Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Mourinho Thread

Followers 4

I asked him a question and he said Mourinho's not to blame. Yet Ancelotti was.

I just find some fans inconsistent in their reasoning. We apparently have Mourinho to thank for past succes but this is on the players.

I don't know if you're saying he blames Ancelotti or not, because I haven't seen him say that (but I haven't been following your conversation). He doesn't say Mourinho isn't to blame. He says the players deserve more blame. There's a difference. It's not black and white.

• Like 1
  • Replies 38.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jase

• Fernando

• xPetrCechx

• Tomo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm genuinely surprised by how some don't seem to realize how bad the situation really is. This is by far worse than any of the 'bad runs' by any of our previous managers. It's our worst start to a se

Posted Images

If this is the case, why fire any manager at all? Couldn't the same apply to every single manager that's ever been sacked due to poor performance in the history of football?

Again, it's not blame the players or blame the manager. There's plenty of blame to go around. Still, Mourinho can't put the ball into the net. He can't keep the ball out of our net. That's up to the players and they're not doing their job.

• Like 1

I don't know if you're saying he blames Ancelotti or not, because I haven't seen him say that (but I haven't been following your conversation). He doesn't say Mourinho isn't to blame. He says the players deserve more blame. There's a difference. It's not black and white.

Precisely. Mourinho is to blame for putting Ivanovic out there time and time again and continuing with Cesc when he's clearly hurting more than helping. His man-management hasn't been great either when he readily drops players like JT and Matić yet refuses to drop Iva. His stubbornness and unwillingness to play Baba Rahman (like Luis last season) is maddening.

But how can people blame him for the form Hazard, Costa, Matic, Fabregas, Ivanovic, Terry, and Cahill are in? Have they all conspired together to collectively play poorly because they hate his tactics? They didn't have a problem with them last season.

• Like 1

Again, this is where he lets us down. He is talking about it is important to stick together yet he makes daft comments which means he probably will end up being banned from the touchline and being separated from the team. The worse thing is that Falcao clearly dived while Southampton should of had 2 clear penalties so why is he even complaining?

• Like 2

I wish he had replaced fabregas and ivanovic because I am confident that the results would have been the same or worse.

Because the evidence says that one or two player tweaks doesn't make that much of a difference: like I said before Mikel played instead and alongside Matic and guess what the results were? Terry played and was left out without much of a difference really.

We have our own preferences and dislikes, but if you don't see tha the problems go Beyond team selection, then imo you don't know why we are losing which partly explains the hate against Jose.

Fans tend to believe in the quick short term fix: fix the confidence... Replace the manager... Sub this or that player... It's never that simple.

We are in a deficit compared to almost all the other teams in the pl and cl. We are slower, weaker, and less sharp. That's what we have to fix first.

Unfortunately it's s lot easier said than done.

• Like 4

It is. When things have settled down, one day, I would love us to take the FA to court

Mate - C'mon seriously - I normally agree with you 100%, but this is Jose's own fault - he knows the rules, he knows the FA are hot on punishing him and he blamed the referee for the failure! Which on closer analysis was complete and utter bollocks as Southampton could have had 2 penalties.

The reason Wenger gets away with it - is because he doesn't launch into a 7 minute rant.

Fergie had the same problem - the trouble for Mourinho is all the bullshit that's come before is ever present and the FA like nothing better than him opening his mouth - why? Because it equals pay day for them - another £60k in the bank!

Mourinho needs to smarten up and not be so sloppy in front of the cameras - if he had ACTUALLY told the truth - that his shit man management and team selection where to blame - he would not be getting charged. However, he palmed his failure off onto the referree - amateur mistake from a seemingly amateur (of late) manager... Some might call it Karma :)

• Like 2