Kenedy

the wes

5 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

i honestly though his comments were much worse than it was made out to be in the media, but after reading his comments, its fair to say that all this got blown out of proportion and just another reason for the media and other fans to attack Chelsea Football Club and paint this club as an awful institution, just sad really, people are overly sensible these days. Im not defending Kenedy´s actions, yes he should have known better, but give me a break, how are his comments racist? it´s a brazilian expression for: "damn China, wake up", very brazilian like humour, it was just a joke not intended to offend anyone, he´s a kid whos having fun, but as usual people get offended too easily these days. The main reason this is getting a lot of headlines is because its Chelsea and no other club. Cheers

020170723134913.jpg

Agree  -and the amount of social media police is crazy 

3 hours ago, lucio said:

i'd be more worried, that he offers nothing besides a powerful left footed shot

In that regard I'm only worried about the judgement of our squad builders. It was obvious to me that he wasn't good enough just from watching his YouTube vids when he was initially linked. When I posted to say so, someone told me I was talking nonsense but merely having loose ball control, too loose to succeed in any offensive role at Chelsea's level, is utterly insignificant in comparison to what he's done now. I hope Chelsea Football Club has thought long and hard about the sanctions it will impose.

Our club certainly understands the harm which has been done to its reputation by JT's stupid outburst, by those idiots in the Parisian Metro, and by the residual memories of the hordes of right wing morons who infested our club in the 70's and 80's. I wonder if, on reflection, it might believe that cancelling Kennedy's contract would now be a better message to send? At a guess I'd say the club may have been relatively lenient because they understand that the young man finds himself in a difficult circumstances and therefore feel it's right to support him.

Kennedy must feel completely fed up with his situation. He must be wondering what he's doing in China when everybody knows he is not going to be a significant member of Chelsea's squad come what may and he must be searching his soul about what would be the right move for him to make next. I'm guessing that frustration and anger got to him. In the circumstances those feelings are perhaps understandable, but they are not an excuse.

5 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

i honestly though his comments were much worse than it was made out to be in the media, but after reading his comments, its fair to say that all this got blown out of proportion and just another reason for the media and other fans to attack Chelsea Football Club and paint this club as an awful institution, just sad really, people are overly sensible these days. Im not defending Kenedy´s actions, yes he should have known better, but give me a break, how are his comments racist? it´s a brazilian expression for: "damn China, wake up", very brazilian like humour, it was just a joke not intended to offend anyone, he´s a kid whos having fun, but as usual people get offended too easily these days. The main reason this is getting a lot of headlines is because its Chelsea and no other club. Cheers

020170723134913.jpg

OK, thank you for this. I've already posted a comment which may have been different if I had understood what you say here. He was still badly in the wrong but it's good to read that he is not so absolutely fed up with the world that he would not care about being disrespectful to his hosts.

I think it was a mistake, maybe blown out of proportion too, but we've had guys at the club beforehand be accused of similar/worse and they've been kept, the JT incident with Anton Ferdinand (wrongly/correctly convicted whatever) and fiasco with Wayne Bridges ex or whatever the fuck it was. I'm sure he will learn his lesson, in the contrary one players actions (a 20 year old nowhere near the first team) will not make or break the clubs image in China. He will learn. Social media is a dangerous thing now a days. 

This is so retarded.

Forget about the money, those football players are miserable. Club suppressed him of a free speech, because, imagine, someone got offended. Yes, his comments were silly, but come on!

There is no amount of money that could buy my freedom of expression. Turning players into robots. No wonder some guys like Lahm retired in his 32-33.

Whole Europe is going it that disgusting direction, I guess our club is too.

12 minutes ago, El P. said:

This is so retarded.

Forget about the money, those football players are miserable. Club suppressed him of a free speech, because, imagine, someone got offended. Yes, his comments were silly, but come on!

There is no amount of money that could buy my freedom of expression. Turning players into robots. No wonder some guys like Lahm retired in his 32-33.

Whole Europe is going it that disgusting direction, I guess our club is too.

You are missing the point here. In this day and age with social media and now with nigh on every business, in the contract of employment is a social media policy that is a strict guideline of do's and dont's and there are reasons why.

Social media is a fabulous tool, but it's also a very dangerous tool in the wrong hands and it's one of the biggest trip hazards in modern life today. Once that 'Post' button has been pressed it's out there, literally no coming back. These footballers, or any footballers are the face of a football club that follows them everywhere and one silly post can be the end like we will now see with Kenedy.

25 minutes ago, El P. said:

There is no amount of money that could buy my freedom of expression. Turning players into robots.

Good luck on unemployment then.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean thet you can say anything any time. If you are yelling in a restaurant you will be kicked out. If you are representing a global company (like Chelsea) and the company is trying to spread in Asia you can't say fuck China. Just like I can't say my boss or my clients to lick my balls. You need to act professional when you represent something and Kenedy represents the club as a player.

It's not about turning them into robots, it's about acting as a normal adult human being.

The whole situation is super stupid. But I believe Conte doesn't rate him so much, so sooner or later he would've left the club, I expect to be loaned somewhere in Brazil untill his contract with Chelsea expires. Would be nice if the club act faster in bringing new Lwb after this situation. 

9 minutes ago, King11Didier said:

The whole situation is super stupid. But I believe Conte doesn't rate him so much, so sooner or later he would've left the club, I expect to be loaned somewhere in Brazil untill his contract with Chelsea expires. Would be nice if the club act faster in bringing new Lwb after this situation. 

I'd guess that they are already acting as fast as they judge that they can or should because it's hard to imagine that Kennedy was ever a serious part of the LB/LWB equation.

43 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Good luck on unemployment then.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean thet you can say anything any time. If you are yelling in a restaurant you will be kicked out. If you are representing a global company (like Chelsea) and the company is trying to spread in Asia you can't say fuck China. Just like I can't say my boss or my clients to lick my balls. You need to act professional when you represent something and Kenedy represents the club as a player.

It's not about turning them into robots, it's about acting as a normal adult human being.

I know all that, I just think Chelsea got over the line with sending him home + apology, from club and the player himself. I'm sure that club would act like this if there was even no word "porra" ("fuck", which created mess in the first place).

I would like to see what would happen if some more important player did the same thing.

And you are right, I'm overreacting on this topic a bit, but I witnessed stuff like this in many other areas, not just football, and it's just not normal to me.

EDIT: Not to mention that I've read in 100 places this: "Porra China" does not in any context mean "fuck China", nor is it offensive. It's bad PR, ok, but it could ruin player's career, sending him home like this, for something he didn't do. From what I understood it means like "Damn China". Or we are not going to take that into account either, because it's all bad PR and that's all that matters? I don't know really where are the limits of this. How far will we go?

He still has value in this seasons squad as an under 21. You can't ignore that. 

It's likely Conte doesn't rate him though and that he is in fact going out on another loan. 

But it's far to early to say one way or another. All we know right now is that he's been sent back to London. Still plenty of time between now and 1 September and any number of things can happen.

55 minutes ago, El P. said:

I know all that, I just think Chelsea got over the line with sending him home + apology, from club and the player himself. I'm sure that club would act like this if there was even no word "porra" ("fuck", which created mess in the first place).

I would like to see what would happen if some more important player did the same thing.

And you are right, I'm overreacting on this topic a bit, but I witnessed stuff like this in many other areas, not just football, and it's just not normal to me.

EDIT: Not to mention that I've read in 100 places this: "Porra China" does not in any context mean "fuck China", nor is it offensive. It's bad PR, ok, but it could ruin player's career, sending him home like this, for something he didn't do. From what I understood it means like "Damn China". Or we are not going to take that into account either, because it's all bad PR and that's all that matters? I don't know really where are the limits of this. How far will we go?

This is the most normal thing ever.

We are trying to market ourselves in China, and he disrespected them. Maybe if it was a different place where respect, and national pride, wasn't as important we could get away with it. But we cant. People in China love their nation, and have a pride which could derail all marketing there if we didnt respond quickly.

Kennedy played himself, and us, trying to be a comedian.

3 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

Strange thing is that no media think it is a sign we will get a new LB by sending Kenedy home. Usually their creative imagination works fast, but not this time.

Perhaps because they also realize he's not a defender. He's a forward wide player and nothing more. 

13 hours ago, El P. said:

I think this is about the market. There are 1500 million people in China(holy fuck), hundred of milllion potential supporters who might buy kits, travel to London, whatever. Also, Chinese state are very hard on this, they banned Justin Bieber from China completely last week. Not only concerts, but television, radio, etc. Kenedy is not an important player for Chelsea, so if we have to release him in order not to be banned in China then we will do it. If it was about Hazard we might not do it but it's Kenedy.