Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

So we're about to sign Aranguiz and Pedro for combining 50m€ fee. We will get more from sales on top of own money. Hmm who is this big player that we're saving money for ?

Don't get me wrong, Pedro is a good player, better right-winger than Mata, KdB, Salah, Schurrle, CUADRADO and anything like Douglas Costa or Enner Valencia we've been linked with.

But it again smells me yet another "cheaper alternative" and I dislike it very, very much. Again paying over the top for cheaper option while we can't go over the top for top quality.

Pedro is the kind of signing that I settle with in the last days of transfer window after hard effort to get Reus, Griezmann, Isco, Sterling etc. Not now. His clause is there and it won't get away mind.

He's way better than Cuadrado so can't say no to him but feel we're missing the point.

I would rather Pedro on the RW then Reus, Griezmann, Isco and Sterling.

Pedro isnt a cheap alternative, he is someone who would fit our system better then most players in the world, he is a Mourinho type player with his ork rate, and his ability to press the ball, and would add goals to our team, he is easily a 15+ goal a season player like Hazard, which makes him a bargain not a cheap alternative.

they have Munir and Sandro both who have been told they will be part of the 1st team squad next season

munir and sandro played some matches in the start of the last season as well (neymar injured and suarez banned). both were less than impressive. barca would be crazy selling pedro with no quality backup.

Rafinha as well ? I think he's a winger

he is a CM.

Haven't really watched Barca lately but I'd take the Pedro of a couple years back without thinking twice.

Even if his form has been bad recently, it's understandable because he hasn't been playing regularly enough. Just think Cesc at Barca and then at Chelsea, huge difference.

According to SPORT or "Don Balon" the signing of Pedro Rodriguez to join us is totally done. They say that Jose has personally called Pedro Rodriguez to convince him and in the next hours / days will become official (although the signing could be announced after the election for president of Barcelona, next week).

The clause of Pedro Rodriguez were 150 million euros, but after his last renewal of the contract, the clause is now 30 million euros (21.50 million pounds).

"SPORT" also says that Pedro has spoken with Fabregas to ask him about London and Chelsea, and that this conversation has finally convince him.

To me Pedro Rodriguez is not exactly what we need and I would like that we finally did not sign him. Good player, but I prefer another kind of player.

But if we will finally signed him, Pedro Rodriguez is a good player to complete our squad ... but not our starting eleven.

Regards.

Good player. £21M is a good price too.

But he is not the solution to our AM issues. This will only really make sense if we're selling Cuadrado and he's our replacement for the bench with Moses and one of the youngsters (Boga?) and we're still in the market for that world class AM (Reus/Griezmann/Isco etc.).

Very interesting choice if true. I think he could surprise many here. He's technically obviously excellent, he has a lot of winning experience, he can play tactical roles when needed and he's joining us for his prime years. I think the rumored buyout clause is fair. Certainly beats paying 50m for Sterling.