The Conte Thread

With the Italians coaches that we had in our history,I remark that we experienced succed with them (Vialli,Ranieri,Ancelotti,Di Matteo).Good luck for Antonio Conte.

After Mourinho was sacked for the club’s dismal performance at the beginning of this season, Guus Hiddink was put in charge as the interim manager until a permanent replacement was found. The Chelsea job will mark Conte’s move back to club management after becoming Italy’s National Team manager in 2014.

With Leicester in dreamland, sure fire investment from both Manchester clubs and Spurs seemingly a top team for the future, what impact will Conte have on next seasons Premier League odds.

Conte’s Previous Record Suits Him For The Role

Conte is claimed to have been missing club management during his international assignments. More importantly, it has been often said that he is a great admirer of the Premier League, which would make Chelsea the ideal place for him as he takes the next step in his career. Previously, he has led Juventus to 3 Serie A wins as manager – success that it is hoped will be bettered here.

In many ways, Conte checks out as a manager who could once again help Chelsea conquer the Premier League, when considering that his past performances have been consistently impressive. In his current role, he has managed to go for 18 months with just three losses to date, and his impressive records as player and manager at Juventus also gives him a wealth of credibility.

The Challenges He Will Find At Chelsea

Even so, his work is clearly cut out for him as he has aims to tackle the many problems at Chelsea, which may include finding new key players and inspiring some of the current players get back to their best form. For instance, John Terry’s contract is expiring at the end of the season and since the club has made no indication that it wants to renew it, Conte might end up having to find another defence powerhouse.

However, he may also wish to look to his academy players and hand them debuts – particularly when you consider that there has been no academy player that has made the breakthrough to become a first team regular under Abramovich’s reign. Additionally, Conte will have to deal with other major issues off the pitch too, as he’ll need a steady head to cope with the heavy expectations placed on him as manager from both the fans and owner.

The Towering Expectations of Abramovich – and the Chelsea faithful

Roman Abramovich has never concealed the fact that he expects nothing but record-breaking performances from his managers, which clearly explains why the club, through Conte, will be bringing in its 12th manager in 13 years. If Conte is unsuccessful in helping the former football giant redeem itself from this seasons embarrassments, he may soon find himself giving way to another replacement.

To this end, Conte will be well advised to stay in Abramovich’s favour, especially because he will have to retain part of the backroom staff. However, this is against his own intentions of bringing with him his own team when he assumes the mantle as the club’s manager, but as has been seen before Abramovich is not always the type to compromise.

Does he have what it takes?

Conte is both meticulous and resourceful, and like Mourinho, who led Chelsea to some of its greatest glories in its history, Conte’s style of leadership is just as uncompromising as Abramovich’s. Conte is well-known to leave nothing to chance, refuses to defend his players from external criticisms is also not known to suffer with kindness players that don’t follow his lead when it comes to tactical matters. Not surprisingly, some of these managerial traits he shares with his Portuguese predecessor, though all Chelsea fans will be hoping that he’s the new man to bring them success.

All in all, Conte has been known to achieve great things with very little to work with, which is how he rose from a relatively unknown player to become the outspoken captain of a leading Serie A club.

To summarise, though it can be said that he has all the technical mastery to get the job done, whether or not the conditions he will find at Chelsea will allow it is another issue entirely. However, it’s claimed that if anyone has the acumen to help the sleeping giant claims its former Premier League glory, it’s Conte.

TalkChelsea.net

18 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Verratti and Marchisio out of euro, I hear alot of italy supporters saying that they are doomed because Conte has no clue about rotation and altering teams...

Nonsense, I ought to think Conte is smart enough to get us out of the group stage and maybe, with luck, to the quarter final, even without them. He has tinkered a lot with formations and lineups, i'm sure he already has an idea on how to contain their absences.

1 minute ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Nonsense, I ought to think Conte is smart enough to get us out of the group stage and maybe, with luck, to the quarter final, even without them. He has tinkered a lot with formations and lineups, i'm sure he already has an idea on how to contain their absences.

Well I cant say from experience because I only saw Italy few times, but a lot of fans say he will play the likes of Parolo and Montolivo who should have no place in first 11 haha and meanwhile he overlooked Insigne and Bonaventura who should play more.

8 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Well I cant say from experience because I only saw Italy few times, but a lot of fans say he will play the likes of Parolo and Montolivo who should have no place in first 11 haha and meanwhile he overlooked Insigne and Bonaventura who should play more.

Insigne played the last two friendlies, Bonaventura couldn't because of sickness, but trained with the team. Parolo is solid-ish, and yes Montolivo should be nowhere near a national team shirt :) 8 times out of 10 Conte can get it right so far for me.

4 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Insigne played the last two friendlies, Bonaventura couldn't because of sickness, but trained with the team. Parolo is solid-ish, and yes Montolivo should be nowhere near a national team shirt :) 8 times out of 10 Conte can get it right so far for me.

Ok I'll go with your word, we will se how they do in euros :)

27 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

And it does seem no manager wants to take a gamble because of the pressure that they'll be if it doesnt pay off.Hiddink should've as no pressure but hey.

Got a huge huge huge job to do!

Absolutely spot on!! Maybe managers should be given a two-three year insurance otherwise it can really get disadvantageous for the youth especially in the premier league

Let's hope (pray) he's able to personally convince Bonucci to make the move to Chelsea. He's the only type of CB you can buy that'll instantly improve our back 4. No more cheap penny pinching and looking for deals. Pay what it takes and get a proper JT successor.