Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Mourinho Thread

Followers 4

So City sort out their weaknesses they walk the league, we do the same and we still have a way to go? Despite the massive 4 point gap last season.

I'm saying one of the reason the gap was narrow last season was because of injuries to key players and their captain having a subpar season (And it's very unlikely that lightening will strike twice again)

They were much better than us last season overall both on paper and on the field. Fabregas, Costa and Luis are not enough to bridge the gap.

• Replies 38.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jase

• Fernando

• xPetrCechx

• Tomo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm genuinely surprised by how some don't seem to realize how bad the situation really is. This is by far worse than any of the 'bad runs' by any of our previous managers. It's our worst start to a se

Posted Images

From player for player

Cech.

Iva-terry-cahil-luis

Matic-fabrepas

Willian-oscar-hazard

Costa

Hart

Zaba-kompan-nastas-clichy

Fernadinho-toure

Nasri/navas - negredo - silva

Aguero.

Not that much in quality between the two teams imo. It was wide last season, but not now. Our better manager should tip the scales in our favor

I disagree

Toure is the best CM in the league, Silva is far and away the best playmaker in the league, Aguero is alongside Suarez the best striker in the league and Kompany (excluding last season) was the best defender in the league and Fernandinho is an absolute beast who has hit the ground running, at worse on par with Matic and a case could be made for Zabaletta being the best right back in the league. The quality in the starting 11 is ridiculous.

They strengthen their defence and play anything close to their maximum potential and they would walk the league.

I'm saying one of the reason the gap was narrow last season was because of injuries to key players and their captain having a subpar season (And it's very unlikely that lightening will strike twice again)

They were much better than us last season overall both on paper and on the field. Fabregas, Costa and Luis are not enough to bridge the gap.

On the flip side we are strengthen ing our squad with three key players and possibly even more. Also 86 points is a high number, even if Aguero and Kompany were avalible for the whole season, they might have not gone much more.

• Like 1

We were also extremely lucky last season i.e games against westbrom (H), Villa (H), Liverpool (H) (Eto'o should have seen red) and numerous games where we played very poorly and just about manage to win or draw. That 82 pts flattered us big time.

On the flip side we are strengthen ing our squad with three key players and possibly even more. Also 86 points is a high number, even if Aguero and Kompany were avalible for the whole season, they might have not gone much more.

Aguero was/is City's best striker and his absence to injury coincided with their barren spell in terms of goals. also Toure,Fernandinho their two best MF were also injured. The impact of those 3 players would be noticeable in any team and while there are no guarantees, it doesn't hurt to make logical deductions.

We were also extremely lucky last season i.e games against westbrom (H), Villa (H), Liverpool (H) (Eto'o should have seen red) and numerous games where we played very poorly and just about manage to win or draw. That 82 pts flattered us big time.

And like the game we draw at home (I think it was WBA) the Everton game away, the Newcastle game away and many others where we had 30 clear goal chances and we missed them all.

• Like 2

I disagree

Toure is the best CM in the league, Silva is far and away the best playmaker in the league, Aguero is alongside Suarez the best striker in the league and Kompany (excluding last season) was the best defender in the league and Fernandinho is an absolute beast who has hit the ground running, at worse on par with Matic and a case could be made for Zabaletta being the best right back in the league. The quality in the starting 11 is ridiculous.

They strengthen their defence and play anything close to their maximum potential and they would walk the league.

To me the distance is not by much.

Our back four is better. Only that zabaleta is the better attacking rightback.

I know fernadinho-yaya is good but so is matic-cesc. You know that they are the almost the same level in quality.

In the attack, they have silva, nasri, negredo, aguero. While we have willian/schurlle, oscar, hazard, costa.

This is where they are better than us, but then again hazard+willian = silva +nasri/navas only aguero+negredo tip the scales above> oscar + costa.

As I've broke it down into smaller bits, you can see were not far behind and we have a monster courtois in goal.

To me the distance is not by much.

Our back four is better. Only that zabaleta is the better attacking rightback.

I know fernadinho-yaya is good but so is matic-cesc. You know that they are the almost the same level in quality.

In the attack, they have silva, nasri, negredo, aguero. While we have willian/schurlle, oscar, hazard, costa.

This is where they are better than us, but then again hazard+willian = silva +nasri/navas only aguero+negredo tip the scales above> oscar + costa.

As I've broke it down into smaller bits, you can see were not far behind and we have a monster courtois in goal.

Good argument. You forgot one thing.

We have Jose Mourinho>Pelligrini.

• Like 2

What the heck?

Last season he was saying we will be title challengers from the go, and now he's changing his tune?

Hmmmmm

Jose knows there is no way in hell Abramovich will allow another season without trophies. But you can't expect him to put that out there on the player's shoulders. You're an idiot if you don't realize this.

Next season will be between us and City, more so than it was this season. Liverpool is out of the picture considering they will be 4 months without Suarez. United will have Van Gaal but unless they splash 200m, their squad will still be inferior. Arsenal... lol. It's between us and City. And considering we almost beat them to the title this year without a striker, I'm confident it in the end it will be us.

Jose knows there is no way in hell Abramovich will allow another season without trophies. But you can't expect him to put that out there on the player's shoulders. You're an idiot if you don't realize this.

Next season will be between us and City, more so than it was this season. Liverpool is out of the picture considering they will be 4 months without Suarez. United will have Van Gaal but unless they splash 200m, their squad will still be inferior. Arsenal... lol. It's between us and City. And considering we almost beat them to the title this year without a striker, I'm confident it in the end it will be us.

I have no problem if we finish second but improving.

But I do have problems finishing 6.....

Out of the top 30 point scorers in FPL last season, 5 were from Chelsea.

There were 4 defenders in there and Hazard.

That stat pretty much told Jose that he needs more ball players and finishers in our team.

Next season i expect to have at least 7 out of 30 Chelsea players on that list, with Fabregas and Costa joining in.

However, in order to win the premier league oscar will have to get in that top 30 as well, as otherwise he simply is not good enough for the first team no 10/winger.

Im not saying oscar must score sooo many goals. Im simply saying he must accumulate points, whether there are more assists than goals or the other way around, dont care.

The top 30 performers list doesnt have him on it currently.

Jose will have the option though to shift him in a more Pirlo-esque role where he can dictate the play and Fabregas can do the attacking and scoring bit, as he has been doing with Barca. That will suit Oscar and take alot of pressure off him while giving fabregas the ability to be deadly i areas where oscar has failed to in the last 18 months.

• Like 1

Hopefully we'll continue our 'high pressing' next season, we scrapped it during the mid point of the season and instead sat back and tried to counter. Mourinho did say a few weeks back that we're going to play better football, so i'd expect it to return. The game at home against Liverpool was the best example, in the first half especially we were unbelievable i thought.

Well yeah, I remember writing about something like this before.

That people saying that Mourinho futbol is boring, park the bus and all that stuff.

But I said it was a team of two halves.

When Mourinho first came he did tried to implement a nice attacking style, but he had to scrap it after the lose against Sunderland in the Capital One Cup.

After that game we became more defensive and counter attacking team.

Ironically, this is when Oscar fell of the map and we sucked ass breaking down teams.

However as Mourinho stated and I agree with him, we had to change because we was not ready to play like that. It could have jeopardize our chances to get into the CL, which at that time was far more important then the tittle.

I think with how Mourinho managed the team and how the whole season went its fair to say that in the new season we will go back to plan A. The high pressing game and better futbol.

I don't think for a man like himself he will be content with another season like he just had.

• Like 3

Can't see Willian taking a penalty under Mourinho, you can practise them over and over in training, but not with the same pressure.

He would've been absolutely devastated if Brazil had gone on to lose. Poor lad looked shattered after the miss.

It was a very poor PK and he did not look confident at the same - surprised he took it.

I've kicked a penalty in the very same way in college (final of the tourney actually :)) it's about planting the other foot too close to the football, so you can't really hit it square. Ronaldo for example keeps hsi feet very much apart all the way from the start of the run (for FKs and PKs).

@fernando, yup jose had to play more defensively to shut the floodgates... All players had to do a bit more defensively and something's gotta give. Our CMs were not good enough - better once Matic joined, but still lacking.

I think it's still goind to be difficult to to change the style of play wit hthe current crop of players though; how deep the D line likes to play, etc.

• Like 1