Crystal Palace v Chelsea

Jase

This is what I call good football. I missed most of the first half but what I've seen today is a cohesive team playing with an idea. The positive football, the authority in the play, good passing moves, bright movement. Counter-attacking in numbers! How much I've missed that. I think Guus is already starting to have some effect on the team.

Obi Mikel. I'm not a fan but he's been fantastic. He's actually doing something, he's taking action. Rather than the usual 'look momma, I can contain' routine. Shades of 2009 Obi.

Willian, you beautiful afro-ed man. I shouted at the top of my lungs when he fired that ball in. That's what you want to see. Believe, quick thinking, genuine skill. Stellar goal. And then that move to set up Costa's goal. Again, believe, directness, an idea. He knew what he wanted to do and executed it brilliantly. It was always going in or brought back into play for a rebound.

Costa looking like his old self. You can't write off players that quickly. Always looking for new toys. I hope he keeps this up. Just focus on football, get in the box.

I'm so happy with this performance. Strong performance vs decent opposition. Really needed this. What a recovery after that appaling game vs Utd btw.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what the best part is? After scoring the first goal away from home, we did not park the bus and werre not focused solely on the defence. We went for the killer and actually KILLED the game by scoring another two. That would never happen a couple of weeks and months ago.

1 minute ago, milan.cech said:

You know what the best part is? After scoring the first goal away from home, we did not park the bus and werre not focused solely on the defence. We went for the killer and actually KILLED the game by scoring another two. That would never happen a couple of weeks and months ago.

Exactly. None of this inviting pressure crap. Or giving the ball away cheaply, numbers behind the ball.

No. They went for that second goal. Such authority. I love it.

Its nice to stayed focused and not switched off.To many games we've scored first and thats it just sat back and case of 'oh look they've now scored..now we're losing'

Wont get to excited yet though.Win a few in a row and defintly turned a corner.For now though :D