Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Mourinho Thread

Followers 4

That's just my opinion , an opinion the owner of the club also shares. No need to get defensive like a little bitch. If you like the way we played in the 2nd half, that's fine by me. Let's pretend we never play that way and it's only an oddity or anomaly because Costa and Fabregas were not there. Those two were there at the Etihad and what happened exactly? We played like dinosaurs, defending for 90 mins, like a pub side. The investment isn't matching the football.

If we don't win the league or CL this season, he'll be gone, whether you like it or not.

I don't think the way we played in the second half is a consequence of the manager, it comes down to not having any real way to inject pace to change the game. If you are gonna place blame on the manager it would come in the first leg against Liverpool where we sat deep and never threatened in the second half(we couldn't connect any passes) that result forced us into having to play a crucial game on Tuesday.

The guys were tired today anyone who has watched more than 5 football matches could see that.

• Like 3
  • Replies 38.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jase

• Fernando

• xPetrCechx

• Tomo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm genuinely surprised by how some don't seem to realize how bad the situation really is. This is by far worse than any of the 'bad runs' by any of our previous managers. It's our worst start to a se

Posted Images

It couldn't have been more than two weeks ago, don't remember. So it was after the Spurs game.

He does like tall defenders but I have hope. Superior quality should trump all preferences.

Only two weeks ago? OMG! I seriously don't remember it all!! :lol::fainthv9:

Shooting opportunities but were any of them really dangerous (apart from the Gerrard one)? Controlling the game is more than just keeping the ball. It can also come without having the ball.
Not that I can remember but allowing even one dangerous opportunity in the last few minutes (against that awful Pool side) is one too many. I agree that you can definitely control the game without possession but that tends to entail having a good defensive shape and looking like not conceding. In the last part of the game I remember us giving the ball away in dangerous positions and we were trying but failing to get out of our own half. Lucky that Liverpool were playing so badly and even then we should have conceded a penalty. If that Liverpool game is the only example of a big away game where you could argue that we had control and attacking/defensive balance (at times) then that does highlight my point.

Calling the COC semis against Liverpool an impressive performance is a massive overstatement. They outplayed us especially in that first half, we ended the game strongly but we didn't score a single goal from open play in over 200 minutes.

Again, I'm struggling to think of a complete 90 minute performance we've had in the big games this season. Even the 3-0 against Spurs was extremely fortunate considering they thoroughly dominated us in the opening 15-20 minutes before crumbling in typical Tottenham fashion.

• Like 2

I will give Jose credit for the introduction of Zouma. Technically, Zouma isn't even really a youngster considering the amount of experience he's already racked up at just 20 but still it was a ballsy move that's atypical of his entire managerial career. Kudos to him. Lets hope our actual products also get chances as well.

• Like 1

My friend says bus parking is Chelsea DNA like Barcelona have Possesion DNA. He says its the identity of the club, do u agree?

No. We played always attacking football in every game in Zola's time. What we lacked was a wealthy owner to take us to the next level. We also pretty attack minded in the 70's as well, so I hear. We played attacking football under Ancelotti. Under him, I believe we played the most complete football in the Abramovich era, but the team Mourinho built was already starting to weaken badly in the 2011 season. I remember complete performances like this one, were we went to difficult grounds and imposed our game on teams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GprcTAFLQCw

Then all of a sudden, instead of backing him with the responsibility of building his own team, Abramovich sacked him. That was Roman's biggest mistake ever. He sacked the best manager we've ever had aside from Vialli.

I credit Mourinho a lot with team building, resiliance and with the winning mentality he instilled in Chelsea. He built our first world class team, that team was built for him and built in his image. That team wasn't designed to play beautiful football, but to overpower teams. And when Mourinho faced a manager that could be as pragmatic as he was in Benitez, he failed. Twice.

I also credit Mourinho with building this amazing team. In conjunction with Emenalo and our scouts, that's the best thing he's done since he returned. But you just get the feeling this team is not built in his image. His tactical strength is in organizing defenses and counter attacking, not in playing possession football and designing sophisticated attacks. It's been that way all his career and he is not as complete tactically as he'll like himself to be advertised. This team was built by Abramovich for Guardiola and Guardiola snubbed him and chose Bayern. Mourinho wasn't even the 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice because of his tactics and controversial nature.

It's obvious our wealthy benefactor wants this team to play attacking football, bring through our own youth and still win titles. People seem to forget that his opinion on things also counts.

• Like 2

I don't think the way we played in the second half is a consequence of the manager, it comes down to not having any real way to inject pace to change the game. I

The guys were tired today anyone who has watched more than 5 football matches could see that.

It absolutely is, since it was basically from minute 1 of the 2nd half and since we actually played our best football in the last 10 mins of the 1st half. Human physiology suggests you're more likely to be tired in the closing stages of the 1st than in the opening stages of the 2nd half. Mourinho has no excuses.

I sense some arrogance in your second sentence, which isn't surprising coming from you. Yet it is deeply misplaced and you fail to sense the irony of your post. Courtois all of a sudden hitting long balls with 100% alacrity, our defenders not even attempting to play from the back anymore, regardless of limitations. In clear contrast to the 1st half. If you think that wasn't Mourinho, then well.... wow.

• Like 1

My friend says bus parking is Chelsea DNA like Barcelona have Possesion DNA. He says its the identity of the club, do u agree?

Your friend is an ignorant wanker . Unless you gay dump him

Yes, his antics on the touchline are more entertaining than his team. :dunno:

There is a simple solution to your problem . Find another team to follow. Let me know who decided to favour with your support
  • Like 1

There is a simple solution to your problem . Find another team to follow. Let me know who decided to favour with your support

That's not a solution because my problem is not with Chelsea. I'm merely highlighting the tactical limitations of our manager. Mourinho is one of the best managers in the world, but believe or not, he has his problems, as was evidenced in the 2nd half of this game and several other big games this season and last season. Big games that cost us titles. To question Mourinho is not to question Chelsea Football club, Zolayes. You're better than this, Zolayes.

That's not a solution because my problem is not with Chelsea. I'm merely highlighting the tactical limitations of our manager. Mourinho is one of the best managers in the world, but believe or not, he has his problems, as was evidenced in the 2nd half of this game and several other big games this season and last season. Big games that cost us titles. To question Mourinho is not to question Chelsea Football club, Zolayes. You're better than this, Zolayes.

yes I am better than those who want everything on a plate .i was a supporter when we were crap and got hammered in the second division. Without Cesc and Diego. It was an excellent result and the END. Justified the MEANS

Calling the COC semis against Liverpool an impressive performance is a massive overstatement. They outplayed us especially in that first half, we ended the game strongly but we didn't score a single goal from open play in over 200 minutes.

Again, I'm struggling to think of a complete 90 minute performance we've had in the big games this season. Even the 3-0 against Spurs was extremely fortunate considering they thoroughly dominated us in the opening 15-20 minutes before crumbling in typical Tottenham fashion.

I haven't been following the discussion here, but wasn't the goal today from open play? What exactly are you talking about with the 200 minutes? I remember most of our goals against big team to be from open play.

• Like 2

yes I am better than those who want everything on a plate .i was a supporter when we were crap and got hammered in the second division. Without Cesc and Diego. It was an excellent result and the END. Justified the MEANS

That's besides the point, Mr. Zolayes. First and foremost, I want what's best for my football club. If I feel the manager continues to employ the exact same tactics in the big matches, the same tactics that cost us valuable points in the league, away to United and Arsenal and cost us in the CL vs Atletico eventually, I have to question him, the same way I question players I feel aren't pulling their weight (Willian) or aren't good enough (Schurrle). Support the manager, yes, but if I feel he deserves to be criticized, then I'll do just that, despite others making excuses for him or just following him blindly. Being a Chelsea fan is first and foremost looking after the best interests of the club before any player or manager or even before Roman Abramovich, Zolayes.