Baba Rahman

i am one of the staunchest jose supporters. but if iva starts against WBA, i WILL lose my faith. even if we somehow end up winning the CL and PL double.

i dont give a shit. iva needs to be subbed.

your levels of optimism ! :clap:

Realistically, the way we are playing winning FA would seem like a huge deal. Wining CL is a bizzarre dream which will happen only if Barcelona, Real, Bayern, Athletico and other CL teams get nuked.

Good timing since the thread was in meltdown after that game. ?

I will be amazed if he is a starter any time soon.

Needs to adjust to the pl and all that good stuff.

I expect he will have more of a role by the end of the season or if not next.

Mourinho on Rahman...

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/08/final-whistle-verdict--man-city-away.html

There was positive news shortly after the game when the club announced we had completed the signing of Baba Rahman from Augsburg, and Mourinho explained why the defender will be an important addition to the squad.

‘It’s important because he’s a left-back and he can compete with Azpilicueta. At the same time, Azpi can also compete with Ivanovic for the right-back position. This player replaces Filipe Luis in terms of the balance of the squad. Hopefully next week he will be ready.’

Interesting bit (if you can call it that) about Azpi can compete with Ivanovic there...

Mourinho on Rahman...

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/08/final-whistle-verdict--man-city-away.html

Interesting bit (if you can call it that) about Azpi can compete with Ivanovic there...

He also said this in Friday's press conference: “When you have a left back like Filipe Luis last year, you can play Filipe Luis and rest Azpilicueta, you can play Filipe Luis and play Azpilicueta at right back and Ivanovic is not playing." :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/managers/jose-mourinho/11805154/Jose-Mourinho-wants-more-instability-at-Chelsea-as-he-turns-up-heat-on-key-players.html

He also said this in Friday's press conference: When you have a left back like Filipe Luis last year, you can play Filipe Luis and rest Azpilicueta, you can play Filipe Luis and play Azpilicueta at right back and Ivanovic is not playing." :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/managers/jose-mourinho/11805154/Jose-Mourinho-wants-more-instability-at-Chelsea-as-he-turns-up-heat-on-key-players.html

Mou always mixes a bit of truth and lies when he talks about his plans for the team.

Like when he returned he said he saw Ivan as a right back and that's where he will play (truth) but said he will never play Luiz in midfield (lie).

Hopefully this is true tho, I don't actually want Azpi to move to the right as I love him at left back but I'm getting really sick of Ivanovic right now. Maybe Stones at right back if we get him?