Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Kenedy

Jas
Followers 1

25 minutes ago, El P. said:

There is no amount of money that could buy my freedom of expression. Turning players into robots.

Good luck on unemployment then.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean thet you can say anything any time. If you are yelling in a restaurant you will be kicked out. If you are representing a global company (like Chelsea) and the company is trying to spread in Asia you can't say fuck China. Just like I can't say my boss or my clients to lick my balls. You need to act professional when you represent something and Kenedy represents the club as a player.

It's not about turning them into robots, it's about acting as a normal adult human being.

• Like 2
  • Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call me crazy but I actually liked the move to LB. It could turn out to be a stroke of genius or a complete & utter failure but for at least he's trying something new for once. A proper attacking

This is probably bad to say, but I really can't even stand the sight of him. 😂 The dreadful, terrible tattoos all over his head, the low socks, the way he runs. He looks like Bambi on ice. He's a

Posted Images

The whole situation is super stupid. But I believe Conte doesn't rate him so much, so sooner or later he would've left the club, I expect to be loaned somewhere in Brazil untill his contract with Chelsea expires. Would be nice if the club act faster in bringing new Lwb after this situation. 

9 minutes ago, King11Didier said:

The whole situation is super stupid. But I believe Conte doesn't rate him so much, so sooner or later he would've left the club, I expect to be loaned somewhere in Brazil untill his contract with Chelsea expires. Would be nice if the club act faster in bringing new Lwb after this situation. 

I'd guess that they are already acting as fast as they judge that they can or should because it's hard to imagine that Kennedy was ever a serious part of the LB/LWB equation.

43 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Good luck on unemployment then.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean thet you can say anything any time. If you are yelling in a restaurant you will be kicked out. If you are representing a global company (like Chelsea) and the company is trying to spread in Asia you can't say fuck China. Just like I can't say my boss or my clients to lick my balls. You need to act professional when you represent something and Kenedy represents the club as a player.

It's not about turning them into robots, it's about acting as a normal adult human being.

I know all that, I just think Chelsea got over the line with sending him home + apology, from club and the player himself. I'm sure that club would act like this if there was even no word "porra" ("fuck", which created mess in the first place).

I would like to see what would happen if some more important player did the same thing.

And you are right, I'm overreacting on this topic a bit, but I witnessed stuff like this in many other areas, not just football, and it's just not normal to me.

EDIT: Not to mention that I've read in 100 places this: "Porra China" does not in any context mean "fuck China", nor is it offensive. It's bad PR, ok, but it could ruin player's career, sending him home like this, for something he didn't do. From what I understood it means like "Damn China". Or we are not going to take that into account either, because it's all bad PR and that's all that matters? I don't know really where are the limits of this. How far will we go?

He still has value in this seasons squad as an under 21. You can't ignore that. 

It's likely Conte doesn't rate him though and that he is in fact going out on another loan. 

But it's far to early to say one way or another. All we know right now is that he's been sent back to London. Still plenty of time between now and 1 September and any number of things can happen.

55 minutes ago, El P. said:

I know all that, I just think Chelsea got over the line with sending him home + apology, from club and the player himself. I'm sure that club would act like this if there was even no word "porra" ("fuck", which created mess in the first place).

I would like to see what would happen if some more important player did the same thing.

And you are right, I'm overreacting on this topic a bit, but I witnessed stuff like this in many other areas, not just football, and it's just not normal to me.

EDIT: Not to mention that I've read in 100 places this: "Porra China" does not in any context mean "fuck China", nor is it offensive. It's bad PR, ok, but it could ruin player's career, sending him home like this, for something he didn't do. From what I understood it means like "Damn China". Or we are not going to take that into account either, because it's all bad PR and that's all that matters? I don't know really where are the limits of this. How far will we go?

This is the most normal thing ever.

We are trying to market ourselves in China, and he disrespected them. Maybe if it was a different place where respect, and national pride, wasn't as important we could get away with it. But we cant. People in China love their nation, and have a pride which could derail all marketing there if we didnt respond quickly.

Kennedy played himself, and us, trying to be a comedian.

Strange thing is that no media think it is a sign we will get a new LB by sending Kenedy home. Usually their creative imagination works fast, but not this time.

3 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

Strange thing is that no media think it is a sign we will get a new LB by sending Kenedy home. Usually their creative imagination works fast, but not this time.

Perhaps because they also realize he's not a defender. He's a forward wide player and nothing more. 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, El P. said:

I think this is about the market. There are 1500 million people in China(holy fuck), hundred of milllion potential supporters who might buy kits, travel to London, whatever. Also, Chinese state are very hard on this, they banned Justin Bieber from China completely last week. Not only concerts, but television, radio, etc. Kenedy is not an important player for Chelsea, so if we have to release him in order not to be banned in China then we will do it. If it was about Hazard we might not do it but it's Kenedy.

Its no Kenedy fault that Chinese people cant understand portuguese and british press is lazy enough to not even make a proper translation of what he said.

The whole situation is pretty laughable. 

• Like 3
Well, it's rumoured that we can completely be banned from China so it's kind of a big deal.

Are they really such snowflakes over there? For a powerful country they sure are sensitive.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, manpe said:

Are they really such snowflakes over there? For a powerful country they sure are sensitive.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's strange for a European/Western civilization man, but it's the far East and China is a unitary state. 

The FA are writing to us asking for Kenedy's observations on the matter.

It's serious because he's a poignant figure playing for a huge club that is on a marketing mission to sell a brand in a huge footballing country. He's just been a very silly boy and is now suffering the consequences.

• Like 1

I've often thought, if I was a professional athlete, I'd just not have any social media.  More headaches than upside.  Dick pic posted = "hacked", why did you "like" this?  Only an opportunity to say something stupid.  No one cares about the 1000s of non-offensive tweets/posts.  But, just 1 wrong one....

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I've often thought, if I was a professional athlete, I'd just not have any social media.  More headaches than upside.  Dick pic posted = "hacked", why did you "like" this?  Only an opportunity to say something stupid.  No one cares about the 1000s of non-offensive tweets/posts.  But, just 1 wrong one....

Yep. Or just use it smartly like Azpi, but many young footballers don't exactly shine with wits.

11 hours ago, Henrique said:

Its no Kenedy fault that Chinese people cant understand portuguese and british press is lazy enough to not even make a proper translation of what he said.

The whole situation is pretty laughable. 

Vast majority of people, who care, in China already know he was just laughing at a security guard.

They still find it disrespectful and unacceptable. You don't do that in China.

25 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Vast majority of people, who care, in China already know he was just laughing at a security guard.

They still find it disrespectful and unacceptable. You don't do that in China.

I see, laughing at a security guard is a HUGE disrespect...okay. I see that there are a lot of money in China right now, so the club must release official statements and send the player home, apologize and do all kind of stuff, because since its a dictatorship full of capitalist money you can't afford to lose that kind of money, so you just accept the demands. If that was something in Russia, western press would saying how the russians are brainwashed by Putin's authoritarian ethos or something like that.

Again, Kenedy didn't anything wrong and he did not disrespect China, but I understand who got the money can demand everything they want.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Henrique said:

I see, laughing at a security guard is a HUGE disrespect...okay. I see that there are a lot of money in China right now, so the club must release official statements and send the player home, apologize and do all kind of stuff, because since its a dictatorship full of capitalist money you can't afford to lose that kind of money, so you just accept the demands. If that was something in Russia, western press would saying how the russians are brainwashed by Putin's authoritarian ethos or something like that.

Again, Kenedy didn't anything wrong and he did not disrespect China, but I understand who got the money can demand everything they want.

Not just a security guard. Anybody.

Stars in Asia have to be humble, if they don't they face backlash. While Kennedy isnt a star, he is in the public light and is expected to behave as such by the public. If you think Kennedy is getting it bad, you should see the standards China holds their own stars.