Baba Rahman

Augsburg can judge it how they will from the euros side, that's up to them. For me my only concern is Chelsea and we paid £14M, no matter how you cut it. With the possibility to go up to £17.5M depending on performances. That's not expensive when you consider some of the deals that have gone down this summer. For me a maximum of £17.5M for a 21 year old LB who is already good and looks like he has the potential to be a top player in the future is a good price. Especially considering Rodriguez is mooted to cost around £30M and Shaw went to Utd last summer for £30M aswell.

You're right about that.

The issue of judging prices is that the British market became so crazy that £14m is small for a 21 yo LB. PL clubs can pay over the odds for players from France, Germany, Spain, and they wont feel bad about that. And the selling team, they are happy about getting so much money, a lot more than the "real value" of the player. Its happening in the last two-three years a lot and it will continue to happen even more, especially with the smaller clubs in PL.

Ivanovic is vice captain, he's not getting dropped.

It's hard to think how the the team would perform without Ivanovic in the side given that he's a regular starter, but when Ivanovic himself starts to fuck up, you do have a cause for concern at Right Back! Do you go for a different approach and change up the "ever reliable" defence from last season (NOTE: can lead to gambles being made that may or may not be costly), or do you bite the bullet, stick with Ivanovic and hope his form improves? :blink:

It's hard to think how the the team would perform without Ivanovic in the side given that he's a regular starter, but when Ivanovic himself starts to fuck up, you do have a cause for concern at Right Back! Do you go for a different approach and change up the "ever reliable" defence from last season (NOTE: can lead to gambles being made that may or may not be costly), or do you bite the bullet, stick with Ivanovic and hope his form improves? :blink:

strong in the air and strong shielding the ball, but getting worse on overall defending and still looks like merely a gifted CB on the wing during attacks. Need a real fullback, sorry. Today's game requires capability on attack from those fullback areas.

push ivan into centre back

Baffles me when people suggest this

We've seen his lack of tactical awareness at right back, as clear as day. Why would you want to put him there instead of a very tactically astute Cahill?

I think it's more to cater for Mourinhos obsession with playing him. We all know that the best place for Ivan is on the bench. Though we also know that this probably will not happen this season as Jose bums the life out of him!

We've seen his lack of tactical awareness at right back, as clear as day. Why would you want to put him there instead of a very tactically astute Cahill?

cahill had a few dodgy moments last season i cant see why not ivan challenge him for the cb postion

Ivanovic CAN play at centre back.. I've seen him play there before, he played like a warrior there against Spartak Moscow in the 4-1 Champions League win at the bridge in 2010-11 and even scored TWO in that game!

That was my initial expectation of him when Avram Grant signed him in 2008, but I think Carvalho and Terry already had the CB places rooted at that time, and in order for Ivanovic to get games, he was pushed over to Right Back... seemingly did a good job there in the early days up until now... over that time it's almost certain he's turned out better as a right back than he is a centre back.

People seem to forget the above, that he is capable of such a trait.. the fact that he is hardly ever used at CB is why that seems to be the case!

Ivanovic CAN play at centre back.. I've seen him play there before, he played like a warrior there against Spartak Moscow in the 4-1 Champions League win at the bridge in 2010-11 and even scored TWO in that game!

That was my initial expectation of him when Avram Grant signed him in 2008, but I think Carvalho and Terry already had the CB places rooted at that time, and in order for Ivanovic to get games, he was pushed over to Right Back... seemingly did a good job there in the early days up until now... over that time it's almost certain he's turned out better as a right back than he is a centre back.

People seem to forget the above, that he is capable of such a trait.. the fact that he is hardly ever used at CB is why that seems to be the case!

5 years ago.........