The Conte Thread

5 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

That Burnley performance was the most dominant game we've had since the Ancelotti era.

Off the top of my head 6-0 vs Arsenal under Jose, 5-0 vs Bolton under AVB, and something like 8-1 vs Villa under Benitez :P

But yeah, I know what you mean in general. It's very rare that we completely control match like we did against Burnley. 

I understand Barbara's point of view but what you suggest would send the wrong message to the team. Conte's philosophy is pretty plain and simple: we never start favoured, we win through maximum focus in every minute of every game.

If Conte changes starting defensive/offensive midfielders in regards to the opposing sides, it will have different impact on the players: opponents are good we must concentrate and not concede/ we are stronger we'll win because we are more technical. That's not how Conte works, he believes in win by concentration, motion and repetition therefore improvement of trained schemes. 

Of course he recognizes the tactical strenght of players who can often win their duels or the importance of good feet but that's not at all his coaching style: he wants solidity, he wants his players to be under pressure in every circumstance indifferently versus any team.

(As example, Pirlo not only was favoured by Marchisio, Vidal, Pogba, all with great defensive capabilities, but Pirlo himself was often the player with the most kilometers covered during games, so no tackles no running back but steady sense of position.) 

This is what brought Juventus league after league, one while being unbeated (23wins, 15 draws) and one setting the all-time points record (102), but it also was the main critique to Conte when Juventus dealt miserably with inferior teams in Champions league.

1 hour ago, CHOULO19 said:

Off the top of my head 6-0 vs Arsenal under Jose, 5-0 vs Bolton under AVB, and something like 8-1 vs Villa under Benitez :P

But yeah, I know what you mean in general. It's very rare that we completely control match like we did against Burnley. 

3-1 vs Manchester United. Eto'o Hattrick. We dominated that game.

On 8/8/2016 at 8:14 AM, Special Juan said:

Our main transfer window is in January a lot of the time anyway, you know trying to scramble like fuck after a shit summer transfer window.

I cannot see in 3 weeks the board bringing in the not just the amount of players needed but the correct areas too.

Let's wait until we play some of the better teams in the league. Burnley, Watford and West Ham are all poor teams imo. Matic, Ivanovic and Oscar will all struggle against United/City/Arsenal etc.

3 hours ago, nono said:

Let's wait until we play some of the better teams in the league. Burnley, Watford and West Ham are all poor teams imo. Matic, Ivanovic and Oscar will all struggle against United/City/Arsenal etc.

We always beat Arsenal so that is a no brainer. 

The first big game is against Liverpool and we shall see what these guys are capable of. 

44 minutes ago, Beigl said:

Would add that 0-5 away against Schalke to that list. Maybe our most dominant CL away game ever.

Never seen a better Chelsea performance than that one. From start to finish, complete dominance. Beautiful and crisp play as well.

8 minutes ago, Fernando said:

We always beat Arsenal so that is a no brainer. 

The first big game is against Liverpool and we shall see what these guys are capable of. 

Liverpool game will be interesting yeah. High energy. Unless Conte will deploy underdog tactics.

Conte: "I like it if my team plays with great aggression and high intensity. I like to see that" #CFC (GWL)
Conte: "We train to prepare for that because I want my team to have an identity" #CFC (GWL)
Conte: "I want it so that if you see us, you recognise 'Oh, Chelsea are playing'. That is important for me, for the club and the owner" #CFC
Conte: "Everywhere I have been I have worked at that. I always gave an identity to my teams." #CFC (GWL)
Conte: "I am searching to transfer this to my players now, and I am pleased because I see a great attitude" #CFC (GWL)

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

No shit you concede at one point because we dont have such great defense anyway.

True. In our case with our backline doing that would basically be the equivalent of offering yourself to get fucked in the arse. :D 

"Chelsea should clinch the signing of full-back Marcos Alonso before the transfer deadline but may have to cope without midfielder Marcelo Brozovic. Antonio Conte has been keen to recruit Brozovic but it looks set to be a complicated process to get him out of Inter Milan before the market closes on Wednesday. Chelsea are also searching for a central defender and are prepared to take one on loan as cover after failing to land any of their top targets."  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3765143/Chelsea-confident-signing-Fiorentina-s-Marcos-Alonso-miss-Inter-Milan-s-Marcelo-Brozovic.html

What the fuck happened to us? Fucking hell we had months. De ja vu for the board, it's really unacceptable. Complete and utter shambles. 

3 minutes ago, James said:

"Chelsea should clinch the signing of full-back Marcos Alonso before the transfer deadline but may have to cope without midfielder Marcelo Brozovic. Antonio Conte has been keen to recruit Brozovic but it looks set to be a complicated process to get him out of Inter Milan before the market closes on Wednesday. Chelsea are also searching for a central defender and are prepared to take one on loan as cover after failing to land any of their top targets."  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3765143/Chelsea-confident-signing-Fiorentina-s-Marcos-Alonso-miss-Inter-Milan-s-Marcelo-Brozovic.html

What the fuck happened to us? Fucking hell we had months. De ja vu for the board, it's really unacceptable. Complete and utter shambles. 

It really is embarrassing. Chelsea are one of the biggest, richest clubs in the world and we may have to resort to scrambling for a loan signing of of a CB on the final day of the transfer window. The one position we most needed heading into the summer. Shocking, really.

We also can't sign this dude from Inter when they supposedly don't even want him and are replacing him with a new signing? It's just comical. 

Something must be going on in regards to the new stadium. It's the only legitimate excuse as to why we aren't spending. But you know what would help fund a new stadium? Fucking CL football money and possibly winning the title! Both of which are monumental asks without more top class signings.

Our club may emerge from this summer looking like complete amateurs. Almost as bad as last summer.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

It really is embarrassing. Chelsea are one of the biggest, richest clubs in the world and we may have to resort to scrambling for a loan signing of of a CB on the final day of the transfer window. The one position we most needed heading into the summer. Shocking, really.

We also can't sign this dude from Inter when they supposedly don't even want him and are replacing him with a new signing? It's just comical. 

Something must be going on in regards to the new stadium. It's the only legitimate excuse as to why we aren't spending. But you know what would help fund a new stadium? Fucking CL football money and possibly winning the title! Both of which are monumental asks without more top class signings.

Our club may emerge from this summer looking like complete amateurs. Almost as bad as last summer.

The only time that realization will hit is after this window has gone, nobody else comes in and we get bad injuries and suspensions...you watch how threadbare we start to look.

28 mil for alonso when it is possible to buy de sciglio for 18-20..

incredible transfermarket..

caceres remains the only cb we can take in this moment (for maksimovic they want 30 mil ie three times his real value)