Baba Rahman

I am not completely doubting his ability, but RATHER THE LOGIC the club seems to be using for its new policy. Apparently potential now is worth nearly as much as a peak top class player. For example rumors of us considering going up to 34m for Stones is baffling if you consider Ramos was rumored to be available for 40m before he signed a new contract.

If we don't have money I understand but for some reason we seems hell bent on investing in potential for big fees, a mistake that costs Arsenal and Liverpool dearly in the last decade.

Yes this is true! Because as you've seen with Lukaku, Debruyne, Mata and to a lesser extent Luiz, players who are young with potential have sell on value. When we buy players with one contract left in them and likely no chance of them re-signing, it puts an enormous amount of pressure on our wage structure should that player be a bust. (See Torres for more evidence)

Ever since Jose's been back he's stressed the importance of building the next chelsea for 10 yrs, what you're advocating is the type of reckless spending that got PSG and City in trouble.

Let the people who run the club do their job, they know more about the inner workings of our financial situation than either me or you. The time to scrutinize their decisions is when the moves they have made look terrible(see Torres again) Until then relax and stop sweating the small shit, if Chelsea want a player they usually get that player. Nobody is holding a gun to their heads making them pay crazy prices, if the board see it as worth it they will do it!

Coentrao, Kurzawa, Rodriguez, heck even Baines..... guys who we could easily go after but no we are spending 17.5M on a guy who is prone to defensive errors and dodgy positioning? I don't like what we've done in this window... at all.. just replacing what we've lost as opposed to sorting out right midfield or a number 10 and another central midfielder for depth.

Would love that too but i've just had to come to the realisation that Jose thinks that Ivan is undroppable and a key player. So upsetting but just something we'll have to accept.

Azpi - Ivanovic - Terry - Rodriguez

Problem solved :D

Coentrao, Kurzawa, Rodriguez, heck even Baines..... guys who we could easily go after but no we are spending 17.5M on a guy who is prone to defensive errors and dodgy positioning? I don't like what we've done in this window... at all.. just replacing what we've lost as opposed to sorting out right midfield or a number 10 and another central midfielder for depth.

I would think all four would cost more and are older. We will just have to hope he turns out to be another Azpi.

I don't think anyone has a thing to complain about given how athletic, strong, agile and apparently skilled this guy is. And Chelsea need a left back with top quality potential.

I'm completely satisfied with this signing. There are never any guarantees, but this guy has it all and all to gain in coming years.

Happy Birthday, you're welcome.

Now about the CM and maybe CB...

remember when we sign dave he's relatively unknown and he turn out to be world class

and a lot of experts and analyst says this guy is arguably the best LB in bundesliga, i have high hopes he can become a starter with dave reverting back to RB his original position with ivan getting old

What we must try to remember is that Mou is trying to build a side that will be dominant not just for now but for years into the future.

The thing I have problems with getting my head around just like many others is that this is a side of Mou we haven't seen before. We have always seen the Mou with his love for 'complete' players. The players for now.

Now hes getting players who will be stepping in ready when lads like Bane/Cahill/JT. Young,good players with lotsa potential. practicing and getting time playing with the team for when the time does come (sooner rather than later hopefully) they can step up and take their place.

So yes we might be paying a bit more than we should but remember this is going towards our future.

Sometimes our transfers make no sense at all. Buy a top quality LB in Filipe Luis for a high price, sell our promising LB to Soton. Sell Luis the very next season and buy an average LB for a high price. No way this lad is better than Bertrand. If Azpi gets injured we truly are fucked. No way a 21 year LB from the German league can adapt and perform at the highest level in both the PL and CL. We should've kept Luis.

Sometimes our transfers make no sense at all. Buy a top quality LB in Filipe Luis for a high price, sell our promising LB to Soton. Sell Luis the very next season and buy an average LB for a high price. No way this lad is better than Bertrand. If Azpi gets injured we truly are fucked. No way a 21 year LB from the German league can adapt and perform at the highest level in both the PL and CL. We should've kept Luis.

Sometimes we just don't understand Jose...

will judge this transfer after some years. he is 21, so obviuosly this is more a "potential" buy than instant impact buy. azpi was relatively unknown and currently an integral part of our team. lets hope this transfer is along the same lines.