If we can squeeze in a cheeky Carling Cup/FA Cup win somewhere in between, I'd call that improvement, but we'd still have a long way to go!

This group (bar a couple), is simply stale, fruitless, and uninspiring to watch! I'm in two minds on whether to even get myself to watch the Liverpool game in mid-week because I know what's coming! 

But as loyal supporters.. you live with the club, and die with the club. Sounds like a contradiction, but it's the truth!

4 hours ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

Poor guy leave his national team job to work which a bunch of turds. Finishing in the top 10 next year will be a marvel.

Your crystal ball tell you that story... If you got the numbers of the next lottery gives me please.

crystal.PNG

Really don't care about the names he brings, if he wants to sign the entire Serie A then so be it. The only thing I would like to see is a change in formation. 4-4-2, 3-5-2, don't care, just go for something new. Reshape that trainwreck of a defensive line with some modern, ball playing defenders and add some fight and dynamism to that midfield. Cesc should be the only midfielder to be in the squad come August, the rest of them should be shown the door (not talking about Willian as I think Conte will play him on the flank).

If Terry is going to leave, then the same should go for Cahill and Ivanovic, too. We're not playing any European competition so the English quota for the EPL season should be meet with young, hungry players from the Academy. 

This is a turning point for this club and if the board really want a change then now it's the perfect time to do it and back Conte. No more useless signings behind the manager's back, leave this guy do his thing and get the job early in the market. If Conte wants to chop this squad in half then let him do it, no more Oscar because he is the media darling and marketable in Brazil, or Gary Cahill just because he is English. There is A LOT of players not good enough for this club and this games should be the last for them in the Chelsea royal blue shirt. 

Opinions:CONTE VS GUARDIOLA VS MOURINHO- WHO IS THE BEST MANAGER? WHO WILL ACHIEVE SUCCESS NEXT SEASON?

Conte, our new manager will be in for a tough ride next season with all the new ‘heavy-weight’ managers joining the top teams in the league. Two of these top managers he may well be against are Guardiola (Manchester City) and Mourinho (Possibly Manchester United). Will Conte be able to compete with these two successful managers?

What do the stats say?

Conte:

54.9%-win rate
28%- draw rate
17.1%- loss rate

Guardiola:

74.1%- win rate
19.7%- draw rate
14.9%- loss rate
Mourinho:

65.4%- win rate
15.6%- draw rate
10.4%- loss rate
As we can see above the managers that Conte might be taking on next season have very impressive stats, even more than his. Although compared to the other two managers Conte has a better ratio of draws: losses which could be to his benefit next season as he will be able to grind out a point in some tough games while the other two managers will struggle to keep a score level.

Who’s won what?

Conte:

Serie A x3
Italian Super Cup x2
Guardiola:

La Liga x3
The Bundesliga x2(probably 3 very soon)
Copa Del Ray x2
DFB-Polka (German Cup) x1
Champions League x2
UEFA Super cup x3
Mourinho:

Primeira Liga x2
Portuguese Cup x1
UEFA cup x1
Champions League x2
Portuguese Super Cup x1
Premier League x3
FA cup x1
League Cup x3
Serie A x2
Italian Cup x1
Spanish cup x1
La Liga x1
It’s well known that Guardiola and Mourinho have won more trophies than Conte, although it has been hard for Conte with the teams that he has managed- his first managerial roles were at Atalanta, Arezzo, Siena and Bari who were all fighting relegation at the time or trying to secure promotion. While arguably Mourinho and Guardiola have had an easy ride by starting out at the top and then progressing from there. Chelsea will be Conte’s second ‘top team’ which is beneficial for Chelsea as he will be hungry for more Trophies.

What do the players say?

Conte:

“I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve said: ‘Hell, Conte said something really spot on again today.”- Andrea Pirlo

“I think he’s already on the same level [as Sir Alex Ferguson]. He’s not lacking anything. He shows that in every game and in every competition he’s involved in. He’s a top, top coach.”- Carlos Tevez

“I’ve learnt a lot by spending time with him and from a tactical point of view he’s the best manager I’ve ever had. I don’t feel any pressure. I like pressure. When you’re with the national team every match is an exam. I know what the boss wants from me.”- Marco Verrati

Guardiola:

“Pep immediately transmitted an enormous amount of pride in our work, ambition and hunger.”- Lionel Messi

“Tactically he is maybe the best. And I don’t say that just because he is our coach at the moment.”- Arjen Robben

“That would make it that bit harder for all the other teams in the Premier League”-  Jürgen Klopp on Pep coming to the BPL

Mourinho:

“Mourinho is arrogant and selfish, and likes to assert his dominance,”- David Suazo

“I answered back and then he answered me again. But later we had to deal with it. “- Ricardo Carvalho

Conte and Guardiola obviously have a huge amount of respect from their current players and former players while Mourinho has often upset many of his former players. Hopefully the current team, who were all coached by Mourinho, will be able to adapt to Conte’s Philosophy after a tough half-season under Mourinho.

Conte seems to be admired by the players that he has coached  – this bodes well for Chelsea next season as there have been hardly any bad words about him. Although Conte will have competition from another highly respected manager – Guardiola – this could be a problem for Chelsea next season because no matter how well they play they will be competing with arguably the best manager in world football.

Is Conte better at creating World Class players?

Conte:

Paul Pogba – Conte was very eager to sign Pogba as soon as he became the manager of Juventus and now everyone can see why! He took the young Frenchman from United and created a world class midfielder. This is the type of transformation that will be essential at Chelsea next season- many young players are eager to break into the first team at Chelsea and Conte can be the man to develop them.

Guardiola:

Lionel Messi – Before Guardiola came to Barcelona Messi was just a young player trying to make an impression but by the time Guardiola had left Messi had become one of the best players in History. Messi praised Pep for the heart he puts into his team- Conte may find it hard to compete against someone who has created the best player on Earth.

Mourinho:

Frank Lampard – Mourinho turned Lampard into a good player into one of the greatest midfielders in Europe. Mourinho, who may be at United next season, will have the chance to develop a lot of average midfielders into great ones. Conte will need to adapt to his managerial level. Although Mourinho is not known for creating promising young players while Conte has been known to do this.

So can Conte compete with these managers?

Simply, yes. Conte has experience at all levels, not just top levels, and this could be one of the main reasons he is successful next season. Mourinho, who potentially will be at Old Trafford may struggle to take United back into BPL contention – while nobody knows right now if Guardiola will be able to be successful in a faster, more physical league, this could be Guardiola’s biggest challenge yet; while Conte has often been in a hard situation in his previous jobs!

TalkChelsea.net

" Conte had wanted at least three other additions to Chelsea's technical staff. The appointments of Massimo Carrera and Mauro Sandreani – two training-ground coaches who have proved central to implementing Conte's demanding physical and tactical preparations with Juventus and Italy – have been blocked by the club, with their new manager told that he must work with existing staff instead. "

http://www.oneworldsports.com/stories/conte-chelsea-disagreeing-technical-team

23 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

" Conte had wanted at least three other additions to Chelsea's technical staff. The appointments of Massimo Carrera and Mauro Sandreani – two training-ground coaches who have proved central to implementing Conte's demanding physical and tactical preparations with Juventus and Italy – have been blocked by the club, with their new manager told that he must work with existing staff instead. "

http://www.oneworldsports.com/stories/conte-chelsea-disagreeing-technical-team

I believe I have read somewhere before, that Conte has agreed to work with Lollichon as a GK coach. Actually, Conte should have negotiate all of this 'staff stuff', before he signed that contract. This is now become classic problems for every new manager.

Well, for Courtois case though, it is impossible to identified the problem until Conte meet in person with Courtois himself. This could be done until after Conte signed the contract, and Courtois could not crying for it until after Conte appointed. This is a special case. It seems this is the same problem that Jose facing earlier this season also, along with Eva one.

16 hours ago, Captain Ahmed said:

Opinions:CONTE VS GUARDIOLA VS MOURINHO- WHO IS THE BEST MANAGER? WHO WILL ACHIEVE SUCCESS NEXT SEASON?

Those ratios are a bit misleading, Conte spent 5 years managing lower sides before his break with Juve.

For a more accurate comparison, we should remove Antonio's ratios at the lesser clubs, and Jose's at Uniao Liera for that matter.

personally, I am very glad we didn't get Guardiola. More Team Tippy-Tappy is probably the opposite of me enjoying Drogba, Inzaghi, vanNistelrooy, Ibrahimovic, etc. play. I want to see a CF shine in the air and on the ground.  Also, I think Bayern were more dangerous with Heynkes as manager.

It's true that Mourinho could have done better with a better squad, but, again, I think Jose imposes a very narrow way of playing upon the team, so I'm happy that the Mourinho time came to an end. It's better that we have an Italian now, who hopefully develops flexibility and is brave in the Premier League instead of rationalizing himself into a corner.

I really hope he plays with two strikers. Two strikers was looked down upon recently as the game changed but now it's definitely made its return and I think we could implement it properly. Higuain and Costa would kill it. Maybe something like:

------Costa----Higuain-----

Hazard------------------Willian

---Fabregas---Nainggolan----

NEW--BACK--FOUR--PLEASE

----------Courtois-----------

Exclusive: John Terry meets with Antonio Conte twice to discuss Chelsea future

JOHN TERRY has had two meetings with new Chelsea manager Antonio Conte - but has still failed to get any assurances on his future.

Terry has already received a two-year £30million contract offer from Chinese Super League club Shanghai SIPG, who are managed by former England boss Sven Goran Eriksson.

And the 35-year-old is now actively looking for a new club after being told by Italy coach Conte, who takes over at Stamford Bridge after the European Championships, that any decision on his future will be up to the Chelsea board.

It is as clear an indication as any that the former England captain is not in Conte’s plans for next season - with Terry out of contract at the end of this campaign, and still not having been offered a new deal by the board.

In fact the board have been saying all along that Terry’s future is up to the new manager.

express.co.uk