• Mikel
    • Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Costa
    • Oscar (sub)

1 minute ago, Azpinator said:

He kissed the Chelsea badge after all the media bullshit, the least one would expect is for all the Chelsea fans to support him through thick and thin.

I wouldn't boo him in the stadium and i still defend him in public.
But i wouldn't buy his shirt anymore, for me that ship sailed some time ago,
I'm just talking about the positive and negative things in today's game in an anonymous Chelsea community.
For me the talking is done on the pitch, i hope that Hazard can still walk the talk. We'll find out soon enough!
I get where you're coming from, you seem to have an unbreakable faith and real class, i respect that!
Regards!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the notion that we're going to keep a clean sheet at Stamford Bridge a very hard prospect to imagine. PSG ran us ragged today, we were quite lucky to be remaining in this tie.

..but remain we do. We've overcome stacked odds before in Europe, 3-1 Napoli rings fondly.

2 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

I find the notion that we're going to keep a clean sheet at Stamford Bridge a very hard prospect to imagine. PSG ran us ragged today, we were quite lucky to be remaining in this tie.

..but remain we do. We've overcome stacked odds before in Europe, 3-1 Napoli rings fondly.

We lost to Psg 3:1 two years ago aswell and turned around:D

Also this season Porto ran us over on their stadium, but at SB we looked very very comfortable the whole match.

5 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

Hazard needs to leave this club ASAP. Our fans our beyond clueless. He was great in the 1st half and was at the heart of our best moves yet he's getting abuse for tiring? Yeah he gave the ball away but you need to take risks when you're playing on the counter and can't keep the ball.

All this criticism is mind-boggling it's like people don't even watch games anymore. Costa missed two clear-cut chances and was the worst player on the pitch in the 2nd half yet all the talk is about Hazard who's not even fit.

Agree. If we are to progress and become the team everyone is hoping we can be, Hazard can't be at the fulcrum of our attack, he's a cog when you need an engine. He's the chorus when you need a leading man. He often looks like he doesn't even want the ball... Last year he was taking on all comers, he receives it, slows the play down, allow the defense to shift then passes it to the next closest player. We need a guy who possesses the will and skill to be the best, he is our highest paid player and for most of this entire year he's been ineffectual. 

I'm not the type to make excuses for players or to coddle them because you're scared they may leave, its always gonna be about the badge for me and he can kiss it all he likes, we are not seeing the commitment it takes to be our talisman. All you have to do is look at the commitment employed by Willian or to a lesser extent Pedro.  Neither of them have the same sort of raw talent Hazard has yet because they work hard on and off the ball their impact is felt.

Something has changed, not just the manager either. Hazard just doesn't seem committed to the cause and all of you can continue to buy into the idea that he's just coming back from injury and before that Jose killed his game, bottom line is loads of players get injured and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who looks as lackadaisical and passionless as Eden Hazard. All you need to do is look at the performances from last year to know he's nowhere near his best, what's the reason? I don't think any of us can answer it but all I ask is when you're on the pitch and not having the best game just work hard for the team. He doesn't do that, show me that you care about the badge!

And for the record he wasn't great in the first half he showed flashes with some nice combinations. At the fulcrum of everything we did well was Cesc, Willian and Baba. 

5 hours ago, Stats said:

People right now will say anything to get on his back. Look how many fouls he was drawing first half. I recall him going past 2 players with ease then Maxwell had to foul him to stop him. I thought it was quite harsh, him going off as I thought him, Pedro and Willian looked really good on the counter.

Stats said he won one foul... I don't remember much of his game mainly because he was mostly anonymous but I do remember Willian who drew 5 fouls. His best action all game was the dribble past Maxwell, its burned in my memory because that's the only time I remember him doing something positive on the ball

If we're gonna give PSG all that possession someone needs to man mark Verratti. He's getting the ball way too much... Oscar needs to play the 10 but in a defensive role. If we cut off Verratti we stand a good chance of winning the tie.

7 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

Hazard needs to leave this club ASAP. Our fans our beyond clueless. He was great in the 1st half and was at the heart of our best moves yet he's getting abuse for tiring? Yeah he gave the ball away but you need to take risks when you're playing on the counter and can't keep the ball.

All this criticism is mind-boggling it's like people don't even watch games anymore. Costa missed two clear-cut chances and was the worst player on the pitch in the 2nd half yet all the talk is about Hazard who's not even fit.

Hazard needs to leave the club ASAP because its clear he lost his desire to be a Chelsea player. He wasn't great in the 1st half, you might say he was okay, great is not the right word here.

Hazard is fit, his injury was decades ago and wasn't even a huge injury, and he has been involved in games for weeks, its not like he is a player that just came out from a 6 months injury and is playing his 1st or 2nd game. People are not talking about Costa because Costa has been our best player since Mourinho left, while Hazard has been shit for the whole season.

His head is elsewhere and he is definetely leaving next transfer window.

We really could use Matic in the second half... Mikel was absolutely useless in the second half, probably couldn't overcome the fact he scored a fucking goal. 

Overall I think we did well against such a strong, confident and dominant side. We were sublime between minutes 20-45 even though they managed to score.  We deserved our goal and it was pretty clear we would concede in the second half, so I'm not too concerned about it, I'm glad we conceded just one. I actually think that for us, losing 2-1 away is far better than returning with a draw (Atletico, Barcelona in 2009 and PSG last year), we are better when we need to attack. 

Azpilicueta and Baba were great, they bring so much to our game... The spaniard was my MOTM. Cahill and Iva were also fine, good and well fought performance. Cesc was sluggish on the ball and Mikel was awful. Willian great as always and Pedro finally stepping into gear. Costa and Hazard - not good enough, we need so much more from them in the second leg. 

The tie is open and anything can happen. I know one thing - if we want to go through, we need our place to be rocking, unlike last year. 

Lots of big positives came from the game for me- Baba was brilliant, thought Brana looked good at CB and I thought Willian was once again excellent. This was far and away a much better away performance than some media outlets are writing about. Bare in mind every man and his dog had us down to be either well beaten or given the hiding of our lives in Paris, neither happened because we aren't as bad as the media want us to be.

I have no doubt in my mind we can do this lot over in London, in fact we have seen the nights we are capable of in this cup at home, we can do it again.

PSG were terrible yesterday. Such an undeserved win, but that is the quality in their side - we switch off once and get punished. Should be going back to the Bridge at 1-1. 

Considering the return leg at the Bridge might be our last Champions League game for a year, I fully expect every single player to give his best. It was the same after the Napoli game, shite in the League and we just had to perform in Europe. We actually could win the game yesterday, we certainly had the chances to do so. That gives me another hope.

2-1 defeat away from home is not bad. But one thing is certain - we cannot approach the second leg the way we did it with Carlo Ancelotti against Inter back in 2010. Playing for a 1-0 win, knowing that even one goal in the 93rd minute will be enough. That is dangerous.

I don't think we should give up already just because we can't keep a clean sheet nowadays. Chelsea was in the same situation back in 2014 and overcame a two goal deficit. Now it's only one goal and frankly even if we concede, there is enough firepower in our team to score not one, but even two goals at home and go to extra time. We've had our fair share of chances last night, two of them big opportunities, Diego 1v1 and Diego's header and that makes me feel confident going into the game at The Bridge. 

We started poorly, right from kick off we went back to keeper, gave the ball away and were frankly lucky not to concede in the first 20 minutes. This is typical Chels.  We can't afford to start like that at the Bridge. After that I thought Fabregas showed the class needed to drag us back into game and his control and confidence on ball quickly spread, a Lampardesque influence,  and we played one of our best games of the season.

Cahill and Ivan were classic Chelsea centre backs in a tough European game. They were very strong, battled very hard but a slight criticism is that rarely seem comfortable with the ball.     Baba was encouraging and it makes a big difference having a left back with a left foot, we would be foolish not to see more of him between now and end of season.

Willian is so comfortable on the ball always has time and composure - at the moment I'd be far more concerned if he was contemplating leaving than Hazard

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

We started poorly, right from kick off we went back to keeper, gave the ball away and were frankly lucky not to concede in the first 20 minutes. This is typical Chels.  We can't afford to start like that at the Bridge. After that I thought Fabregas showed the class needed to drag us back into game and his control and confidence on ball quickly spread, a Lampardesque influence,  and we played one of our best games of the season.

Cahill and Ivan were classic Chelsea centre backs in a tough European game. They were very strong, battled very hard but a slight criticism is that rarely seem comfortable with the ball.     Baba was encouraging and it makes a big difference having a left back with a left foot, we would be foolish not to see more of him between now and end of season.

Willian is so comfortable on the ball always has time and composure - at the moment I'd be far more concerned if he was contemplating leaving than Hazard

Exactly what I said in another thread.