Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Watford v Chelsea

Jase
Followers 0

Watford showed that they can be a real pain in the ass this season. Especially on their gorund where they'll be boosted by their home support. They made some good transfers this winter with he intention of keeping their place in PL and they are in more than comfortable position in the league to think this way.
It'll be tough game and we could win it if we show strong defence and cool in attack. I don't expect many changes in the team from the game on Sunday. If Willian isn't fit, we will probably start with the same players in attacking position.(Hazard,Fabregas,Oscar and Costa) In mid I expect Mikel and Matic partnership and in def the changes will be Azpi for Baba and Zouma to Cahill, althought I'd be more than happy to see Baba getting a run of games.
Hope for a good game from Hazard, Costa and our defence and we have a big chance to get our second victory in a row for the first time this season.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Parky said:

Courtois

Azpi - Cahill - Terry - Baba

RLC  - Mikel -  Matic

Willian   - Costa -  Hazard

I wouldn't have said it a month ago or so, but Fabregas needs to play. In form he is integral as no one else in our midfield can pass and most importantly feed Costa.

Not entirely optimistic. We have some momentum but we always find a way to bottle it this season. Watford away shouldn't be an easy game for a team in our position. Let's hope i am wrong.

Keep their 2 strikers quiet ,and Oscar atones for his penalty miss on Boxing day with another Mom performance thankyou tap tap boom 3-1 Chelsea.

Comfortable win for me.

Despite some limitations in the squad, Watform is hardly a challenge and with the key players (Diego and Eden) returning to form, we've become dangerous.

These squad/team limitations will certainly hold us against the top dogs, but reckon not against Watford.

Obviously anything can happen in football - e.g. a red card early on changes everything as it did against Arsenal.

Just now, Pizy said:

Hazard!? :(

How does he not start if he's fit? 

Hey may not be 100%. I remember him in some discomfort after a challenge made on him on Sunday. It's best to play it safe.

Every Hiddink's line up got me thinking is this real, but then we win the game and we are all happy! He knows better what line up to choose, so staty calm.

I think it's a good line up if you think about it. Our more solid displays of late have come from a mikel- matic

Fabregas

line up, and if Oscar can perform again with Costa and Willian then it's ideal and if we don't have to use hazard then great we don't want him to get injured again.

keep positive guys ktbffh 

• Jase locked this topic