Matt Miazga

Jase

3 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

Miazga is a much better prospect than any of those players. Get a clue.

What rubbish.  Christensen is playing in the Bundesliga and the CL.  Who the hell is Miazga? I would put him behind even Hector who has experience playing for Jamaica at the Copa America.

The guy is young, tall and strong. American players have this fighting spirit I so much appreciate. They are warriors on the pitch. They never surrender. They are highly disciplined. Look at what Jurgen Klinsmann is achieving with his squad. And if the guy eventually succeeds at the Bridge, it will open up the US market to Chelsea, with potentially millions of additional fans, hence revenues. Of course, the guy will have to learn and the first few months will be very tough - maybe he will be loaned out in the summer. But he is definitely the kind of guy I want to see playing for Chelsea. Give him a chance.

14 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

Miazga is a much better prospect than any of those players. Get a clue.

Get a clue? stop sniffing glue ,if you think he will be a much better prospect than  Christensen imho

These are the kind of deals emanolo and company was doing before Mourinho. In which they got a lot of praise from me. Kdb, Courtois, lukaku and much more. 

Looks like we are going back to that mentality and I'm happy. Because it's better to buy these young players with potential. Might turn out like azpi or Courtois. You never know that's why you take the risk. 

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

These are the kind of deals emanolo and company was doing before Mourinho. In which they got a lot of praise from me. Kdb, Courtois, lukaku and much more. 

Looks like we are going back to that mentality and I'm happy. Because it's better to buy these young players with potential. Might turn out like azpi or Courtois. You never know that's why you take the risk. 

The main business to be done now is an injection of quality into the first team.  Squad fillers are and should remain as an after thought.  If the situation remains the same this summer with the likes of top quality players being missed out and the Papys/Miaztas of the world are signed, the club is headed into mid-table mediocrity.

25 minutes ago, bellion said:

The main business to be done now is an injection of quality into the first team.  Squad fillers are and should remain as an after thought.  If the situation remains the same this summer with the likes of top quality players being missed out and the Papys/Miaztas of the world are signed, the club is headed into mid-table mediocrity.

Yeah but dude you need to think before you say things like this. Think about our state. Do we have a permanent manager? What will be our philosophy of our new coach?

In that sense it doesn't make sense to invest heavily when we don't know what our new manager wants. Is best to wait till the summer and right now buy potential then anything else. 

3 hours ago, BXL70 said:

The guy is young, tall and strong. American players have this fighting spirit I so much appreciate. They are warriors on the pitch. They never surrender. They are highly disciplined. Look at what Jurgen Klinsmann is achieving with his squad. And if the guy eventually succeeds at the Bridge, it will open up the US market to Chelsea, with potentially millions of additional fans, hence revenues. Of course, the guy will have to learn and the first few months will be very tough - maybe he will be loaned out in the summer. But he is definitely the kind of guy I want to see playing for Chelsea. Give him a chance.

Don't let the hype get to you - he's doing the same thing Bob Bradley did before him except JK has more talent available to him than Bradley did.

11 hours ago, mccg said:

A bit of sour grapes in that statement.
Joe Cole has struck me as not being the brightest fish in the pond but he did went on to have a great career (albeit underachieved for his potential).