• Matic (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Remy (sub)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, not the best performance but at least we won! We were much more solid in midfield when Matic came on, but I think Ramires should've been subbed instead of RLC. Oh and btw a clean sheet!

Villa were utterly atrocious - but take nothing away from us. We defended well, limited them to absolutely no chances, and thoroughly deserved three points. Onwards and upwards, and onto the next one.

deserved?

1 own goal and 1 gift wrapped on a plate?

A win is a win. Will take that any day. But the performance didn't really inspire any confidence (it was Aston Villa FFS!). We did what we had to do to get the 3 points but can't conclude much otherwise. We still look extremely average and really need to improve big time, especially with some tough games coming up - Dynamo Kiev, West Ham, Stoke, Liverpool.

The football gods were smiling upon us today. It felt like Christmas today.

The less said about the performance the better. It wasn't surprising and I expected a mere win.

I think we can expect the same next week, though winning will be harder. All we can do is wait and see what will happen. This season is something else.

Wasn't the worst performance I've seen, still a lot to improve on though. Still, 3 points and a clean sheet, that's a start. I wasn't expecting any radical change, but the result needed to come any way it could.

Outstanding player of the game Willian no doubt. Props to Diego, Ramires and Cesar too, worked their asses off. Baba shaky at first, much better in second half. RLC looked good, but Jose probably saw him as a defensive liability, hence Matic came on to protect the 1-0 and we were more solid defensively with Matic. Disappointment of the game must be Pedro for me, didn't offer anything going forward and I felt he should have been taken off at 65 minute mark for Hazard.

the only positive - we won. except for that, nothing.

begovic - nothing to do really. 7/10

baba - atrocious first half. very nervous. but a very good 2nd half. defended well in the 2nd half. and we did not concede with only 3 tall players despite villa having some set pieces. hmmm strange. 2/10 for the first half, 7/10 for the 2nd.

JT - covered brilliantly for baba. was really good. him in and iva out, and we keep a clean sheet. who would have thought, right jose? 9/10

zouma - another brilliant game from the young man. 7/10

azpi - why the fuck does he give so many fucks? i mean take a leaf out of cesc's book. on a serious note. brilliant. iva would have been raped by grelish and we would have dropped points for sure. 9/10

rambo - poor passing. but brilliant pressing. his tackle won the ball for the 2nd goal. decent performance. 6/10

cesc - and the fraud does it again. yet he plays 90minutes. the last play where he simply slept on the ball right outside the villa last 3rd was a perfect example of his game. shit. poor. atrocious. and yet he keeps playing 90mins. 2/10

willian - single handedly keeping jose in CFC. brilliant in every aspect. our best player since january despite great minds like gilvorak saying that he is bang average. 10/10

RLC - dont know why he was taken out. good pace, good pressing, has some good skills with the ball. needs to do a bit more in tracking back, but when the person replacing you is cesc, u have to wonder, was he worse than cesc in covering, oh hell no. 7/10

pedro - selfish. poor. but needs to be given time to settle in. 5/10

costa - one of our better players on the pitch. not for the goal or the OG, but for a change he wanted to play football than fight. 8/10

subs -

matic - mid looked far far more ecure with him on the pitch. surprising? not for me.

we still have not scored a goal from a proper attack. anyways, a win is a win.

Well, not the best performance but at least we won! We were much more solid in midfield when Matic came on, but I think Ramires should've been subbed instead of RLC. Oh and btw a clean sheet!

Really? I thought Ramires' energy and tackling were critical today. As you say though, delighted with the clean sheet. About time we stopped shipping goals.