Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

To be honest, if there were a player nearing his thirties on whom we should take a bet to reinforce our squad it is definitely Pedro.

With the ball at his feet he is very good (as are every player from La Masia), he is good with both feet and can play on both wings. He also can play as a striker as well — even though we would not be able to play him there a lot (in regards to our game style and our league), he may be a more than decent third choice as a striker : he could play at this position for the odd last minutes of a game and even maybe start the unimportant games, in order to rest Costa and Rémy. Plus, as a substitute, he seems to have a good productivity in regards of goals and assists : for 15 games started and 20 as a sub, he scored 6 and assisted 6. In terms of productivity, it is better than Oscar, Willian and even Hazard (if you take into account Pedro's substitute status and his lesser role) — and Bambi on Ice Mark II, i.e. Cuadrado. He has also as a very good work-rate and good defensive capabilities — he was one of the very first of the breed of the modern AM (i.e. an attacking player that does an important defensive role).

During Pep era, he was great for Barça and Spain — he was even world-class in that treble season in 2011. Moreover, in bonus, he is a player that has won : 3 Champions League ; 5 La Liga ; 1 World-Cup ; 1 Euro. In other words, he has won a lot and has experience at the highest level....

To make a long story short, he is everything that Falcao is not : he is a winner (the Colombian played just ONE season in the UCl....) ; he is fast ; he is a good option on the bench as he can play in all the three forward positions ; he is a good squad player as he has shown last year that he is a productive substitute (whereas we are left in the dark concerning what Falcao can bring from the bench) ; and more importantly, he is not a pale and crooked copy of his former self and he is not coming from a serious injury.

Unfortunately, we chose to sign Falcao... That is a pity because Pedro would have definitely been a better option to have on the bench than both Falcao and Cuadrado... Though concidering we have already Falcao and still have Cuadrado, I am not really sure it is a good idea to sign a player for the bench... It is really important to have enough squad players — but it is a problem when you have too many of them. Though if we were to manage to somehow get rid of Cuadrado, he would be a good option to look for.

Alexis is on a different planet than Pedro.

Pedro doesn't/can't single handedly dominate teams or carry his side when they aren't playing well. Sanchez is a genuinely world class superstar. Pedro was a very good player but never at the level that Sanchez has shown over the past couple of years.

:clown::fainthv9: :fainthv9: :clown:

Pedro was never in Fabregas' class... Pedro is quite overrated on here tbh.

I would say underrated looking at the ratio of positive to negative posts.

Anyway i like Pedro, he's one of those players that never complains and doesn't hide in big moments.

And he can get 10+ goals for any team which is nothing to scoff at.

Why is everyone saying phew or glad hes signed a new deal. If he isn't good enough to play for us then would Alexis Sanchez not be either? Hes every bit just as good and was in fact better when he played regularly under Pep. We are crying out for a RW after signing the steaming pile of crap that is Cuadrado but all of a sudden Pedro isn't good enough or we should be more ambitious, look for better options? Considering the guy is in his best years, is two footed, plays both sides and has a goal in every 3 games for Barca... I don't know if there are very many better right wingers available these days at such a price. We don't need 17-23 year old players, we need guys who are in their best years, who can improve what we have like we did when we signed Costa and Fabregas last year.

:clap:

Alexis is on a different planet than Pedro.

Pedro doesn't/can't single handedly dominate teams or carry his side when they aren't playing well. Sanchez is a genuinely world class superstar. Pedro was a very good player but never at the level that Sanchez has shown over the past couple of years.

Sanchez a world class superstar? He has only had three good seasons of note, his last one in Italy with Udinese, his last one with Barca and his first one at Arsenal. He was actually quite average a lot of the time at Barca to the point where Barca fans weren't quite always sure what to expect,

Sanchez a world class superstar? He has only had three good seasons of note, his last one in Italy with Udinese, his last one with Barca and his first one at Arsenal. He was actually quite average a lot of the time at Barca to the point where Barca fans weren't quite always sure what to expect,

Third best player in the PL after Agüero and Hazard in my opinion. Definitely a world class star. Expect him to be even better than last season.

Third best player in the PL after Agüero and Hazard in my opinion. Definitely a world class star. Expect him to be even better than last season.

he goes missing in far too many big games, he also went missing for 3 months of the season he had something like 2 goals and 2 assists in 14 games, highly overrated player and if you think he is world class you either know nothing about football or have very very low standards of what you think a world class player is.

I dont think hes world class, hes a very good player but not world class. Think that term is thrown around too loosely. I think Pedro would probably just be as good if a regular at another team that isn't Barca, in the same way Cesc has been for us. But lets be real if he was world class would Barca have sold him? Probably not. Not saying that goes for everything but do you think they would sel world class players...

he goes missing in far too many big games, he also went missing for 3 months of the season he had something like 2 goals and 2 assists in 14 games, highly overrated player and if you think he is world class you either know nothing about football or have very very low standards of what you think a world class player is.

I don't know anything about football? :lol:

Okay, mate. You're a moron if you don't think Alexis is world class.

Fabregas and Matic both saw their levels drop in the second half of the season. Are they not world class? It was his first season in the PL and he put up better stats than Hazard. Obviously he wasn't as consistent but why would he be when he's in a new team, new league, new country with no winter break like he's used to?

Christ, I sound like an Arse fan here defending one of their players.

I don't know anything about football? :lol:

Okay, mate. You're a moron if you don't think Alexis is world class.

Fabregas and Matic both saw their levels drop in the second half of the season. Are they not world class? It was his first season in the PL and he put up better stats than Hazard. Obviously he wasn't as consistent but why would be be when he's in a new team, new league, new country's with no winter break like he's used to?

Christ, I sound like an Arse fan here defending one of their players.

you clearly have very low standards for what you think a world class player is.

and no Sanchez didnt have better stats then Hazard last season.

Sanchez goes missing in many big games, Hazard almost single handedly dragged us to the PL title. Thats the difference between a world class player and a good player

you clearly have very low standards for what you think a world class player is.

and no Sanchez didnt have better stats then Hazard last season.

Sanchez goes missing in many big games, Hazard almost single handedly dragged us to the PL title. Thats the difference between a world class player and a good player

His stats were nearly identical. Hazard had one more assist, Sanchez scored two more goals.

You think my standards for a world class player are low, your's must be too high. One of those people who thinks there are only a few world class players on Earth.

His stats were nearly identical. Hazard had one more assist, Sanchez scored two more goals.

You think my standards for a world class player are low, your's must be too high. One of those people who thinks there are only a few world class players on Earth.

Hazard - More Successful passes, More Key passes, More Assists, Higher Pass Completion, More Chances Created, More Successfull Take Ons, More Fouls Won.

No one in the PL can match Hazard's stats last season, so please explain how Sanchez has better stats then Hazard?

and very few players are world class, only the elite can be put in that world class bracket, Sanchez never has and never will be world class, simply not at that level.