Baba Rahman

They want 22-25 mil. euro, which is close to what we're getting for Filipe. So, no problem, with that. Plus he's you make him sound like he is jack shite, when he actually is pretty good and has immense potential. His workrate and crossing ability are the reason we're getting him,imo.

Never said he was shite. He is good, no doubt but I just wonder whether this will be enough. We lost Bertrand because we signed Filipe, now we sell Filipe and replace him with this guy. It is not his fault, but I am a bit frustrated with how we handled this situation. Especially selling Bertrand so cheap.

jt could deteriorate at any moment at this age. we should be preparing for life without him , as well as protecting him when he does play.

Right, but at the moment JT's starter and judging by his performances last year and the way we set up it's likely he'll be able to play at least 1 full season on a high level. And in case of that I'd like to have an adequate option to rotate with Cesar.

Which would be absolutely wasted here at Chelsea as he'd have to protect JT, though, and couldn't get up and down the flank.

Think the idea is that first he'll be a starter next year, when probably JT won't be either.

Second, he can manage to throw himself in attack and manage to get back in time, if he the attack fails.

Azpi is slower than him, tbf, so I wouldn't be surprised if he could manage to do the second point.

Never said he was shite. He is good, no doubt but I just wonder whether this will be enough. We lost Bertrand because we signed Filipe, now we sell Filipe and replace him with this guy. It is not his fault, but I am a bit frustrated with how we handled this situation. Especially selling Bertrand so cheap.

Berty wanted to leave and Brana was great in his first season, so it was better he left. I think Baba would be a really good addition and will be immensely underrated. Ofcourse, that is my opinion.

I wasn't too sure about bringing in a player of his age when I first read the links with him. But I've read up as much as I can on him and the more I've read the more I like him.

Having a back 4 of Dave/Happy/Stones/Baba would be very interesting. All are fast/clever/skillfull/wise beyond their ages and multi talented. And with them all being young they can be together for many years.

With Baba and Hazard teamed up and Dave where we need him the balance would be better than it is now.

Think the idea is that first he'll be a starter next year, when probably JT won't be either.

Second, he can manage to throw himself in attack and manage to get back in time, if he the attack fails.

Azpi is slower than him, tbf, so I wouldn't be surprised if he could manage to do the second point.

Berty wanted to leave and Brana was great in his first season, so it was better he left. I think Baba would be a really good addition and will be immensely underrated. Ofcourse, that is my opinion.

Brana was never great at rightback. He has his moments. but he had always had lapses in concentration. No 21 y.o. with only one decent season under his belt that costs in excess of 20m € can be called "underrated". Bertrand for 10m was underrated. He himself said that he should still be here. He never wanted to leave but was forced to.

Same here, I'd rather give Ake a chance tbh

Meh. Never even heard of this guy before this month.

So because you've never heard of him you're going to dismiss him? He was one of the best defenders in the Bundesliga last year... The fact that you've never heard of him doesn't mean the club hasn't been watching him. You guys probably only know 15% of the players clubs are tracking.

So because you've never heard of him you're going to dismiss him? He was one of the best defenders in the Bundesliga last year... The fact that you've never heard of him doesn't mean the club hasn't been watching him. You guys probably only know 15% of the players clubs are tracking.

Never did i dismiss him. Chill brah

I'm not dismissing him, I'd rather just give Ake a chance because I know more about him.

You don't think a loan would be better off for him? where he gets to play loads and learn the position?

It probably would be but if we get this guy then Ake never is going to make it here as a LB. I'd rather see Ake get the minutes Luis would've gotten.