Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Mourinho Thread

Followers 4

But who would replace them?

Baba is an unknown and RLC is not an option.

If we had replacements I would understand.

He got rid of all our suitable replacements. Mourinho brought this on himself.

• Replies 38.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jas

• Fernando

• xPetrCechx

• Tomo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love how the media have even managed to brainwash even a section off our own supporters with this bus parking bollox, it's truly unbelievable. The games in question mainly were Old Trafford, The Em

I'm genuinely surprised by how some don't seem to realize how bad the situation really is. This is by far worse than any of the 'bad runs' by any of our previous managers. It's our worst start to a se

Posted Images

The "crisis" started during the summer when the board failed to bring our targets and we smelt that something is not going bad. I would give him more time, he clearly wants to stay for a long time. We have sacked too many managers before and the image was not good. Players are letting him down, they are not performing. I think international brakes came in good time for us. Let's take a break.

The "crisis" started during the summer when the board failed to bring our targets and we smelt that something is not going bad. I would give him more time, he clearly wants to stay for a long time. We have sacked too many managers before and the image was not good. Players are letting him down, they are not performing. I think international brakes came in good time for us. Let's take a break.

When we win Jose takes the credit ,, when we lose its the players ,, the refs ,, the board ,, the FA and of course WOMEN not to mention climate change

• Like 4

I really hope Jose comes out swinging with fire and aggression next game. We win 8-0. Ivan cheers from the bench and RLC assists all 8.

Then again.. Pigs do not fly!

They might do if David Cameron smuggles them on-board his private jet :)

• Like 1

The difficulties didn't just show up out of nowhere. They were created by the Special One.

Like i said, not entirely his fault. Ask the board please where were they doing their vacation in the summer.

Technically speaking, isn't this his second chance? Considering he has been sacked before.

Technically yes but the point is that i am trying to be melodramatic and you sir are getting in the way!!! :clown:

Well no, my point is that it seems wrong and knee-jerk reaction to me to quickly "abandon ship" for the second time with him as soon as something goes wrong. We have stability issues as a club too and it's not going to do us any more good to have some other manager (who?) in the middle of the October. What more will the new guy do? Make Ivanovic good again and Fabregas made of steel?

He got rid of all our suitable replacements. Mourinho brought this on himself.

Good point. Makes you think if he had had the patience with players like De Bryune, Mata etc as he does with Ivanovic, Fabregas and co we might be sitting pretty at the top again

• Like 3

Like i said, not entirely his fault. Ask the board please where were they doing their vacation in the summer.

Technically yes but the point is that i am trying to be melodramatic and you sir are getting in the way!!! :clown:

Well no, my point is that it seems wrong and knee-jerk reaction to me to quickly "abandon ship" for the second time with him as soon as something goes wrong. We have stability issues as a club too and it's not going to do us any more good to have some other manager (who?) in the middle of the October. What more will the new guy do? Make Ivanovic good again and Fabregas made of steel?

the new guy might DUMP brana get Kalas and other loanees back and give them their chance ..

But that's just pathetic from them, isn't it? It's like we have gone back in time and are experiencing the player power situation again, where the players decide when to turn up and when not to just so they can get the club to sack the manager. :doh:

Probably the one reason I would take for not sacking the manager right now...They don't look like they have the guts to turn things if we bring on an interim.

Have to give him the rest of the season IMO

I don't see the point in giving him the rest of the season...the players seem to be getting worse game after game

I really thought the Arsenal result would kick start our season, but we haven't won any games since then...and looking at our upcoming fixtures, I'm kind of worried

• Like 3

off now until the next game .. tomorrow the Staff will insult us as fickle fans . I watch Toon fans walk out after 60 minutes today . Did I think they were fake fans ,, NO their team didnt try

thats what Im seeing from ours as well //

• Like 3

Mourinho is the greatest manager in the world, and if we can't achieve stability with him, then we will never achieve stability.

Trying to achieve stability with Mourinho is like trying to have safe sex with a broken condom.

• Like 3

I don't see the point in giving him the rest of the season...the players seem to be getting worse game after game

I really thought the Arsenal result would kick start our season, but we haven't won any games since then...and looking at our upcoming fixtures, I'm kind of worried

There are no good managers to replace him with, if he gets sacked now. The best possible manager we could get now is Capello.

TBH (to be honest) the players I don't particularly care for are:

Ivanovic

Mikel

Ramires

Falcao

Remy

Wilian

That is just me though.

On another personal note, the type of approach to the game I like is the approach made by Arsenal from about 98-03. Win the ball, pass up the field the in three or four passes, shoot. Some of you may remember Henry stating that the moment Viera (or anyone) won the ball, they would immediately think of how they can get the ball up to an attacking player, wether it be Anelka, Henry, Pires or Ljungberg. There was no ball retention nonsense, they attacked the moment they had possession. No player takes responsibility in this team, they are passive jackasses.

That is just the style I like. Kinda like how West Ham play right now (yes that bloody team).

• Like 4

Trying to achieve stability with Mourinho is like trying to have safe sex with a broken condom.

types of condom ..a welsh condom .. one with a leak (leek) in it

a scottish condom one with a leak but a plaster over the leak

an Irish condom one with a leak and a plaster but not covering the leak.

so many racist steroetypes

but think of our defence in the same way ,,, :D

Ivanovic

Mikel

Ramires

Falcao

Remy

Wilian

That is just me though.

On another personal note, the type of approach to the game I like is the approach made by Arsenal from about 98-03. Win the ball, pass up the field the in three or four passes, shoot. Some of you may remember Henry stating that the moment Viera (or anyone) won the ball, they would immediately think of how they can get the ball up to an attacking player, wether it be Anelka, Henry, Pires or Ljungberg. There was no ball retention nonsense, they attacked the moment they had possession. No player takes responsibility in this team, they are passive jackasses.

That is just the style I like. Kinda like how West Ham play right now (yes that bloody team).

To be fair that was always UTD's mantra too and why I respect Ferguson so much! Never say die attitude.

• Like 3

Ivanovic

Mikel

Ramires

Falcao

Remy

Wilian

That is just me though.

And that team did nothing in Europe & could never win back to back League titles. Counter attacking teams have a short shelf life.

To be fair that was always UTD's mantra too and why I respect Ferguson so much! Never say die attitude.

Wenger's approach to the game changed. I think he foresaw a change in football with the 4-4-2 dying out, especially since Mourinho came in and destroyed the league. He adapted but it wasn't that successful. His team played amazing football at times but lacked the extra funds to push him teams to the limit. If the new stadium wasn't built and the funds were given to the first team, I fully believe that with the youth Wenger had, he would have built a dynasty with some of the extra players he could have brought in.

Now. Chelsea is in this same boat as Wenger and Arsenal in 2004. Mourinho tactics from that time have passed and are now a relic of that era. He needs to adapt to the changing environment. Football comes in cycles, when the 4-4-2 went out, defensive tactics came in. When the defensive mindset went out, tiki-taka replaced it. Now that tiki-taka is dying a new style is coming back in. It almost seems the old 4-4-2 is coming back into vogue.

• Like 1

When we win Jose takes the credit ,, when we lose its the players ,, the refs ,, the board ,, the FA and of course WOMEN not to mention climate change

Where do you get the first bit of that statement? How often after a good result does José pat himself on the back? He always praises his squad. Even when they're shit and we can all see it he praises most of them and blames individual errors.

When things are bad he loves and excuse, no doubt, but in typical fashion when he does blame himself, which he has done recently, it's ignored.

There in lies the absurdity of football. The players aren't getting any better so sack the manager. That's not to say the manager is blameless but when they're on the pitch it is the players who need to play.

Time and time again clubs sack managers, the new guy comes in and there is a spell of good results only for the poor form to return. Rinse and repeat. Players get away with far too much.