Jase
Followers 1

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call me crazy but I actually liked the move to LB. It could turn out to be a stroke of genius or a complete & utter failure but for at least he's trying something new for once. A proper attacking

This is probably bad to say, but I really can't even stand the sight of him. 😂 The dreadful, terrible tattoos all over his head, the low socks, the way he runs. He looks like Bambi on ice. He's a

Posted Images

Going to ruin a nice little player

He has actually looked a lot better at LB, his best two displays were here and vs Palace, against Everton and Liverpool he looked like rabbit caught in headlights.

Sometimes wingers get moved to full back, and more often than you think it actually works.

• Like 3

He has actually looked a lot better at LB, his best two displays were here and vs Palace, against Everton and Liverpool he looked like rabbit caught in headlights.

Sometimes wingers get moved to full back, and more often than you think it actually works.

Against palace he was asleep for the 2nd goal. Can't blame a 19 year old forward though.

Against Everton and liverpool, name one player who even looked like they wanted to be on the pitch.

I honestly can't even see the benefit of playing a 19 year old winger as a full back. We are Chelsea. Not some pub team. Unfortunately, this is what happens when your manager has no forward vision and no intention of rotating his squad. Otherwise we might have had Bertrand or Luis.

• Like 3

Guess I was day dreaming earlier as it took me until mid-way through to 2nd half to realize it was Kenedy and not Baba Rahman who was playing at left back. :lol::doh:

Thought he did well in that position - both offensively and defensively. Just a surprise that Norwich didn't try to target him more in the game.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/11/final-whistle-verdict--fully-deserved.html?extcmp=SOCIA_TW_ENG_NEWS_POSTMATCH

The manager explained his reason for deploying Kenedy, who made his first Premier League start, at left-back

‘He’s an attacking player, he was playing in a position where he wasn’t really a left-back. We were ready for them to come and play with four at the back, which they did, but we were also ready for them to play with five at the back which they did against Man City, so I wanted to have a player in that position who could adapt to both situations. If they played with five at the back I would have played with three at the back and used Kenedy as a left winger. When they came with four we knew what we had to do.’

• Like 3

I actually like the move to LB. Never good enough to start for (the real) Chelsea up front imo. It would be great to have a genuine attacking threat from fullback and a defender that's comfortable on the ball. You can teach a player to defend but you can't teach a player to attack.

(Someone should've shifted Ramires to RB for example a long time ago. His technique would even be poor as a fullback, never mind midfield)

The only thing that makes this move to LB ridiculous is the fact that you invested a hefty amount in an actual leftback and now prefer a forward in his position.

• Like 2

@DYC., but at the expense of Azpi? In any sane manager's mind, then Azpi should be our undisputed RB. But we all know that isn't, and won't be the case.

This is why I can't even entertain the idea of Kenedy at LB. Because he's skirting around the glaring fact that Ivan is past it as a RB. The whole team is being catered around the premise that Ivanovic MUST START every match when fit. And granted he's not our ONLY problem, but it cannot be denied he's been a major liability.

• Like 3

@DYC., but at the expense of Azpi? In any sane manager's mind, then Azpi should be our undisputed RB. But we all know that isn't, and won't be the case.

This is why I can't even entertain the idea of Kenedy at LB. Because he's skirting around the glaring fact that Ivan is past it as a RB. The whole team is being catered around the premise that Ivanovic MUST START every match when fit. And granted he's not our ONLY problem, but it cannot be denied he's been a major liability.

No. Never. But I've chosen to stick my head in the concrete when it comes to Ivanovic.

Not that I minded Azpi on the bench today. Nice extended rest for him. Busy times ahead and I'm sure he'll play everything.

• Like 1

Against palace he was asleep for the 2nd goal. Can't blame a 19 year old forward though.

Against Everton and liverpool, name one player who even looked like they wanted to be on the pitch.

I honestly can't even see the benefit of playing a 19 year old winger as a full back. We are Chelsea. Not some pub team. Unfortunately, this is what happens when your manager has no forward vision and no intention of rotating his squad. Otherwise we might have had Bertrand or Luis.

Like Carra said, most fullbacks get moved from either winger or centre back at some point, if he can patch up on his defensive side I don't see why it can't work out.

I'm not judging him conpared to the rest of the side and I'm judging him on his merits and performance, on the wing he's looked very raw, at left back going forward he has looked brilliant, sometimes moving players back isn't actually ruining them and before people mention Mikel, it wasn't actually Jose that moved him back permanently, it was Scolari.

• Like 1

Like Carra said, most fullbacks get moved from either winger or centre back at some point, if he can patch up on his defensive side I don't see why it can't work out.

I'm not judging him conpared to the rest of the side and I'm judging him on his merits and performance, on the wing he's looked very raw, at left back going forward he has looked brilliant, sometimes moving players back isn't actually ruining them and before people mention Mikel, it wasn't actually Jose that moved him back permanently, it was Scolari.

Moving a left mid to left back is acceptable, not a winger, eg - zhirkov. Also, I don't think it's acceptable to judge his individual performance against pool and Everton cause well, messi would have found it hard to make an impact considering how poor, gutless and absolutely uninterested we looked in both those games.

Also, why are we approaching things in a round about way. Play players in their natural positions and develop other aspects of their game to make them better overall players. Don't play attackers as defenders and then develop their defensive side of the game. Hence I said, we will be ruining him specially since he looks like he has some good techniqur.

Just buy Ricardo Rodriguez and play him as lb, azpi as rb and keep baba as backup.

• Like 2

He is like the most skilfull LB I have ever seen. The number of times he beat a player with a neat trick I have lost counting. Amazing ball control. Also did ok defensively. He really should be used higher up the pitch whilst Pedro should take more of an impact sub role.

He is a winger not LB. You can put many players to LB but they aint actual LB.

Barca deployed Pedro as RB too, saying Kenedy is most skillful LB is bit funny then.

But anyway despite good game, Im dissapointed we have a manager who plays promising winger as fucking fullback AND also leaves Azpi on bench.

About Kenedy, all respect to the lad. He doesnt complain, does his job. Realy good on the ball, overall raw player, but he has talent. And with his workrate, I have big trust for him.

• Like 1

I really don't understand the moaning, this is attacking football and Jose went all out, rightly, against a team that sat back and tried to play a 0-0. If Pep did this people around here would be giddy, obviously he will not deploy this against Tottenham but I would not be surprised to see him make a appearance against, say, Bournemouth.

By the way, Jose's plan did work and he was excellent in that position.

• Like 3

After reading Jose's reasoning for this choice I cannot disagree with it. He was using Kenedy as a tactical tool, we won = it paid off. I do however question the decision to play Ivanovic ahead Azpi, but there might have been reasons we don't know of either.

• Like 4

Hes an attacking player. He was playing in a position that was not so much a left-back, Mourinho said.

We were ready for them to play with four at the back, but also ready for them to play with five like they did against Manchester City.

If they played with five, I wanted us to play with three at the back with Kenedy as a winger.

In the end he played as an aggressive full-back going forward.

• Like 1

After reading Jose's reasoning for this choice I cannot disagree with it. He was using Kenedy as a tactical tool, we won = it paid off. I do however question the decision to play Ivanovic ahead Azpi, but there might have been reasons we don't know of either.

Maybe it's because Ivanovic is tall? Don't think it's hard anymore to figure out why Mourinho likes to play him in the starting XI.

• Like 2

He is a winger not LB. You can put many players to LB but they aint actual LB.

Barca deployed Pedro as RB too, saying Kenedy is most skillful LB is bit funny then.

But anyway despite good game, Im dissapointed we have a manager who plays promising winger as fucking fullback AND also leaves Azpi on bench.

About Kenedy, all respect to the lad. He doesnt complain, does his job. Realy good on the ball, overall raw player, but he has talent. And with his workrate, I have big trust for him.

Why does everyone tell me he is not a LB? I fucking know he is an inverted right winger/second striker which is why i wrote he should be tried higher up the field. Having been perfectly aware of his true position, being funny was exactly my intention when I made that 'skilfull LB' joke.

On a different note, I can see where Mou is coming from. Azpi's defensive prowess was not really be needed on the left vs NOrwich and as much as I like him, he is not that good offensively. Kenedy offered much more in that regard. However I also can not really retrace why he picked Ivanovic who was a liability as always but it did no harm yesterday. Probably some height + element of surprise reason.

• Like 1