Alexandre Pato

KleyLima

Pato has been without an injury for more than a year. He played this entire Brazilian season.

However, he explicity stated several times he doesnt want to be a striker anymore. Now he plays in the same potion Miller does and what Rooney used to with SAF when RVP and Berbatov were on the line up. Or even a better example, he plays in the same position Sturridge used to play when Suarez was at Liverpool.

Also, he is only good enough to be a backup imo. His time has past. Its a shame because he trully had potential, but it happens.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pato has been without an injury for more than a year. He played this entire Brazilian season.

However, he explicity stated several times he doesnt want to be a striker anymore. Now he plays in the same potion Miller does and what Rooney used to with SAF when RVP and Berbatov were on the line up.

Also, he is only good enough to be a backup imo. His time has past. Its a shame because he trully had potential, but it happens.

is São Paulo looking a fee for him or loaning him out???

is São Paulo looking a fee for him or loaning him out???

Sao Paulo doesnt own him, Corinthians does.

Pato arrived to Corinthians 2,5 years ago from Milan as the biggest transfer in Brazilian history (a little more than 10 million euros at the time) but he didnt fit their manager's system and he was always accused of being lazy or not caring enough. In resume, he floped there. So, to offload his astronomical wages, Corinthians loaned him to Sao Paulo and there he found his great form back and hosnestly has been playing really well.

The thing is, Pato is now back to his former team and neither are happy about it. Corinthians doesnt want Pato and he doesnt want to stay as well. The problem (for Corinthians) is that no one in Brazil can afford Alexandre's wages and his contract ends in late 2016. So Corinthians wants to sell Pato asap. At least to recover the ridiculous investment they made.

In my opinion, any European team (even a mid table team) that is willing to pay around 8 million Euros would easily be able to sign Pato...

EDIT: Now, I will repeat myself, Pato is NOT a striker. He hasnt played in that position for years. He is for like a second forward or even an advanced winger, whoever you want to look at it.

EDIT: Now, I will repeat myself, Pato is NOT a striker. He hasnt played in that position for years. He is for like a second forward or even an advanced winger, whoever you want to look at it.

hes no good for chelsea then we need an out and out striker who wants to score instead of fighting like costa does

Sao Paulo doesnt own him, Corinthians does.

Pato arrived to Corinthians 2,5 years ago from Milan as the biggest transfer in Brazilian history (a little more than 10 million euros at the time) but he didnt fit their manager's system and he was always accused of being lazy or not caring enough. In resume, he floped there. So, to offload his astronomical wages, Corinthians loaned him to Sao Paulo and there he found his great form back and hosnestly has been playing really well.

The thing is, Pato is now back to his former team and neither are happy about it. Corinthians doesnt want Pato and he doesnt want to stay as well. The problem (for Corinthians) is that no one in Brazil can afford Alexandre's wages and his contract ends in late 2016. So Corinthians wants to sell Pato asap. At least to recover the ridiculous investment they made.

In my opinion, any European team (even a mid table team) that is willing to pay around 8 million Euros would easily be able to sign Pato...

I can imagine Mark Hughes licking his lips at that. It will be described as a coup :lol:

However, he explicity stated several times he doesnt want to be a striker anymore. Now he plays in the same potion Miller does and what Rooney used to with SAF when RVP and Berbatov were on the line up. Or even a better example, he plays in the same position Sturridge used to play when Suarez was at Liverpool.

Sturridge played as the furthest forward at Liverpool if I remember correctly. Seems like Pato took the Suarez role at Liverpool on more than anything.

hes no good for chelsea then we need an out and out striker who wants to score instead of fighting like costa does

Why not sign him as depth? Another goalscorer would be handy considering neither Costa or Hazard have found their scoring touch this season

Despite everything; he has talent and has shown it in the past. If the transfer isn't that pricey surely he is worth a chance? He couldn't be worse than Falcao and Costa are at the moment.

His injuries are overblown right now. He has played 150 matches in the last three years. That is impressive.

@Rmpr, I trust you've seen him a lot in Brazil? Is he rubbish? Is he still a partier?

• 5 weeks later...

Meh, no worse than Falcao right now.  Berahino has shite attitude and looked a tad chubby last night, and i dont think he is Chelsea standard at the moment.  Adebayor, no thanks.   Vardy good finisher but wouldnt pay £30m based on a good run of 11 games in a row scoring.

Bacca Id have taken over them all, if the fee was £20m or less.  And if I really wanted to go balls deep and just chance my arm, in desperation, which this is at the moment, Id have slapped £40m on PSG desk for Cavani