The Mourinho Thread

The fact that Mourinho has reached so many semi-finals and has failed to take the next step into the finals is actually an indictment on his cautious approach as a manager. I can't remember if it was Styles or TheChels who pointed this out to me, but it has some merit.

Anyone who has studied the semi-final ties: Madrid vs Barcelona 2011

Madrid vs Bayern 2012

Chelsea vs Atletico Madrid 2014

and to a lesser extent : Madrid vs Dortmund 2013

knows what Mourinho's approach to these games were. If he was actually more ambitious and more knowledgeable in the attacking organisation aspect of the game, he would have won another European Cup by now. The fact that he's also struggled the most with Madrid and this current Chelsea, two teams built to be attacking teams, is also interesting.

Roberto Di Matteo fighting for Chelsea job. He's lost the dressing room!

AVB on Chelsea: "It's an extraordinary club suffering from huge media speculation. Everything that happens in the dressing room comes out."

Ancelotti Reveals Troubles In Chelseas Dressing Room During His Reign (November 2013) #CFC

Scolari: "I didn't leave Chelsea because of sabotage from players, but it is true that it was difficult to control the dressing room." #CFC

Mourinho [October 2015]: "There are sometimes fights you cannot win." #CFC (BBC)

them tea ladies have got a lot to answer for .....get MI5 in and question them on possible leaks

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/premier-league/2015-2016/chelsea-crisis-mourinho-could-be-gone-after-saturday-s-trip-to-stoke-win-or-lose_sto4975220/story.shtml#uk-tw-po

It seems he is gone after Stoke game, win or lose. His post match interview and the bizarre meeting in the mid of SB field suggests he accept his fate.

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/premier-league/2015-2016/chelsea-crisis-mourinho-could-be-gone-after-saturday-s-trip-to-stoke-win-or-lose_sto4975220/story.shtml#uk-tw-po

It seems he is gone after Stoke game, win or lose. His post match interview and the bizarre meeting in the mid of SB field suggests he accept his fate.

If it were true, though then why not sack him today? What's the point in him managing the Kiev & Stoke matches if he wins and is still sacked afterwards?

What happens if a manager refuses to pay?

Also, what's with these absolutely absurd numbers? £50k and £40k!? Why the fuck is making a few comments worthy of a fine greater than some people earn in a year? Insane.

No, it's not the wrong point. You can't preach about selecting players on merit (which Mourinho has done a lot since returning) and then do the opposite by continuing to select certain players even when they are performing poorly. Considering Ivanovic has done fuck all this season, Baba Rahman can't possibly do any worse than him. Yes, the latter has been shaky but he hasn't cost us any goals as far as I can remember and on top of that, how do you expect Baba Rahman to improve if he doesn't get opportunities to impress and adapt to the physicality of English football? Regarding Fabregas, I do agree with you but till a certain extent. Our options aren't exactly great but you can always look for alternatives, tweak things a little bit in the team, try something different.

There is what the fans think is right ^^, how they define merit, and there is what every manager does.

At some point we ought to ask ourselves "do they know something we don't?" Which might explain why they get paid (a lot of money) to do all these "wrong" things. Without going into the myriad of details, they do watch these players, on and off the pitch in a daily basis, as opposed to any given Sunday.

If I had a dollar for every time a've head " can't possibly do any worse than [starter]..."

He has been tweaking and nothing has worked. Because the subs are worse than the starters, or at least at the same level (when in poor form). Some of these subs are playing at their limit whereas we know the starters can do better - as they've done before. So, naturally, the manager is trying to recover the form of the sure bets as opposed to bet on an unknown.

I don't necessarily agree with everything Jose does, but I also don't find it as crazy or as prone to critique as most around here do.

Yes, the players are not running for him and he has indeed lost the locker room - Roman has a tough decision to make.

What happens if a manager refuses to pay?

Also, what's with these absolutely absurd numbers? £50k and £40k!? Why the fuck is making a few comments worthy of a fine greater than some people earn in a year? Insane.

FA = #ABunchOfTwats :Goober:

If you read the report you will understand why...

I did read it and the reason doesn't really make sense to me. "Minimize damage?" If the players have already stopped playing for him and everyone knows he's a dead man walking, they may as well sack him now.

As I said this morning, I trust Dan Levene as a source, but I'm not sure it's as 100% set in stone like he thinks.