Ola Aina

Spike

Torino are going to test how much Chelsea want to keep one of their best academy graduates by making a bid to permanently sign Ola Aina in January

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-resolve-tested-as-torino-line-up-january-transfer-bid-for-ola-aina-a3982926.html

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Aina Shines, Sees Yellow, As Torino Shock Inter Milan

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=30841

Super Eagles defender Ola Aina was in brilliant form Sunday evening for his Italian Serie A side Torino who defeated ten man Inter Milan 1-0 at the Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino.

Torino's goal was scored by Armando Izzo in the 35th minute albeit the home side created far more goal scoring chances.

The on loan Chelsea defender, Aina, was deployed in the left wing position and he provided both defensive and attacking impetus to his team's performance.

Aina, playing his 19th league game this season was shown a yellow card in the 76th minute for a foul on Matteo Politano, his second of the season in all competitions following the yellow card he received on January 13 in Torino's 2-0 defeat to visiting Fiorentina in the Coppa Italia.

Interestingly Politano was shown a second yellow card in quick succession ten minutes after Aina brought him down for simulation when challenged by the Nigerian.

The win takes Torino to the 10th position in the Serie A table with 30 points, 10 points behind third placed Inter.

snip

another Academy HG player we lose in the summer (Torino has option to buy, and has already said they will), and one who is miles beyond Zappacosta

goooo board!!:rant:

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Aina Shines, Sees Yellow, As Torino Shock Inter Milan

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=30841

Super Eagles defender Ola Aina was in brilliant form Sunday evening for his Italian Serie A side Torino who defeated ten man Inter Milan 1-0 at the Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino.

Torino's goal was scored by Armando Izzo in the 35th minute albeit the home side created far more goal scoring chances.

The on loan Chelsea defender, Aina, was deployed in the left wing position and he provided both defensive and attacking impetus to his team's performance.

Aina, playing his 19th league game this season was shown a yellow card in the 76th minute for a foul on Matteo Politano, his second of the season in all competitions following the yellow card he received on January 13 in Torino's 2-0 defeat to visiting Fiorentina in the Coppa Italia.

Interestingly Politano was shown a second yellow card in quick succession ten minutes after Aina brought him down for simulation when challenged by the Nigerian.

The win takes Torino to the 10th position in the Serie A table with 30 points, 10 points behind third placed Inter.

snip

another Academy HG player we lose in the summer (Torino has option to buy, and has already said they will), and one who is miles beyond Zappacosta

goooo board!!:rant:

Stupid stupid board all those wrong decisions. Lets hope they dont fuck up reece james too

28 minutes ago, mccg said:

Torino complete deal to sign Barcelona starlet and decide to sign €10m Chelsea man on a permanent deal

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/torino-complete-deal-to-sign-barcelona-starlet-and-decide-to-sig-83157

Another fine mess 

We still have James for RB. 

1 hour ago, mccg said:

Not really a mess in all honesty, he's nowhere near the quality we need at RB. He was really very average at Hull and has done quite well at Torino, no more or less.

All these loans/middle of the road players we have out there should be sold and gotten of the books of this club, what an absolute waste.

Obviously our scouts are not keeping an eye on all our loanees.

I should think they do the same as us - check what reports say and watch a game on telly now n then.

IF a player is better than our current 1st team back ups then he should  be in the team plain as.

Whether he is tho is subjective.

So everyone is mad because we can’t bring in a LB who is doing well playing for a mid table Serie A side to replace our current LB who did well playing for a mid table Serie A side?

Aina is turning 23 this year. Alonso joined us when he was 25. There will be nothing between these two players. Both bang average and tearing up a league that makes Bakayoko look like Yaya Toure.

I hope we stop buying players from Italy. Rudiger was a success because he was developed in Germany. The rest struggle to make it in England. It’s a completely different style of football.

27 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

So everyone is mad because we can’t bring in a LB who is doing well for a mid table Serie A side to replace our current LB who did well playing for a mid table Serie A side?

Aina is turning 23 this year. Alonso joined us when he was 25. There will be nothing between these two players. Both bang average and tearing up a league that makes Bakayoko look like Yaya Toure.

I hope we stop buying players from Italy. Rudiger was a success because he was developed in Germany. The rest struggle to make it in England. It’s a completely different style of football.

Complete strawman.

1 Ola Aina is a RB by far more often than a LB.

2 The only LB from Serie A we have been linked with (so not counting that last minute Rogerio tosh, that was a complete Juve plant) in last 3, 4 years (other than bloody Alonso and Emerson, neither of which I wanted) was Alex Sandro, who as, is and will be (for at least 2,3 more years) MILES ahead of most LB's on the planet. Only Alaba and maybe Alba and maybe maybe Robertson are better and Alba soon hits 30). Main issue with Alex Sandro is age. He turns 30 in 23 months, meaning you only get a season and a half out of him at sub 30yo play, and fullbacks normally fall off the cliff around 30.

All year long I have been pushing 3 LB's

Junior Firpo

Ben Chilwell

Alex Telles

in that order (HG for Chilwell may trump Firpo's talent, I cannot answer that)

none of those are either Italian or in Serie A

As for your Serie A slag off, I completely disagree, as long as it is the RIGHT players.

Ridiculous to cut off a whole league because of two shit fullbacks (neither of whom is Italian). Some players adapt from all leagues, some players fail from all leagues.

As if Icardi, Dybala, Koulibaly, Milan Skriniar, Cancelo, Pjanic, SMS, Alex Sandro, Romagnoli, Insigne, Mertens, Nainggolan, etc etc etc etc could not play well in the EPL.

37 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Complete strawman.

1 Ola Aina is a RB by far more often than a LB.

2 The only LB from Serie A we have been linked with (so not counting that last minute Rogerio tosh, that was a complete Juve plant) in last 3, 4 years (other than bloody Alonso and Emerson, neither of which I wanted) was Alex Sandro, who as, is and will be (for at least 2,3 more years) MILES ahead of most LB's on the planet. Only Alaba and maybe Alba and maybe maybe Robertson are better and Alba soon hits 30). Main issue with Alex Sandro is age. He turns 30 in 23 months, meaning you only get a season and a half out of him at sub 30yo play, and fullbacks normally fall off the cliff around 30.

All year long I have been pushing 3 LB's

Junior Firpo

Ben Chilwell

Alex Telles

in that order (HG for Chilwell may trump Firpo's talent, I cannot answer that)

none of those are either Italian or in Serie A

As for your Serie A slag off, I completely disagree, as long as it is the RIGHT players.

Ridiculous to cut off a whole league because of two shit fullbacks (neither of whom is Italian). Some players adapt from all leagues, some players fail from all leagues.

As if Icardi, Dybala, Koulibaly, Milan Skriniar, Cancelo, Pjanic, SMS, Alex Sandro, Romagnoli, Insigne, Mertens, Nainggolan, etc etc etc etc could not play well in the EPL.

So is Aina going to displace Azpilicueta or is he a better prospect than James? If the answer to those questions is no, then what is the point of recalling him?

I was also referring to realistic targets. How many of those players would come to us? The majority of them would be valued around £100m. There are far better options in different leagues plus Italian clubs seem to milk us for every penny. 

Ever since Conte has come in, we’re strongly linked with players from Serie A. It’s frustrating when our track record with players from that league is poor. They don’t adapt as well, whereas players from Germany and France seem to transition more seamlessly. 

57 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

So is Aina going to displace Azpilicueta or is he a better prospect than James? If the answer to those questions is no, then what is the point of recalling him?

I was also referring to realistic targets. How many of those players would come to us? The majority of them would be valued around £100m. There are far better options in different leagues plus Italian clubs seem to milk us for every penny. 

Ever since Conte has come in, we’re strongly linked with players from Serie A. It’s frustrating when our track record with players from that league is poor. They don’t adapt as well, whereas players from Germany and France seem to transition more seamlessly. 

Ola Aina is gone. Torino already said they are going to excercise their option to buy.

Some of those on that list we could and should have bought years ago.

Icardi is still my number one striker choice but I doubt we get him, especially if he renews. 

The two main Serie A players I hope we do get this summer are Barella (to replace Kovacic) and Tonali (to backup Jorginho).

Also wouldn't mind Suso as a RW option and Romagnoli at CB (hella hard pull). Koulibaly is priced out of our league and age is a factor with him too. This coming summer would be the last giant payday Napoli can get for him, as no one will pay £90m plus for a CB who turns 30 after a year of play (which he will if he was sold in summer 2020.)

Torino are ready to take up the £9million option to sign Chelsea full back Ola Aina .

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/torino-want-sign-chelsea-loanee-13997362

The Serie A club have a permanent deal written into Aina’s season-long loan and Torino have been hugely impressed with his progress.

Aina, 22, was loaned out after struggling to make the grade at Chelsea but has developed into a key player for Torino this season.

The London-born Nigeria international has made 20 league appearances since arriving at the Stadio Olimpico last summer.He scored his first Torino goal last Sunday to hand his side a 1-0 win over Udinese that cemented their place in the top half of the Serie A table.