Kenedy

the wes

Somebody please explain to me just why the fuck did he come o for Dave? Yes OK I understand he wanted to bring in attack minded players but why was Bane left on the pitch?

For me in the 20 ish minutes he was on I made him out MOTM.

Somebody has already mentioned it but I'd be interested to see a KENEDY - EDEN - PEDRO front line.

Its going to be good watching him progress. Lets hope Mou makes the proper use of him.

Brane is the new Captain,Leader,Legend...

Honestly though, the signing of kenedy makes bamford as good as gone.

excuse me? One is a striker, the poacher kind, the kid has a way to get the ball into the net. The other is an attacking midfielder, with a hell of a left foot for long range shots, a lot of pace and dribbling skills. How does one compete with the other? That's the same as saying the moment Pedro arrived, Costa could start counting his days in the team. No logic.

My main problem with the kid is his decision making. If he can work on that like Ramires couldn't, I'll be impressed. Elasticos, pace, dribbles, don't impress me, but his personality and the way he approached the match certainly did. If he can develop well to improve his vision and decision making, then I think we have a great player in our hands, if not, we'll have a utility player - like Ramires - atrocious passing except for the odd day, but with some things that might help in certain matches. Also, I'm not saying they're the same player, they're completely different, they just showed to have the same problem. Kenedy is definitely more talented than Ramires.

excuse me? One is a striker, the poacher kind, the kid has a way to get the ball into the net. The other is an attacking midfielder, with a hell of a left foot for long range shots, a lot of pace and dribbling skills. How does one compete with the other? That's the same as saying the moment Pedro arrived, Costa could start counting his days in the team. No logic.

My main problem with the kid is his decision making. If he can work on that like Ramires couldn't, I'll be impressed. Elasticos, pace, dribbles, don't impress me, but his personality and the way he approached the match certainly did. If he can develop well to improve his vision and decision making, then I think we have a great player in our hands, if not, we'll have a utility player - like Ramires - atrocious passing except for the odd day, but with some things that might help in certain matches. Also, I'm not saying they're the same player, they're completely different, they just showed to have the same problem. Kenedy is definitely more talented than Ramires

Both are second strikers....

The one thing that impressed me was that he played out of position, against tough wide players, while not really displaying any sort of fear. I don't quite know if he or Traore are first team quality players yet but they are in the squad now so we will see how they do but I think another more established AM if one went on loan wouldn't be too bad considering City and United have got 4 or 5 players for those roles.

Ffs, do you ever say anything positive bro?

Im just keeping it real bro :D

Seriously its the responses and expectations after one game. Kid has a good game and suddenly he is the next Hazard. People get unreal expectations and if he doesnt fullfill them, they all go crazy. He is realy promising, I loved how direct and fearless he was, the energy he brought. But it was one game. Lets wait and see how he does at the end of season, or at least in next 3 games (if he will even play).

Wut?

Ffs, do you ever say anything positive bro?

Bamford is like Piazon. Both are second strikers and not lone strikers...

Kenedy might of started on the wings in brazil, but I can definitely see him playing second striker under Jose M. Bamford at CP isn't really projected to play the lone CF role and more midfielder than anything

I'm perfectly ok with us not winning the title again this season as far as we can secure top 4 and properly let the kids like Kenedy develop and blend into the first team.

I don't wanna hype up these kids but they are indeed not far off. Kenedy, RLC, Baba, Traore, Boga, etc.... Exciting future of Chelsea.

And then we´ll do the usual: Loan most of them to countless clubs before selling them to a lower table/Championship side after they have lost all promise.

I really want those guys to become stars, but this is what seems to happen with pretty much every young player.

For those getting their hopes up ( and i'm one of them, I never learn I know) I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a front and he's loaned out in january or next summer. How many times have we seen it when a youngster is given a chance to shine, takes their chances quite well and despite impressing we ship them out on loan at the nearest possible opportunity anyway. Haven't players like Kalas,Ake,Moses (pre season atleast) thought us any lesson. I hope I'm wrong but don't be surprised if come January or next summer there are quotes like "but he was impressive in pre season and against palace but was never played again and now shipped out on loan, what happened"

For those getting their hopes up ( and i'm one of them, I never learn I know) I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a front and he's loaned out in january or next summer. How many times have we seen it when a youngster is given a chance to shine, takes their chances quite well and despite impressing we ship them out on loan at the nearest possible opportunity anyway. Haven't players like Kalas,Ake,Moses (pre season atleast) thought us any lesson. I hope I'm wrong but don't be surprised if come January or next summer there are quotes like "but he was impressive in pre season and against palace but was never played again and now shipped out on loan, what happened"

Sad but ultimately true and pretty much how I see it - barring some extensive injuries now our physios are completely fucked off - way to motivate them!!!

Our physios were flawless last season, OK the Costa hamstring is a problem - but hamstrings are hit and miss

This season - Physios fucked over

Thats some motivational prowess!

Next up - Iva as deputy Captain - worst player by a country mile - dropped? NO OF COURSE not - no wonder the rest of the team aren't interested - what's the fucking point.

Sad but ultimately true and pretty much how I see it - barring some extensive injuries now our physios are completely fucked off - way to motivate them!!!

Our physios were flawless last season, OK the Costa hamstring is a problem - but hamstrings are hit and miss

This season - Physios fucked over

Thats some motivational prowess!

Next up - Iva as deputy Captain - worst player by a country mile - dropped? NO OF COURSE not - no wonder the rest of the team aren't interested - what's the fucking point.

why are our physios fucked off and what does it have to do with Kenedy? Did I miss something (honest question).

Ake is a fair point but Kalas needs to be put into context, he was given a job to do and done it well, but his performance in the backs to the wall at Anfield can't be used to determine his long term future here, I mean people say Cahill or even Terry look good because of the deep defensive line, in Scouse land that day we played the deepest line we have done for a long time bar vs Barca and Bayern on the run to the CL.

Similar with Meireles (I know he ain't a youngster but the same principal as such) he was tasked vs Barca with running around and harassing Iniesta and Xavi best he could and done really well, but ultimately did anyone really shed a tear when he was sold months later?

Although having said that I think Kennedy has a big chance here purely because of his mentality, to take Wickham on as the last defender on his debut at 19 took some serious bolax, I know its a little thing but how many that young would risk that knowing if they got dispossesed the striker was through on goal?

• 2 weeks later...