The Conte Thread

1 hour ago, Blue Gino said:

Conte: "I wasn't at Chelsea's training ground, I was working at the Federation." 

Matt Miazga: "It was great meeting Conte who introduced himself to us at training." 

I love this coach already.

Conte probably wanted to keep it as a secret.

Chelsea FC and Antonio Conte: The Way Forward Part One, Facing Facts

http://theprideoflondon.com/2016/04/08/chelsea-fc-and-antonio-conte-the-way-forward-part-one-facing-facts/

by Ejoh Celestine 23 hours ago

With Antonio Conte appointed as Chelsea FC’s next boss, join us as we take an extensive look at the mammoth task that awaits him at Stamford Bridge.

Welcome to the first part of a series in which we preview Antonio Conte’s reign as Chelsea FC boss. The Italian has much work to do over the summer and into next season as he looks to turn this failing club around. This article sets the background, as we face the facts that this poor campaign provides us.

21 hours ago, Blue Gino said:

Conte: "I wasn't at Chelsea's training ground, I was working at the Federation." 

Matt Miazga: "It was great meeting Conte who introduced himself to us at training." 

I love this coach already.

That's it. When Conte takeover, it will be the end of Miazga career in Chelsea, lol.

--------------------COURTOIS--------------------

-----Zouma----------terry----------stones-----

Cuadrado-----cesc---naingolan-----bale

----------------------willian---------------------

-------------Costa--------Higuain-------------

If I was Conte...

Courtois

Aurier - Zouma - Manolas - Azpilicueta

Fabregas - Kante - Nainggolan

Willian - Costa - Hazard

Kante would be hard to buy, but I think we could pull this off. Aurier is in a tough position at PSG after his recent comments and I think they'd sell. If we can't get Manolas get another proven young-ish CB.

3 hours ago, Melanicus said:

If I was Conte...

Courtois

Aurier - Zouma - Manolas - Azpilicueta

Fabregas - Kante - Nainggolan

Willian - Costa - Hazard

Kante would be hard to buy, but I think we could pull this off. Aurier is in a tough position at PSG after his recent comments and I think they'd sell. If we can't get Manolas get another proven young-ish CB.

Kante is not the answer for us.

He is better than we have currently and so would make our squad stronger but he would not contribute to making our squad great. If we cannot find, or cannot attract, a great player then Kante would serve as a stepping stone but we should not start the summer trying to buy an expensive stepping stone. We still have the ambition to be a great team not merely a good one.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Kante is not the answer for us.

He is better than we have currently and so would make our squad stronger but he would not contribute to making our squad great. If we cannot find, or cannot attract, a great player then Kante would serve as a stepping stone but we should not start the summer trying to buy an expensive stepping stone. We still have the ambition to be a great team not merely a good one.

I don't know what you're talking about. Kante is one of the best, if not the best, defensive midfielders in the world.

13 hours ago, Melanicus said:

I don't know what you're talking about. Kante is one of the best, if not the best, defensive midfielders in the world.

If you think that then it's clear that you do not know what I'm talking about, or at any rate that you do not share my impression of the player.

Kante falls into the category of footballer we have typically signed. The category which, once we bought enough of them, eventually brought us where we are now. Kante is a player with qualities rather than a player of quality. I say again, we are poor and Kante would improve us. My ambition however is that we sign a player who has Kante's qualities but who is better on the ball. That should be, and I hope is, Antonio's ambition too.

19 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

If i see that 3-5-2 formation mentioned one more time i'm going to have a stroke :P

Don't think people understand that Conte wanted to move away from 3-5-2 at Juve. Marrota and Juve were just too cheap to being the players Conte wanted.

5 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

If you think that then it's clear that you do not know what I'm talking about, or at any rate that you do not share my impression of the player.

Kante falls into the category of footballer we have typically signed. The category which, once we bought enough of them, eventually brought us where we are now. Kante is a player with qualities rather than a player of quality. I say again, we are poor and Kante would improve us. My ambition however is that we sign a player who has Kante's qualities but who is better on the ball. That should be, and I hope is, Antonio's ambition too.

And another one.

Again you are suggesting the imaginary player we should sign ? Dismissing the particular because of something and the proposition is that super player with all those qualities, who is available to us and who surely is there somewhere. His name ? Mr. Riddle. Still look for that striker you like to mention on regular basis, who is improvement on Costa and has all those attributes and availability and want to come here.