Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Conte Thread

Followers 4

I'm just gonna say that the WORD IS OUT ABOUT CHELSEA AROUND THE GLOBE. You mention Conte and Chelsea right now and you get stuff like: 

"It's like magic."

and, 

"He and Klopp have their sides running in 5th gear."

FFS, it is such a JOY for me to hear the same words in my own head resonate so loudly after a decade of underachievement at CFC. We WILL gain a larger global following with this kind of confidence and speed of play  --hopefully everyone stays healthy. Need more players in the next windows.

• Like 2
  • Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the fact that we stuck to our principles, pressing them high up the pitch in spurts throughout the game and more importantly, passing out from the back, even with a few mistakes (note - it goe

Hello, I am a Juventus italian fan and maybe I can help you to understand which kind of coach Conte is...(sorry for my english, I hope you will understand) When he arrived in Juventus, he fo

Posted Images

On 11/6/2016 at 6:58 AM, Cosmin said:

And dude, really, if you haven't been able to watch these games, I am very sorry for you. My advice would be to do the impossible if necessarry, in order to watch the next game :D  

Someone was saying that we still need reinforcements and I agree with him. I'd also like to add that, if we keep playing and winning like this, it will be much easier to attract players. They will beg their clubs to be allowed to sign for us. Who wouldn't want to play for such a strong and beautiful team with such a fantastic manager? 

Trust me I'm beating myself over it but 50+h weeks don't allow for much recreational time. Especially bitter since the Everton game is meant to have been our best football since early 2010.

Wonderful sum-up btw, thank you for it. I wonder though if there's some further context or nuancies missing from your #2. Was it as simple as a 180 by Conte following getting trashed by Arsenal (which could suggest things are not going as much according to whatever summer's "plan" was as I'd prefer, not that adaptability isn't important but still) That ESPN interview seems to suggest that's the case. Were there any key injuries adding to that decision?

6 hours ago, Kostas said:

Trust me I'm beating myself over it but 50+h weeks don't allow for much recreational time. Especially bitter since the Everton game is meant to have been our best football since early 2010.

Wonderful sum-up btw, thank you for it. I wonder though if there's some further context or nuancies missing from your #2. Was it as simple as a 180 by Conte following getting trashed by Arsenal (which could suggest things are not going as much according to whatever summer's "plan" was as I'd prefer, not that adaptability isn't important but still) That ESPN interview seems to suggest that's the case. Were there any key injuries adding to that decision?

Everton full match

Leicester

Southampton

This is the only Mounure vid I can see on Youtube I'm afraid but theres a Torrent of it you can download

• Like 1

I think Conte is starting to settle in his position, he knows which players he can rely on and he's got the best out of players like Hazard and Costa.

A couple of weeks back, I watched you guys destroy Leicester City with my lad (increasingly becoming a huge Chelsea fan), Hazard and Costa bossed the match, I think the majority of chances came through them and Hazard seems to have been revived to his best (perhaps even beyond that). There was rumours going around the media that Conte may have been on the verge of being sacked (before your run), with the treadmill linking Hazard with a move elsewhere - if I recall correctly I think one team was Bayern.

Once you can get a central partnership formed at the back, perhaps even replacing Terry (he still has a role to play) but what I mean is you need to find another player like him.

I've mentioned in the past, I'm not convinced Cahill is of the same mould but with the reports linking certain players to Stamford Bridge, it would seem Conte has a good grip on what is needed and what can drive the club forward.

• Like 4

With the WBs droppimg back it gives us a back 5 and it happens quite alot.

But what Ive liked alot about this formation is whenever one of the lads has the ball hes got at least 2 open targets to pass to, And he doesn't just hold the ball waiting its 2 touches at most - pass and move. So entertaining to watch. I so wish we could have a do over wirg those north Londoners,

On 9/25/2016 at 9:29 AM, Henrique said:

Really dont care that he says, actually there is on thing I care about what he said: "The pitch speaks the truth". Give us the solution on the pitch.

Fair to say he has found it?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Unionjack said:

With the WBs droppimg back it gives us a back 5 and it happens quite alot.

But what Ive liked alot about this formation is whenever one of the lads has the ball hes got at least 2 open targets to pass to, And he doesn't just hold the ball waiting its 2 touches at most - pass and move. So entertaining to watch. I so wish we could have a do over wirg those north Londoners,

Can't wait to see how we cope with Spurs and City when they press us high. If we maintain our calmness at the back with good passing we can exploit them big time ;)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jernej93 said:

Can't wait to see how we cope with Spurs and City when they press us high. If we maintain our calmness at the back with good passing we can exploit them big time ;)

I cant wait. Dieing for Spuds game

• Like 2
Just now, xPetrCechx said:

I'm going, for both games vs spuds :)

Bloody great mate. You staying a few weeks then eh! Shame youre noy here for Dippers and North Londoners next time round. Specially if the Don gets a interesting pick or 2 in Jan.

But nice you can see us playing good. Hoipefully tyhey put on a display for ya,

Is that what you were on about in that Msg I got?

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Captain Ahmed said:

Exam this afternoon on the subject of 3-4-3 in the Talk Chelsea School

To cut it short we weren't playing so good but now we are shit hot.

Shame it was made pre Everton.

I dont know the best place to post this but as its Contes doing.............

Really is a good read

Breaking down Chelsea’s corner and free kick routines

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/11/11/13599696/breaking-down-chelsea-s-corner-and-free-kick-routines

• Like 1