Baba Rahman

Both Azpi and Luis should have been our fullbacks with Brana either benched or moved centrally, in my opinion

Benched. If you think Cahill-Terry is slow...

I think he is great for a bench boy. Iva is going nowhere for at least one and likely 2 seasons. Therefore it makes sense to buy a 21 y o average player that could be good (imo I see a Cole-Azpi like situation, with Iva being the Cole and Baba being the Azpi), much like the Stones CB situation - Terry is going nowhere and buying a good young player who will either force Zouma to rot on the bench or he himself will rot there, because Terry has got 2-3 seasons left on the top, and his man management skills are invaluable, something that Stones-Cahill or Stones-Zouma cannot offer.

The only difference is that one is a solution to a problem that does to exist and the other is.

Both Azpi and Luis should have been our fullbacks with Brana either benched or moved centrally, in my opinion

On paper yes but Iva is still most influental and efficient fullback we have, that reflects in big games very clearly

I can see JT being OK this year and being phazed out next. Right NOW we have certain problems with both Bane and Cahill fact. At times they have given us alot of trouble and if any of our opponents have any sense that is the area they attack.

What we think means fack all, Mou seems to think they cant be replaced.

I love them both and Bane above all is the epitome of a Blue but sentiment aside we are in trouble with 3 lads all on 1 year renewables.

Ive made a post somewhere explaining Mous new transfer system. With him normally wanting to bring in top complete players he is looking to build a club for 10 years in the future.

In his eyes he sees Bane/Cahill have 1/2 years so hes bringing in good young lads with bags of potential that will be phased in slowly to take over when they shoot off. With Zouma here and a CB/LB coming thats our new back line.

Thats how I see it anyway

I know about the expecience and Youtube effect, but this guy isn't really far from a starting spot with us if he ups his game a bit more ( and putting Azpi on the right ), he really is complete as a full-back.

Impressive , and only covers 1st half of season too. Could be a real menace down the left, hopefully jose will see the wisdom of natural fullbacks.

Hazard and kenedy/traore inverted wingers ,baba and cesar overlapping. Sounds like fun.