• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Fernando

• xPetrCechx

• Tomo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm genuinely surprised by how some don't seem to realize how bad the situation really is. This is by far worse than any of the 'bad runs' by any of our previous managers. It's our worst start to a se

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Jason said:

Funny read, Daniel Taylor has never liked Mourinho and it's very clear in that article.

He does make a good point though: Jose is such a volatile character that his actions have ruled him out of many top jobs. He was always complimentry to Man Utd because he knew when or if Chelsea sacked him that Man Utd would be the only alternative. And now even they don't really want him.

Tough luck.

Viera:

The 39-year-old was speaking to the Times and was selecting a 'team-mates XI' when he was asked who he would pick as the coach of his side.

'Jose,' he said. 'He's the manager who had more influence on me.

'Why? Because he was the one who impressed me most on his work ethic. He knew everything about the opposition, the strength, weakness. 

'His detail was unbelievable; everything was so clear about what he wanted from each player. I don't know what happened at Chelsea but he always got the best out of his players.

'Arsene is more concentrated on his own team. He gives freedom to players to express themselves. It's a different style.'

Speaks volumes!
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

If this is true, it's a total embarrassment for him and he is absolutely pathetic. 

10 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

Unbelievable, I refuse to believe this, where is the letter? Mourinho would never stoop this low

1 minute ago, James said:

Wouldn't surprise me tbh, always felt he wanted the United job. 

That's probably not news but I don't think he's THAT desperate till the point of writing a six-page letter to them.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Jason said:

That's probably not news but I don't think he's THAT desperate till the point of writing a six-page letter to them.

Yeah it does sound strange, but wouldn't put it past Jose to do something like that.. :lol:

1 minute ago, James said:

Yeah it does sound strange, but United do have a record of leaking stuff to the media.

OR it could be a case of journalist writing BS story to sell papers and that wouldn't be a surprise since the author is Miguel Delaney, who seems to have developed that habit of late.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, The Chels said:

There does appear to have been some kind of briefing as it's been retweeted by Mark Ogden and Oliver Holt, amongst others. 

Literally what I came in here to say. This definitely seems like something that Mourinho or his camp wanted to put out there. Absolutely does sound like something he'd do and it was what I predicted would happen to a certain degree straight after we sacked him. He'll put on the charm offensive and make all of those who doubt him or are unsure about him come his way.

Now that this is out there the pressure on Van Gaal will be even more severe. One more bad result and their fans will be desperate for Mourinho. Their board will finally realize that their top 4 chance is slipping away and make the move.

Part of José's plan he wrote them surely included players he'll sign when/if they appoint him. They'll love it and give him unlimited funds to "make United beat again." He'll say all the right things and everyone will cream themselves. "I'll bring through young players and play the United way. I'll make Luke Shaw and Chris Smalling world class and buy John Stones in the summe." Their chances of signing Bale or CR7 will rise as well.

I really hate football sometimes. :middlefinger:

14 minutes ago, The Chels said:

There does appear to have been some kind of briefing as it's been retweeted by Mark Ogden and Oliver Holt, amongst others. 

But these journos tend to back one another even if their stories are rubbish, don't they?

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Jason said:

But these journos tend to back one another even if their stories are rubbish, don't they?

Sure but journalists for the Independent, Times, Telegraph and Mail are all talking about it (mostly by way of retweets). That would suggest there's something more to it although this, I guess, comes from Mourinho's side:

• Like 1