Kenedy

the wes

On 17/01/2016 at 8:27 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Why play him at LB when hes shown hes clearly got enough about his game to play on the left wing and probably the right if needed? I really like this kid and hope he gets a chance to play as often as he can but hes obviously not a left back, hes a left winger/striker, no point reinventing him, would just kill his career. 

Marcelo and Alaba moved from up the pitch, would you say it killed their career?

Kenedy displays at left back have been very exciting and he has the potential to he a revelation there, where as at winger he lacks the close control and decisions making to be top bracket.

In short I think he has the potential to be a world class fullback, but not more than a very good winger.

On 21 January 2016 at 0:45 PM, Tomo said:

Marcelo and Alaba moved from up the pitch, would you say it killed their career?

Kenedy displays at left back have been very exciting and he has the potential to he a revelation there, where as at winger he lacks the close control and decisions making to be top bracket.

In short I think he has the potential to be a world class fullback, but not more than a very good winger.

How I see it as well. 

I would genuinely sell Baba and have him and Ake compete at LB next season. 

Just now, Tomo said:

Really?

When he has come on for Pedro in recent weeks he has excelled and given our team a huge lift, why put him back to LB where he will have much less of an effect for the team? Kenedy isn't afraid to take people on and is always looking to go forward and he is the ideal back up for Hazard in my eyes, or possibly even compete on the right side, although I like him better on the left because he provides good width and makes good darts in behind.

I think if we actually had a left footed left back who played regularly nobody would want us to play Kenedy there, so the sooner Baba gets games or we sign another LB to play every week the better, because I feel it would kill his development. Also Marcelo and Alaba are two world class players, I think its fair to say to compare Kenedy's potential in any position to those two is unfair on him.

On 23 January 2016 at 6:02 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Really?

When he has come on for Pedro in recent weeks he has excelled and given our team a huge lift, why put him back to LB where he will have much less of an effect for the team? Kenedy isn't afraid to take people on and is always looking to go forward and he is the ideal back up for Hazard in my eyes, or possibly even compete on the right side, although I like him better on the left because he provides good width and makes good darts in behind.

I think if we actually had a left footed left back who played regularly nobody would want us to play Kenedy there, so the sooner Baba gets games or we sign another LB to play every week the better, because I feel it would kill his development. Also Marcelo and Alaba are two world class players, I think its fair to say to compare Kenedy's potential in any position to those two is unfair on him.

How would he be less effective at LB? Whenever he did play LB for us he had a huge impact. Attacking fullbacks are a huge part of the game, and Kenedy could really flourish there. 

Alaba and Marcelo were not anywhere near World Class at his age either, no one would've had them as the best LBs in the world at the time. 

Just now, The Skipper said:

How would he be less effective at LB? Whenever he did play LB for us he had a huge impact. Attacking fullbacks are a huge part of the game, and Kenedy could really flourish there. 

Alaba and Marcelo were not anywhere near World Class at his age either, no one would've had them as the best LBs in the world at the time. 

Because he is an attacking player, who obviously will lack certain defensive attributes, I mean yes attacking fullbacks are a huge part of the game but the good ones can also defend, Alba, Marcelo, Alaba, Filipe Luis, Ricardo Rodriguez, Alex Sandro etc are all particularly good at both attacking and defending. I don't see the point in turning a kid who isn't a defender into a defender when he has played on the left wing for us and looked better than everyone else who has played there for us this season. 

12 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Because he is an attacking player, who obviously will lack certain defensive attributes, I mean yes attacking fullbacks are a huge part of the game but the good ones can also defend, Alba, Marcelo, Alaba, Filipe Luis, Ricardo Rodriguez, Alex Sandro etc are all particularly good at both attacking and defending. I don't see the point in turning a kid who isn't a defender into a defender when he has played on the left wing for us and looked better than everyone else who has played there for us this season. 

He can most certainly build up a defensive profile and if he does sky is limit in that position for me. Pizickek was a forward until he was 24 and he turned out ok at full back.

Way Isee it, is on the wing I reckon his ceiling is very good player, but not top bracket, he lacks the close control and decision making to be top bracket in wing, however at left back those two flaws aren't as detrimental and the Palace and Norwich games has lead me to believe he can be really special at left back.

2 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Should really start tomorrow. He's not at all behind Pedro the way they've each been playing so there can be no excuses about needing to take Dons seriously. 

I think MK Dons fans would prefer to see Pedro play. 

Here in England, or at least where I live, there is so much excitement over Kenedy. People view him as a genuine talent, a bit of a wildcard. Unpredictably explosive when in possession. People realise Pedro is average, capable of mustering either a decent shot or a decent cross every other game. I only know this because whenever we have games at the end of training games, I make my Under 9s choose a Chelsea player. Hazard, Diego and Courtois are the first names chosen - then it's always Kenedy, Willian and Fabregas. The kids think he's great, and they're usually the best at spotting little gems. 

• 2 weeks later...

He should play instead of Hazard against Man city. Kenedy is amazing young talent and he had a better season than Hazard, although he played alot less. He shows ambition and wants to play, not just talk to the media about how he wants to win CL. Kenedy plays with his heart and passion, you can see that when he scored against Walsall, he almost cried out of happines. Baba and Kenedy would be deadly going forward for whatever is their RB. Plus Man city gonna list a weak side.

He is brilliant player and one for the future, play him!

23 minutes ago, MefiX19 said:

He should play instead of Hazard against Man city. Kenedy is amazing young talent and he had a better season than Hazard, although he played alot less. He shows ambition and wants to play, not just talk to the media about how he wants to win CL. Kenedy plays with his heart and passion, you can see that when he scored against Walsall, he almost cried out of happines. Baba and Kenedy would be deadly going forward for whatever is their RB. Plus Man city gonna list a weak side.

I'd love to see him start ahead of Hazard.

37 minutes ago, MefiX19 said:

That would be the ballsy move of the century if Guus did that.

9 hours ago, MefiX19 said:

I agree with every single word u said there mate I hope guus picks him as well against city