Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Marquinhos

Liuxas
Followers 1

6 hours ago, kiwi1691 said:

NO, Chelsea currently has the highest wage bill because of bonuses for winning the league.  I don't know how that makes the board "Mugs". The clubs net spend the you focus so much on is only low because Jose sold players that were valuable

Valuable to whom?  And why didn't the Board get adequate replacements for deportees and especially during last summer when some players such as Ivanovic were on the decline and the need for an injection of first team quality was sorely needed? You can't heap all the blame solely on Mourinho alone.  

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“The Premier League is the number one best league in the world,” Marquinhos said. “It’s a very competitive football. There are not weak teams at all.”

“I just like the league itself but I haven’t got an English side that I follow closely,” he added.

“It’d be fantastic to have this opportunity [to play in England] one day, but now I’m focused on PSG.”

http://soccerlens.com/chelsea-target-marquinhos-dreams-premier-league-move/188617/

• 3 weeks later...

Marquinhos' decision has been made. He will not continue at PSG next season. (Diario Sport)

Marquinhos has offers from MUFC, FCBayern & Chelsea and is also on FCB's agenda, although they have not made a formal offer. (Diario Sport)

Chelsea seems Marquinhos' most probably destination, but the dance has barely started. (Diario Sport)

• 2 months later...

Brazilian news outlet UOL Esporte claim Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United are the trio in the hunt.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

According to @footmercato, Antonio Conte has asked Chelsea for the signing of Marquinhos.

Koulibaly will now renew with Napoli,Chelsea will now try to sign Marquinhos. (Sky)

I can't believe this why didn't we try to sign him earlier he is much better than Koulibaly.

11 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

According to @footmercato, Antonio Conte has asked Chelsea for the signing of Marquinhos.

Koulibaly will now renew with Napoli,Chelsea will now try to sign Marquinhos. (Sky)

I can't believe this why didn't we try to sign him earlier he is much better than Koulibaly.

Isn´t he a little bit too small for a CB?

19 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

Would psg let him go ?

Just like last season when Stones failed threw stupid bid at Marquinhos and end up getting Hector and Papys. 

Ah this board does not learn from their mistake for a second season in a role. 

I don't think we've not learned our lesson. We wanted Koulibaly, he was our main target. We were obviously led to believe there was a chance we could sign him, so why would we have just gone onto B or C target when our number 1 target could be obtainable. It's a bit naive to believe the board were only focusing soley on Koulibaly and didn't have back up options, but they wouldn't have known it would be so hard to negotiate with Napoli, or that they would have been wanting so much money for him. He is a risk for us after one good season at Napoli so we are within our rights to be cautious about overspending for him.

The board have obviously tried hard to get him, but it's just proving very difficult. At the end of the day no concrete news (apart from poor sources) has come out on whether there has been a contract put forward or whether Koulibaly will even accept. I think we should just wait before people start slating the board once again (and without good reason) and accusing them of poor business. So far we have done very good business, but it's simply not as easy to get every single target the club wants without resistance.