Kenedy

the wes

Kennedy seems to me to be a player suited to space. When it's a case of running at a back 4 or a fullback 1v1 he is good. I think he is terrible in tight spaces. In this loose sense, he's the opposite of Hazard (i think hazard lacks the sprint speed this season to take a fullback on, go past him and shoot. He's more interested in making space than beating the man). 

This is one reason he has looked so good at fullback going forward. He has acres in front of him and is power on to cross or shoot. I think playing him fullback forces him more often than not into the situations that suits him best. Overlapping for a cross or a shot from the edge of the box. Absolutely no idea about his defending. Perhaps a Wing back would suit him? 

Was actually impressed with him at LB tonight but for the first goal he gets sucked in to the middle of the pitch far too much which makes it virtually impossible for him to get back out to try and block Ibrahimovic's cross, these sort of things are what I'm worried about seeing him at LB, just takes one mistake to give away a chance to someone to create a big chance. Azpi does the same for the second goal, a bit too central and is caught ball watching, cannot do that against teams with players like Ibrahimovic and Di Maria. 

You can take the club from Mourinho, but his slight influence will always linger.

His call to play the kid at left-back, we ridiculed and mocked for a while but I guess he let Hiddink in on the vision he had. 

Well played Kenedy, have your moment to shine!

even for the first goal, it looked like he was dropping back to cover hill, but cahill being cahill backed out of tracking zlatan half way through. so i'd blame cahill as always

Pleased for the kid, did a good job and rolled his sleeves up unlike some. That reverse ball killed us in Paris and did last night, they targeted us with that and it work perfectly......

I want to see more of him now please.

On ١٠‏/٣‏/٢٠١٦ at 11:27 AM, lucio said:

even for the first goal, it looked like he was dropping back to cover hill, but cahill being cahill backed out of tracking zlatan half way through. so i'd blame cahill as always

Kennedy was out of position for that goal, if it was Ivanovic he'd get slaughtered by fans for doing it.

But still, mad love for the kid, massive potential.

8 hours ago, Azpinator said:

Kennedy was out of position for that goal, if it was Ivanovic he'd get slaughtered by fans for doing it.

But still, mad love for the kid, massive potential.

He wasn't. He was the one that was trying to close Di Maria down: who was his opposite number anyway (who made the pass to Zlatan). He should've been covered by our centre backs, and it wouldn't have been a problem if Cahill didn't pretend to go with Zlatan and confuse Ivanovic and Kenedy in the process, this given Zlatan a free cross of the ball. 

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

He wasn't. He was the one that was trying to close Di Maria down: who was his opposite number anyway (who made the pass to Zlatan). He should've been covered by our centre backs, and it wouldn't have been a problem if Cahill didn't pretend to go with Zlatan and confuse Ivanovic and Kenedy in the process, this given Zlatan a free cross of the ball. 

And still he didn't do a good job closing down, as Di Maria comfortably made that pass to Ibrahimovic. I'm not blaming him for the goal at all though.

2 minutes ago, the wes said:

BARCELONA are planning a summer raid for Chelsea youngster Kenedy, according to reports.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/652743/Barcelona-Transfer-News-Scout-Brazil-Winger-Kenedy-Chelsea-Antonio-Conte

Fuck that shit!