The Mourinho Thread

Just to add the except above the one you posted:

I believe it was a terrible mistake for the club not to view this season as a write-off and start to rebuild a new squad around you. Somebody once said to me, "The problem is that Chelsea doesn't have a Beckham," in other words a single figure who symbolises the team. But we did. It was you. As Lynette tells her ex-husband Tom in a moving scene in Desperate Housewives, it was always you.

Now I disagree with the Beckham bit because the symbol of United was Ferguson, possibly Giggs or Scholes, but Jose was a symbol of Chelsea. When we needed someone to look to, it was him. When opposition fans needed to slag us off, he took the majority of the shit.

It's hard to express how reassuring it was to be in the stands and turn to see Jose in the dugout. He was the focal point, he was the name we sung and he was the person we looked to and supported. Not what do we do? Look to the middle tier of the West Stand?

Do we look to the pitch to see Didier or Frank? Only JT remains and he's been hung out to dry by the players around him at times and even some of those fans who write him off.

We've decided to let go of the biggest personality at this club, one of the biggest icons this club has ever had and we've got FUCK ALL to replace it with, and nary a plan to find a new one. But that pales into insignificance because TV ratings for our matches in Djibouti might drop a couple of points.

Jose Mourinho will make Chelsea regret sacking him, says agent Jorge Mendes (Sun) #CFCCFC.png #MUFCmufc.png

Rob Beasley: "Man United, he would love it. Imagine Mourinho walking out in front of the Stretford End, giving them the pump fists." [bBC]

think Mendes might regret it more as we will find other agents to deal with ;-)

I don't know why he wouldn't come back. Luis Aragones was manager of Atletico Madrid on 4 seperate occasions I think. If Chelsea will be in need of quick success after drought seasons and Jose will be rejected after his third season somewhere else there's every chance that roads will cross again. Besides it is such a healthy breakout this time that the path is clear for a comeback. You can only look how long it took Roman to make a decision even though last week he was so happy after Porto game that only 'objective circumstances' were responsible this time. The relationship between the two is good.

How about we apply that concept to both parties? And to Matic, Cesc, Costa et al?

Hazard has been here longer and season by season, bar this one we have seen him go from strength to strength. That is why I singled him out because he probably has a stronger affinity with the fans than the other players mentioned. And yeah I do think some of the abuse Fabregas gets by DF is OTT. I don't think there is no need for it.

Then why do you not treat Jose the same way? He won the league last season and in his career he has won every major trophy. You can literally apply your exact post to Jose Mourinho who fans on here have been treating like shit all season.

Because managers aren't players. Players are the one who decide matches. Managers will instruct them how to play the way they want and sadly with Mourinho, that was not working with us anymore. I was wanting him out from October but rather than be rash, they gave him a lot more time to rectify the mistakes and it did not work. It is common for managers and their ideas to eventually tire with one club and that is what I think was happening with us and it was best to part way whereas it is rare that world class players lose their ability overnight and when I see Hazard with 0 goals, Costa with 3, you have to look at their performances and say they have been shit but when you have numerous players underperforming, you can't get rid of all them and that is why the only other alternative is to let the manager go.

Jose has not helped himself either with the way he has treated people associated with Chelsea as well which is why some people who don't like Mourinho have been giving him abuse.

Hazard has been here longer and season by season, bar this one we have seen him go from strength to strength. That is why I singled him out because he probably has a stronger affinity with the fans than the other players mentioned. And yeah I do think some of the abuse Fabregas gets by DF is OTT. I don't think there is no need for it.

I agree about Hazard, but he's also had barren spells and made mistakes. That's because he's human. What we've done is backed him because we know what he can produce.

Surely the same applies to Jose?

Players are the one who decide matches.

Yet some have laid the blame squarely at Jose's feet. Isn't the truth that it's a TEAM effort?

Out of interest, who do you want as coach next?

I think Inter. Great GK, team full of big, physical and hard-working players, couple of skilled players like Jovetic and Ljajic and a finisher in Icardi. After a few hard years they're the underdogs again and they have money again. Mancini looks like he'll finish in a CL spot, might even win the league. The style he employs is similar. Mourinho comes in at the right time as an upgrade. Us against the world, rifts, results are the most important thing. A couple of smart buys and he can get them to challenge Juventus regularly and back among Europe's best. Melo under Mourinho would be hilarious

Man Utd is possible I guess. Fans want exciting football but those in charge might think differently. If he ends up there, I give him three years.

I always thought he'd coach City before Utd. But maybe they want to continue in the style they've been playing.

Here's two extremely long (not exaggerating) but good articles on why things always go wrong for Mourinho in the third season...

Pt 1 - https://www.theblizzard.co.uk/articles/the-devils-party/

Pt 2 - https://www.theblizzard.co.uk/articles/the-devils-party-part-2/

I agree about Hazard, but he's also had barren spells and made mistakes. That's because he's human. What we've done is backed him because we know what he can produce.

Surely the same applies to Jose?

Yet some have laid the blame squarely at Jose's feet. Isn't the truth that it's a TEAM effort?

Out of interest, who do you want as coach next?

Fair enough. You make a good point but while the players are hugely to blame, I just can't help but think a new manager will help change our fortunes around.

Regarding who I want as the new coach, Simeone, if I had the choice and it would be possible purely because I think he gets the mix right with defence to attack. I love his counter attacking strategy at Atletico. Rigid defence but attack at such a venom and the fact that he won the title with Atletico and nearly won the UCL with the squad compared to others was a fantastic achievement. It would not be a surprise to see a repeat of that this season too and a key thing is I think players who play for him actually enjoy it and their is a huge rapport between managers and players.

Jose Mourinho now at evens to be next Manchester United manager (Betfred) #CFCCFC.png #MUFCmufc.png Chelsea hierarchy would deserve this.

EXCLUSIVE Romano: Shevchenko helped derail Mourinho's Chelsea

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/exclusive-shevchenko-s-role-in-sabotaging-mourinho-s-chelsea-749028

Abramovich had not been at the training ground on Thursday when Mourinho was sacked (Telegraph) #CFC

Abramovich also confided that he had not wanted to sack Mourinho, but he felt he had no choice with #CFC above relegation zone (Telegraph)

Abramovich and Jose may well have spoken on Friday as he is understood to have returned to Cobham to collect last of his things (Telegraph)

Im surprised this wasnt done earlier. Mourinho is not a long term solution even if everyone would hope so. To get Hiddink is a disaster, our players do not match his football tactics nor does Premier League. Lets hope I'm wrong.

Lets survive this season with some dignity and focus what can be done for next.