Baba Rahman

Relief. Big money but it was vital we got LB cover. As good as Azpi is I hope in home games against teams who are much inferior to us, we see Rahman start because it is rare that he will have much defending too. Having a naturally fast, attack minded player will be really be beneficial. Especially with people saying he is an excellent crosser, I hope he is not left out the team as much as Luis was. I do actually think that the lack of a natural left footer can hinder us sometimes so hope Mourinho sees a lot in him and trusts him to play every so often. Seems like he could challenge Azpi for the role, hopefully too. Had the most tackles in the Bundesliga last season. Very impressive. We hopefully have a LB who excels in attacking and defending.

I can only hope he turns out to be a quality fullback, with pace and quality on the ball and going forward.

I do wonder though... With Mourinho's reluctance to rotate, how much will we see him? Would be a shame if we saw another Luis situation.

Hope we don't sign him with the idea to bench him.

Put him in at left back, Azpilicueta moves to Right Back.. suddenly you have Ivanovic having to work for his place!

That's an ideal situation. Whether Mourinho agrees with me or not depends...

Everyone complaining about whether or not he will play need to relax. He's here to give us numbers, how much he plays is up to him. Luis didn't play because defensively he never gave us enough. On the flank where hazard plays you need a disciplined lb. Baba will play if he proves to be better than brana or Cesar. I believe he may be.

I can only hope he turns out to be a quality fullback, with pace and quality on the ball and going forward.

I do wonder though... With Mourinho reluctance to rotate, how much will we see him? Would be a shame if we saw another Luis situation.

very different from luis. baba is one for the future, and maybe present if he impresses enough or through injuries. he will get game time though for sure