Pep Guardiola To Manage Manchester City

Darogba
Followers 0

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Pogba will be one of them. Biggest deal in the world both regarding the player and package offered, you watch.

Yep. Think he's nailed on to replace Yaya. Can also see him luring a Bayern player or two. They'll need all new fullbacks and I'm sure he'd want Alaba to follow him.

If you told me on the day we lifted the trophy last season that Mourinho, Pep, and Klopp would all be managing in the PL I'd be over the moon and excited about that prospect knowing we have one of them. Now all of them plus Wenger and Pochettino are competitors.

We have gone from having the best manager in the league, the best squad, and the brightest outlook for the future to not even having one of the top 4-5 managers. Now we're in need of a significant squad overhaul and a new manager just to get us competitive again.

I fear that unless we get Simeone or manage to steal Poch from Spuds we'll be nowhere near the top of the table for a while. Hope everyone making decisions in the club are happy now. :middlefinger:

Well done Pep again! Safest, most boring option taken. On the other hand i feel relieved because i don't want him here under any circumstances. 

Utd though was a good opportunity to challenge himself for a change.

It should be known by now that every elite manager from the Jose/Pep era is washed out now and overrated. None of them bring what's going to be needed for the next 5-10 years, and none of them seem to lay the foundations for anything anywhere they go. This is a journeyman move from them, and at most they'll get one title or 2, just like us.

Fear the new faces, not the old ones.

2 minutes ago, cfcs most wanted said:

Klopp out

Pep out

Ancelloti out

checking_list.gif

is there any good one left?

Seriously people need to understand that we don't really need a manager with a big name to compete for the title. Chelsea has quality players already. Just because we have one very bad season doesn't mean we are miles behind Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and City.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Seriously people need to understand that we don't really need a manager with a big name to compete for the title. Chelsea has quality players already. Just because we have one very bad season doesn't mean we are miles behind Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and City.

No team can function without a manager, that is the basic need of a football club. We will be miles behind if we don't bring a good manager

3 minutes ago, cfcs most wanted said:

No team can function without a manager, that is the basic need of a football club. We will be miles behind if we don't bring a good manager

Don't put words in to my mouth. I didn't say we don't need a manager. I said we don't need a manager with a big name. A decent one will be good enough.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Don't put words in to my mouth. I didn't say we don't need a manager. I said we don't need a manager with a big name

Managers with big names help in bringing world class players to the club. They are also reliable and much less of a bet

Just now, cfcs most wanted said:

Managers with big names help in bringing world class players to the club. They are also reliable and much less of a bet

So I guess di Matteo is a big name.

Just now, cfcs most wanted said:

Not really and neither do i like that manager.

I'm just proving a point. We are a big club, we can still attract good players as long we play Champions League football. Yes a manager with a big name helps, don't get me wrong but don't act like it's the end of the world if we don't get have one.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

I'm just proving a point. We are a big club, we can still attract good players as long we play Champions League football. Yes a manager with a big name helps, don't get me wrong but don't act like it's the end of the world if we don't get have one.

But what if we don't reach the champions league this season