The Mourinho Thread

Of course it's a rarity because no club bar United ever cared to give it a fair go. I'm not debating that the chopping and changing of managers can be successful, there's plenty of evidence showing it can. I'm saying that it's a nonsense to crow on about stability and lingevity if every bump in the road results in a managers head rolling. And just because other clubs have never managed to do it doesn't mean it can't be done, similarly United's situation doesn't mean it's the best formula. But if clubs are going to try it and fans are also up for it then it needs to be seen through rather than bucked the moment things get a bit hairy.

Did the club actually come out and state they were looking for someone to appoint for a long term job? It wouldn't even make sense, it would have to be earned.

I don't think the words of fans count. Opinions will differ among that very same group of fans and we're too emotional when it comes to our club. And we as fans look from the outside in, ignorant to many factors that play a part in every decision.

In my opinion, this rot set in when Bradford turned us over. As far as I am aware, Jose hasn't been giant killed while being in charge of Chelsea or any of his previous positions. To be 2-0 up then collapse in the way they did was frankly just fucking ridiculous. While the aura of invincibility started to wane, the tactics the team were sent out to play at The Bridge against PSG was simply regressive and unacceptable. PSG are a team full of talent, no doubt whatsoever about that, but were we, at that time, not as good, if not better?? Go out, attack, dominate, put them on the back foot should have been the way forward.

The criticism the team faced after those two performances, I think, had the players starting to look at one another. Beating the Y*ds in the League Cup Final was, for me, an unexpected bonus as I genuinely feared that we would lose. Credit to the players for stepping up in such a fashion but the handbrakes were well below par. That, for me, was the last hurrah for Jose and this group. I appreciate the fact that we went onto win the league but with each passing game, it was a struggle, a real, real struggle. Of the run in, only Leicester away was anything like back to our determined best. We won the league by a few points, but we really did drag ourselves over the line. Swansea away was our last class, dominating performance.

This season has been the worst I can recall since Porterfield. There is zero heart, soul, passion or determination on show. Jose has been at fault on many occasions, his strop about Eva was absolutely risible, the late start to pre-season, and the transfer activity over the last 18 months has proved to be largely inadequate. Costa hasn't performed since January, Fabregas and Matic dipped around the same time, Letting Schurrle go and replacing him with Guardado was just plain stupid. Allowing Mata and De Bruyne to leave was an error of judgement and Djilobodji???? really??? back up player maybe, but this is our worst defensive record since Hollins and he still can't get a look in, so why bother? Is he any better than Kalas? Ake? Christensen?

For all the chaos Jose has caused, the players should be ashamed of themselves. Hazard's performance against Victimpool was a crime, an absolute insult.

Anyway, on a lighter note:

I was in Liverpool yesterday when I thought i had seen a superhero as a man ran down the street with a cape. Turned out that it was just another scouser who had not paid for his haircut. :D

Where have you been mate?

Last time I remember reading your post was when the fat waiter was still at SW6. We were slagging him off together :D Anyways completely spot on with the comment.

Where have you been mate?

Last time I remember reading your post was when the fat waiter was still at SW6. We were slagging him off together :D Anyways completely spot on with the comment.

I go with the flow mate. I should make a bigger effort to contribute and I will. Nice to catch up! And Rafa is still very much a cunt :D

Of course TalkSport would say that. They fucking hate Jose and everything to do with Chelsea.

But they are right. Mourinho was talking about the importance of having the squad united together and all he does is segregate himself from the team more with his behaviour. There are ways about going to conduct yourself, especially when you are treading on thin ice as it is. Does he really think he will get away with all of his actions? If he had the club's interests at heart he would conduct himself more professionally but it is as if he don't give two fucks any more. Just way too much drama and we don't deserve this. It is quite selfish really.

Eva making claims against both the club and Mourinho.

The amount of damage being caused by him right now is crazy. And I don't think this is even the worst of it, I'm convinced that there is more to come from him.

How can someone so volatile be entrusted to build a dynasty?

Like any international brand, I'm sure Chelsea has more legal battles going on constantly regarding funding, legislation, image rights, violations, claims and so on, I don't see why this is any different other than getting ridiculous amount of media attention. The sad part is that people actually believe the hype, gullible and sad at the same time.

The Portuguese can appeal against the stadium ban, which, even if unsuccessful, could potentially delay his punishment until after the Stoke game and Mourinho and Chelsea are waiting for the FAs written reasons, which they should receive ahead of the weekend, before deciding their next move.

The Telegraph