Baba Rahman

Is anyone actually excited about this guy or stones or is there just a need for us to sign players to be happy? I reckon both could be good buys just not remotely excited about either transfer.

Obvously its not exciting like buying a midfielder or an attacking player, but i think people should understand that our current defenders just encouraging a very conservative approach, because they are so slow and unathletic.

Replacing Ivanovic, Cahill and eventually Terry is imo the most important thing left to do in the first XI, if we want to play more proactive football.

Playing the likes of Baba, Stones and Zouma is the step in the right direction if fans want us to play differently than the second half of last season. And i believe Jose wants it too. But it remains to be seen if Baba and Zouma/Stones will actually

get to be starters soon enough.

Is anyone actually excited about this guy or stones or is there just a need for us to sign players to be happy? I reckon both could be good buys just not remotely excited about either transfer.

Depends doesn't it? After watching a season of Ivanovic continue at RB, while the best RB in the league was a LB, at the expense of someone who was dubbed "Best LB in Europe"... Not really excited lol.

A team is built up over more than a years worth of transfers. Getting some young talent meant for the first team is a great step, and I believe Baba and Stones can serve the club for a long time.

Having said that, last season showed weaknesses in the squad that have not been adressed this summer, and the team will suffer the consequences. The depth in midfield, fitness issues up top and still not having the right candidate for the right wing need to be dealt with.
Like Mourinho said though, these things are not always solved right away, they might already have candidates for those positions, but for one reason or another wont make their move until winter or next summer.
We need to see this as a long game, rather than just "this season".

I think Chelsea will struggle to retain the league though (but still have a great chance to win), and will not win CL.

we will certainly need to have some cup luck/backs to the wall moments to conquer to win the European Cup this season. we aren`t the most talented team in Europe but the most talented teams don`t always win it and the same applies for all Cup tournaments.

being League Champions of England is always my number 1 priority tho...a League championship is always earned and won by the best team in it. we have our work cut out to be that this year but I think over the course of a season I`d still put us as favourites marginally. our depth is currently a little worrying in certain positions.

Nothing to get excited about, he will be warming the bench until Dave/Ivanovic picks up an injury or have a fallout with Mourinho. Neither will get dropped so wouldn't surprise me if by the end of this season he barely even beaks double figure for amount of games played this season.

orry i cant see us winning the league this years

we will certainly need to have some cup luck/backs to the wall moments to conquer to win the European Cup this season. we aren`t the most talented team in Europe but the most talented teams don`t always win it and the same applies for all Cup tournaments.

being League Champions of England is always my number 1 priority tho...a League championship is always earned and won by the best team in it. we have our work cut out to be that this year but I think over the course of a season I`d still put us as favourites marginally. our depth is currently a little worrying in certain positions.

Sorry i cant see us winning it again this year... all the teams around us have strengened where we have stood still and we need a drastic rise in form to even contest.