Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Zhang Lingpeng

Magic Lamps
Followers 0

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a CB? or RB? I mean, I would've loved Stones. Tbh, I wouldn't mind this Chinese guy here. There are many hidden gems in these Asian Leagues. Thing with Chinese players, they never leave their country unlike Japanese/Korean because of the lucractive wages in China at clubs like Shanghai or Guangzhou, so many of these players would walk into top European clubs, believe this or not. Let's not forget the shirt sales in China, crazy money there. People need to lose this mentality, "oh we are signing a player I've never heard so they must be shit". I'm interested to see how this transfer saga folds out.

Proven by the Chinese National Team's captivating performances.

Come on, Black Mamba. Don't be ridiculous.

Chinese Sergio Ramos is the best nickname I've ever come across.

Is this a CB? or RB? I mean, I would've loved Stones. Tbh, I wouldn't mind this Chinese guy here. There are many hidden gems in these Asian Leagues. Thing with Chinese players, they never leave their country unlike Japanese/Korean because of the lucractive wages in China at clubs like Shanghai or Guangzhou, so many of these players would walk into top European clubs, believe this or not. Let's not forget the shirt sales in China, crazy money there. People need to lose this mentality, "oh we are signing a player I've never heard so they must be shit". I'm interested to see how this transfer saga folds out.

"so many of these players would walk into top european teams."

Is that why china never plays in the world cup with these top players? Even North Korea made the world cup more times in the past 85 years than china did. It's one thing if china the national team was good

Tbh Asian football market is pretty much unexplored territory apart from Japan. I mean getting the work permit is hard enough, can you imagine clubs sending scout on a 12 hours trip to China often to scout someone. However if China do produce that many good footballers, I wonder why none of them ever made it big in Europe for the last 20 years, not even one that everyone here can claim they know.

Tbh Asian football market is pretty much unexplored territory apart from Japan. I mean getting the work permit is hard enough, can you imagine clubs sending scout on a 12 hours trip to China often to scout someone. However if China do produce that many good footballers, I wonder why none of them ever made it big in Europe for the last 20 years, not even one that everyone here can claim they know.

China puts all their money into olympic sports and the next yao ming....

Their girl's football team is good, but mainly the funds go to olympics

Proven by the Chinese National Team's captivating performances.

Come on, Black Mamba. Don't be ridiculous.

Chinese Sergio Ramos is the best nickname I've ever come across.

Chinese clubs, especially Guangzhou Evergrande, have performed well at the AFC Champions League. They won it very recently. I mean, look at how successful Kagawa ended up being for Dortmund. Keisuke Honda, another example, ended being a success in Europe.

The reason why Chinese team have been underperforming is because of the management and the corruption IMO.

Chinese clubs, especially Guangzhou Evergrande, have performed well at the AFC Champions League. They won it very recently. I mean, look at how successful Kagawa ended up being for Dortmund. Keisuke Honda, another example, ended being a success in Europe.

The reason why Chinese team have been underperforming is because of the management and the corruption IMO.

kagawa and honda are japanese.

Yeah but they are japanese. China is a different animal. But maybe they are the more lucrative market? I wonder whether Japan, China or India would buy most merch if a European top club bought a national of theirs.

Yeah but they are japanese. China is a different animal. But maybe they are the more lucrative market? I wonder whether Japan, China or India would buy most merch if a European top club bought a national of theirs.

Yes it is a common thing clubs end up doing. I believe, few years ago, Sporting CP signed an Indian player but barely played any games. I heard it made them more popular in India. With China, it'd be harder with more corruption, meaning more replicas being sold.

But tbf, Japan were like China in terms of World cups. It wasn't until 1998, they started to compete in World Cups. I'm sure with better management, training, faciliities and less corruption, China can do the same as Japan.

Zhang Linpeng was a key defender for his club's Champions League triumph and I wouldn't have a problem with him, as long as the wages and transfer fee are reasonable. He'd be a decent backup.

Xinhua reports, however, that Zhang has since taken to his Weibo page to plead with the club to give the move a green light. "Please respect the promise, I will take the risk by myself," he wrote.

Can someone explain to me, why a Chinese player cannot get a work permit here? I don't understand this.

China is ranked 9 places too low. A player has to be a regular player for a nation ranked in the top 70 nations to get a permit.

We could appeal and get him playing though as he seems to be a legit player, and could improve the game here.

China is ranked 9 places too low. A player has to be a regular player for a nation ranked in the top 70 nations to get a permit.

We could appeal and get him playing though as he seems to be a legit player, and could improve the game here.

Correct. But id bet my house he is getting loaned out. I'd not be surprised if there is still a first team CB to come in too